BELVY
MasterFonso

Shrek is the best movie ever made. Y/N

BELVY
Started: 4/20/2014 Category: Funny

BELVY

Pro

Shrek is a cinematic masterpiece. I've created this debate to call into question other opinions in hopes they can sway my view. Love, Chandler
MasterFonso

Con

I agree that Shrek is a good film but it has one to many flaws to take the title of "cinematic masterpeice". For starters Shrek is an "Ogre" but lives in a house which is completely absurd because "ogres" are known to be the scourge of the earth which entitles them to living in caves/ mountain sides. Secondly each fairytale figure depicted in all 4 installments of the Shrek series are almost butchered because of the innacuracy. Shrek is a joke of a film and should not be regarded in any way as a "good film". It seems to have been directed by Chance the Rappers equally retarded little cousin from Nigeria. Fvck you and fvck shrek
BELVY

Pro

Shrek is a film with a rich history of its own. The timeline of Shrek can be traced all the way back to the dark ages in which ogres were normal denizens of society. Shrek is a film full of allegorical significance. This credibility plus the full length feature film having Mike Meyers and an all star cast created a film of extraordinary significance.
MasterFonso

Con

Rich history of making children believe donkies can talk and that order and society is bad. Shrek has inspired an entire generation to be rebelious hoodlums and show no respect to social order. Shrek is dirty, shrek lives in a swamp and shrek has the most disgisting eating habits i've ever had the bad fortune of laying my eyes apon. There is not a single good/realistic message this "film" has put across. This is why shrek is not a "cinematic madterpeice"
BELVY

Pro

"I think we should give drugs to infant children." - Alfonso Moreno
MasterFonso

Con

"420 blze it fggt, pssy btch I bet u don't even smoke big weed. Reefer madness" - Chandler Harrison
Posted by BELVY 3 years ago
BELVY
maximum ogredrive
Posted by MasterFonso 3 years ago
MasterFonso
I'm sorry about my bad grammar, it's just this debate has me very heated and uneasy
Posted by BELVY 3 years ago
BELVY
You dont know.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Should be posted in the opinion section, not the debate.
Vote Placed by Phoenix61397 3 years ago
Phoenix61397
BELVYMasterFonsoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con said Shrek is a good film, and 3 sentences later said Shrek cannot be in any way regarded as a good film. He also had bad conduct and unfounded arguments. Although pro did not make strong arguments or use sources, he did better than con.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
BELVYMasterFonsoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for cons closing points in R1.
Vote Placed by aburk903 3 years ago
aburk903
BELVYMasterFonsoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Another wasted topic. This question had more potential than either side truly gave it, but no sources were mentioned, conduct was rude and vulgar from con's first round, and it crumbled into complete irrelevance. Con truly had an easy debate had he approached it rationally. Pro, if you want a real debate of this topic, feel free to send a direct challenge.
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 3 years ago
Chrysippus
BELVYMasterFonsoTied
Reasons for voting decision: I want to vote on this, but I'm not sure I can. Neither side argued very convincingly for their position; how does the eating habits or home location of the main character have anything to do with the value of the film? What "allegorical significance" does the film have, and how does it outshine films like Casablanca or The Seventh Seal? Not a well argued debate, and leaves out so much. Looks like it was done in a hurry in a very short character limit, but that's not excuse for sloppiness. And then both debaters give up in the last round to post irrelevant quotes? Pointless. No vote awarded.