KernGordon
MassiveDump

Shouldn't kids get as much respect as adults expect from kids.

MassiveDump

KernGordon

Pro

Nowadays adults think that because they've been living longer they deserve respect from children because we are younger well I think that is a [Edited by moderator] and that adults can [Edited by moderator] if they think they can get respect from me when they think they can treat me like s h i t.
When we ask for a little bit of respect they say that we are young and we shouldn't give respect to anyone except adults when adults them selves don't even care about giving it.
I'm surprised that they're surprised that when we stand up and make there lives hell when we want some equality.
So tell me what you think and I'll check up on you guys
MassiveDump

Con

"Nowadays adults think that because they've been living longer they deserve respect from children because we are younger"

My opponent can probably more or less agree with this: most kids are stupid. Most kids do stupid things. I encourage whoever's reading this to consider how many douchebags there were in your classes back in Elementary and Middle School. Kids shouldn't have as much respect because, let's face it, kids don't make quite as respectable decisions.

Also consider the following:

Do you feed, clothe, and wipe the butts of your parents? No. But I'll bet that they did the same for you, and if they didn't, then you probably smell Godawful.

Adults are legally obligated to provide for their children until they reach the age of eighteen. The bare minimum a child could do in return is pay them a little respect.

"I think that is a whole load of crap and that adults can suck my as s hole"

"I'm surprised that they're surprised that when we stand up and make there lives hell when we want some equality."

Oh, it's always about equality with you Communists.

Personally, I'm surprised that my opponent's surpised that they're surprised by an obvious surprise of a surprising event.

Wait- why is my opponent making their lives Hell again? For equality? By the Golden Rule, wouldn't that dictate that my opponent is showing them that he wants them to make his life Hell?

Le Conclusion

I used to feel the same way. And admittedly, some adults are serious dumbasses. But when you look at it, aren't there just as many if not more dumbass children? And with adults providing care for the children by law, is there not just a little call for respect out there?

Kellog's Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Part of a complete breakfast.
KernGordon

Pro

I agree on most of your points but what I was saying adults are hypocrites and I'm saying some people need to show respect to everyone if you expect it back
MassiveDump

Con

This is true, but the resolution my opponent made states that kids should get as much respect from adults as adults expect from kids.

But because adults are legally required to provide care for children and not vice versa, It's clear that children still deserve less respect from adults as adults deserve from children.

Extend All Other Arguments
KernGordon

Pro

Though the adults take care of children they should show respect to everyone not just because they give them care because some of them who are supposed to give them care still abuse them plus some adults don't even respect some people who are higher in the social hierarchy.
My point is that adults are speaking of equality but what of equality among ages as well as gender race and homosexuality things likes these have been splitting up the world and starting unneeded situations if not for this we may have a happy world where no matter what your age!!!!!
MassiveDump

Con

Please don't take the following as poor conduct as I am using it as analogy to explain the non-inherency of this case: I assume that my opponent made this debate because his mom told him to load the dishwasher and he threw a hissyfit.

That said, it was the child who first showed the disrespect, causing the parent to get a little tense.

The main problem with my opponent's case is that adults are not inherently disrespectful to their children. But children should still show more respect to adults because it is the adult that is teaching them how to survive in the real world, and not vice versa, hence why you know how to properly use a toilet.

"...some of them who are supposed to give them care still abuse them..."

But on balance, most parents are not abusive. Compliant with Paul's teachings, children typically honor their parents equal to how much the parents care for the children. But I don't think a dude's momma needs to honor someone whom she shot out of her own-

-eh nevermind.

"...plus some adults don't even respect some people who are higher in the social hierarchy."

And thanks to our First Amendment, they can. But should they? The people higher up than the ones my opponent is mentioning likely pay that person, or provide some public service or protection. Don't you think those people deserve more respect, whether they get it or not?

"My point is that adults are speaking of equality but what of equality among ages as well as gender race and homosexuality things likes these have been splitting up the world and starting unneeded situations..."

This is an apple:

This is an orange:

Please do not compare the two.

"...if not for this we may have a happy world where no matter what your age!!!!!"

Statutory rape becoming legalized? Drunk high-schoolers not being frowned upon? A baby piloting my flight to Cleveland? Nah thanks.

And with that, the resolution has been negated :D
Posted by Donjaundebater1212 3 years ago
Donjaundebater1212
Looking for a debate to vote on? Please vote Con! at
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
It's not so much about law as it is morality.

That said, I suppose my legal obligation point wasn't the best argument.
Posted by ArgentStorm 3 years ago
ArgentStorm
Perhaps that was a poorly worded example; I meant, if I refrain from doing something on Thursday, and on Friday a law comes into place that forbids me from doing something, has my respectability increased because I continue to refrain?
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
Posted by damienvox 3 years ago
damienvox
I have read it now i must say i got that out of due to how you acted and how you treated the child in this debate and with your comments such as children dont deserve respect like adults well it was hard to have reason to believe otherwise.
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
*Ahem*

I take it you didn't read my reason for decline then.
Posted by damienvox 3 years ago
damienvox
What excuse do you have for saying you will debate me then i challenge you and you decline i see little reason.
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
Posted by damienvox 3 years ago
damienvox
You declined so are you there by sudmitting to me as the winner?
Posted by damienvox 3 years ago
damienvox
Challenge made your move.
Vote Placed by Donjaundebater1212 3 years ago
Donjaundebater1212
KernGordonMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sorry Pro, you really put no forthought into this argument before you presented it. The con did what he had to and then some. Good job Con
Vote Placed by Skeptikitten 3 years ago
Skeptikitten
KernGordonMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had horrible grammar, was whiny and profane, and had no real arguments.
Vote Placed by jzonda415 3 years ago
jzonda415
KernGordonMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con for not swearing and behaving well. Spelling and grammar goes to Con for being able to not use run-on and fragment sentences and for using commas. Convincing arguments goes to Con for refuting all of Pro's poor claims and arguments. Sources are a tie.
Vote Placed by newbiehere 3 years ago
newbiehere
KernGordonMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better conduct: Pro was whiney, but Con slighted Pro with the dishwasher comment. It's a tie. Spelling and grammar: Con, because Pro is missing the comma key on his keyboard. Convincing arguments: Con, because, well, you know, he made convincing arguments and stuff. Reliable sources: I was about to give this one to Con because the bear is absolutely adorable, but then I remembered that bears kill people. This one is tied.
Vote Placed by JustinAMoffatt 3 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
KernGordonMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: I naturally agree with Con. This didn't change. As far as conduct goes, I wasn't a fan of the whining, but Pro wasn't overly polite. I don't feel either side was rude though, so I'm going to call it a draw. Spelling and grammar went to Pro. As far as arguments go, Pro... you've gotta do better than that. Con, way to use humor to sell your points. You already know you had me laughing from round 1. I'm going to use that tactic in the future. Well done, Con. Better luck next time, Pro.