suck_my_corn_dog
KawaiiPotatoes

Should zoos stay ?

suck_my_corn_dog has forfeited round #3.

suck_my_corn_dog

Pro

I believe that zoos should stay and I have many reasons for this. First of all zoos are not like they used to be. Monkeys are not kept in small boxes and most animal have many habitats,Including both temperature controlled and open range enclosures.

pls dont put down bs or HARAMBE
KawaiiPotatoes

Con

I do not think that zoos should be allowed. My reasoning behind my opinion is that captive animals are deprived of everything natural and important to them. Even if they now have bigger cages, that doesn't help if they become lonely or bored. Zoochosis is what many animals have and because of this some zoos give animals a mood altering drug, such as Prozac according to Peta.org. Elephants walk up to 30 miles a day so even if zoo keepers got rid of small encloses, it still wouldn't be big enough for some animals.
suck_my_corn_dog

Pro

You sir are very wrong. Animals now have very open and wide areas with natural grass and trees. Secondly they aren't by them self and actually with the same type and different gender of the same species. Third DO YOU KNOW HOW BIG ELEPHANT ENCLOSURES ARE? Lastly on this subject they don't have cages . . Cages have bars and chains .They have enclosures.

My second rebutle is that zoochsis is fake.Just because something has .org does not mean its true .Jut like on this website people have many arguments that are not true AT ALL.

p.s. CHECK YOUR F-IN SOURCES
p.p.s. HAVE MULTIPLE SOURCES IF YOUR TRYING TO LIST THEM
p.p.p.s. CHECK BOTH LIBERAL AND CONSERVATIVE SOURCES
KawaiiPotatoes

Con

First off I apologize if my sources were not credible, but if your going to deem my sources as unreliable then you should at least share yours. I did not list all my sources because I got that specific piece of information from that site. The name zoochosis may not be real, but the illness is. Even IF some zoos are able to provide the necessary amount of space for various animals, not all zoos are. Animals still suffer from behavioral problems in zoos, it's a proven study. Over half of elephants in zoos suffer from behavioral problems during the day and in the night. Animals die prematurely in zoos, 40% of lion cubs die before they are a month old in zoos. I am very aware of how big elephant enclosures are, or I wouldn't be debating you.
P.S. I appreciate your advice, but it is not needed.
Posted by suck_my_corn_dog 8 months ago
suck_my_corn_dog
Sry i didnt mean to forfeit im doing this in school and i didnt respond over the weekend
Posted by KawaiiPotatoes 8 months ago
KawaiiPotatoes
From what I have heard, anything that ends with a .org is a reliable source... but I could be wrong
Posted by PowerPikachu21 8 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Is PETA really that reliable? I heard some bad things about them.