Darnell27
arocsrtep

Silent Hill is a much more terrifying experience than Resident Evil ( Revised)

Darnell27

Darnell27

Pro

This debated is simple I am out to prove that the Silent Hill franchise does a better job of scaring its players than the Resident Evil franchise does a better job of scaring its players. By accepting this argument you will be representing Resident Evil.

In this debate there is a format that I would like to go by.

The first round is consisting of Accepting the challenge and presenting an opening statement.

The second and third round are to be dedicated to provide arguments that are relevant to the topic at hand.

The fourth round is to be dedicated to Rebuttals.

The final round is to be dedicated to an closing argument.

Opening Statement.

I would like to begin this argument by generally describing the typical Silent Hill experience. You awaken presumably from a car crash or you just experience something traumatic. So you begin to wander around the area of Silent Hill or the area the specific instalment the game takes place, you wander around and you realize some very weird things are taking place. If I may refer to the original Silent Hill game since the beginning of the game was pratically copied in the Silent Hill movie.

I only say this for it may prove easier to connect with what I am saying. So back to the topic at hand The main character Harry Mason finds himself in Silent Hill after losing his daughter from here the mission to find her begins. Unarmed and without a sense of where to go you begin the journey to find your daughter. Pratically blinded by the falling ash and the general dark lighting of the game and the eerie background noise. A sense of terror begins to build. And then it delivers as you find yourself narrowly esacping the first encounter of the game and not to soon later after running trying to avoid another encounter. You find yourself trapped by a onslaught of child like creatures and you black out thinking all is lost.

This is a basic experience in a Silent Hill game later on it the debate I will address exactly the points that make this game terrifying there is alot to talk about concerning that but that's to come later on.

arocsrtep

Con

Resident Evil, as a game series is clearly the scarier of the two game series'. The insurmountable odds that you are put against in the Resident Evil series, combined with the scares instilled by the enemies of the game clearly put it out ahead
Darnell27

Pro

Darnell27 forfeited this round.
arocsrtep

Con

arocsrtep forfeited this round.
Darnell27

Pro

Darnell27 forfeited this round.
arocsrtep

Con

arocsrtep forfeited this round.
Darnell27

Pro

Darnell27 forfeited this round.
arocsrtep

Con

arocsrtep forfeited this round.
Darnell27

Pro

Darnell27 forfeited this round.
arocsrtep

Con

arocsrtep forfeited this round.
Posted by Darnell27 5 years ago
Darnell27
I should check this game out is it a P.C. platform game?
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Wait.....who am I? What the hell am I doing here? What is this?
Posted by TUF 5 years ago
TUF
Yeah amnesia is way scary
Posted by MikeyMike 5 years ago
MikeyMike
I definitely agree with joshuaXlawyer.

I have amnesia, and that game affects my mental well being very easily, and I'm a guy that can be sitting right by a bloody corpse, eating crumpets and drinking tea with no problem at all.

Not that i've actually done, said things....
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 5 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
Doesn't matter amnesia beats them both
Vote Placed by Mak-zie 5 years ago
Mak-zie
Darnell27arocsrtepTied
Reasons for voting decision: