Valkrin
Shadowguynick

Shulk is Really Feeling It.

Shadowguynick
Started: 1/14/2015 Category: Funny

Valkrin

Pro

I'm interested in debating this topic.

I am on the side of Pro, meaning that Shulk is really feeling it.

First round is acceptance, rest are for debating. Best of luck.
Shadowguynick

Con

Shulk is NOT really feeling it. I accept.
Valkrin

Pro

In advance I'd like to thank opponent for accepting.

I. Evidence Shulk is Feeling It

I have linked various videos which all show Shulk saying that Shulk is feeling it.

;

However, these videos are only the first pieces of evidence.

II. Shulk is Always Feeling Something

In all of his costumes, in both the Xenoblade series, or in his appearance in SSB4, Shulk is always feeling something, whether it be an emotion or an attachment to a physical object.

In all of his costumes, he is touching some part of the clothing (well not technically, but he can still feel the textures and such). As Shulk is feeling those textures, he would be "really feeling it". This could also mean the ground, his shoes, the Monado, etc.

In terms of emotional, many people experience or "feel" emotions, and Shulk is very capable of having emotions in his games, sometimes showing confidence by his taunts of really feeling it, or some hostility toward another (his enemies in the games). Or maybe the Shulk is enraged, after seeing that the only reason people know and recognize him is because of his line in SSB4, and his Xenoblade game would not have been as widely recognized had it not been for that game.

III. "It" is vague and can refer to anything.

The word "it" is a grace to this entire debate. Shulk himself never specifies what he is feeling. Thus, he would only need to feel one thing, and the resoultion is affirmed. If Shulk somehow were unable to feel anything due to all of his nerves not working (which is impossible, as nerves control basic bodily functions, otherwise Shulk would be unable to live [1]), he would feel his lack of feelings, and be really feeling it. Even so, when he utters the sound "I'm really feeling it!" he can also feel his vocal cords vibrating as he makes the necessary sounds needed to produce an understandable string of words to make a sentence. It doesn't matter what Shulk feels. As long as Shulk feels at least one thing, he is "feeling it".

Thus, the resoultion is affirmed, and Shulk really is "feeling it".

Source:
[1] http://www.webmd.com...;
Shadowguynick

Con

1.) Shulk can never actually be feeling it

Shulk is a video game character, and cannot actually "feel" anything, due to being a product of code, and not an entity with actual emotions. Therefore he can never actually be "feeling it" due to the lack of the ability to.

Sources proving Shulk is a video game character -

http://xenoblade.wikia.com...

Note that it says that Shulk is a fictional character. Your move, I look forward to the next round.
Valkrin

Pro

In response to the fictitional character claim:

Many other fictitional characters in video games, books, or other forms of media in the physical world can each display feelings or emotions.

Examples:
"Shulk was appalled upon hearing that Shadowguynick didn't believe he was feeling it."

In an actual piece of literature:

"
Harry looked up at his uncle and felt a mixture of exasperation and amusement." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Fictitional characters, inside their respective storylines and adventures, experience and feel real things as people do, which allows for immersion. How would books, video games, and television all be if the person didn't pretend if they themselves were feeling an emotion, whether it be sadness, happiness, joy, anger, or rage? Probably extremely dull. With the allowance of feelings into the lives of fictitional characters, it allows for immersion and to allow the people playing the game to know what exactly the person is feeling. Therefore, even though Shulk was a programmed code, he was programmed to feel emotions and display those emotions for the one playing the game (or watching) to see. Just as a robot is controlled to do a certain act, Shulk (and many characters alike) were programmed to show feelings or emotion.

Therefore, he's really feeling it.

I await R3's refutation.
Shadowguynick

Con

Sir, you won me my debate. Thank you.

"Many other fictional characters in video games, books, or other forms of media in the physical world can each DISPLAY feelings or emotions."

Display is the keyword. No actual fictional character can feel, since what is actually happening is a description of what a person could feel given the same situation. However the character themselves are not actually feeling, since of course they do not actually have a conscious. Therefore they cannot make conscious decisions, therefore they cannot feel anything due to not have a response system. You can't have feelings without a response system.

Check and Mate, my good sir. I have very much enjoyed debating with you.

*tips le fedora*
Valkrin

Pro

I thank opponent for this interesting debate. While I have put up a good fight, I do believe he has won. I ask you vote for my opponent. Thank you.

As well:
http://img.pandawhale.com...

Shadowguynick

Con

As per rules of the DDO Gods, I show my opponent sincerest respect in all forms. May him, and all others like him, tip their fedoras forevermore.

*disappears in a flock of doves*
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
At the beginning I'd go Speed or Buster, when I'm high % shield or jump, when opponent is high % smash.
Posted by Shadowguynick 2 years ago
Shadowguynick
He does have the issue that switching stances is very punishable until you get fast at it.
Posted by m8 2 years ago
m8
Shulk is a pretty good fighter, once you figure out what each of those pesky colours are.
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
If I do pick up the game, I'm think of picking up Shulk (heh) as my main.
Probably the next options would be fast/mobile characters such as Little Mac, Palutena, and maybe Robin or Shiek.
Posted by Shadowguynick 2 years ago
Shadowguynick
I like it a lot. I don't actually own it, but a friend of mine (who i almost practically live with) has it, and we play all the time. I think palutena is great, but imo duck hunt dog is absurd. His projectile game is too strong :c

I can usually beat him using bowser, or R.O.B. though.
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
I saw it. I think Palutena's broken as heck if you use her fireball, missile, blink, and lightweight.
But sadly you can't use custom moves in tournaments. ;_;
Anyway, seeing as you have the fourth, how good is it?
Posted by Shadowguynick 2 years ago
Shadowguynick
Fourth is extremely good. I've played it a good bit. But idk if you saw the palutena reveal video, but in it was like a fight between link and pit (anime ish style drawing) and it gave me this awesome idea to do like a smash brothers movie, kind of like the street fighter and mortal kombat movies :D and i want to share it with all fans so, now you know to request nintendo to get to work on it!
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
Yep.
Hoping to get the fourth sometime soon.
I've tried the N64 version at a friend's, but I've owned Melee and Smash, as well as Project M.
Posted by Shadowguynick 2 years ago
Shadowguynick
I liked them. The ultimate feel was pretty funny :3

Im assuming you're also a smash fan then?
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
Did you enjoy the videos though? I figured at least someone would.
Vote Placed by RainbowDash52 2 years ago
RainbowDash52
ValkrinShadowguynickTied
Reasons for voting decision: Good arguments by Con. Conduct for good concession.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
ValkrinShadowguynickTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.