backwardseden
Ketchup

Sin does not exist people! Don't believe on some buffoonery that the bible says! Believe in yourself

Ketchup has forfeited round #2.

backwardseden

Pro

Believe in yourself and not the corrupted totally insane babbling baby brained bible looking over your shoulder. You are far too good for that!

Sin is contradictory and hypocritical in your bible. Thus sin does not exist.
Does every man sin? Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810) No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.. (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (I John 1:8)

Matt Dillahunty "What is sin and why should I care about it? I understand why I should live an ethical life and treating people in certain ways, we have secular foundations for moral systems. But sin from the christian perspective is a crime against god or god"s nature itself - right? If god makes the rules and you violate it, that"s a sin. Well what if god makes a rule that you should kill your child, does that make it good? Caller " Yeah that"s where I do things that are not aligned in what the bible says." Matt "Yeah. But are they good things? Do you have good reasons to have that the things you are doing are not immoral? Like do you have an example? Like don"t confess to a crime or anything. For example the bible is opposed to homosexuality. Do you think there"s something immoral about those who are homosexuals?" Caller "Uh there"s none that I can think of." Matt "Yeah me neither. And so if the bible"s opposed to it add the bible is the word of god, and the Koran is opposed to it as well and the Koran is supposed to be the word of god as well, and there are two holy books and let them argue over who god is and what god thinks and until they can come up with a sound secular justification for homosexualiy being immoral then I don"t need to pay their views any money because its just an opinion at that point."

Now you go right ahead and and prove that sin exists in this world because it doesn't. You cannot even prove god exists.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
Ketchup

Con

Hi there. Perhaps the Idea of sin was developed because the Jews were one big society. God supposedly punished people for sin because the Jewish standard morals were not being kept.
backwardseden

Pro

Don't say "hi there" when you don't know what you are talking about and clearly guessing and shouldn't have taken on a debate because you are guessing and don't know what you are talking about and you thus have to invent excuses and you are a punk kid and you know it. After all you did use the word "perhaps" meaning you don't have the foggiest clue and thus you MUST invent excuses instead. Then you mention the storybook character of "god" in which you cannot even prove exists. No one can. No one has ---ever--- been able to. You only assume that he does. Bad assumption which is only based upon faith and gullibility until you can absolutely 100% test and demonstrate that in fact your god does exist. Faith is not truth. Faith is not evidence.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
Luke 12 51-53 "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

Matthew 19: 28-29 "28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."

Yep that so-called verse you came up with is 100% worthless. Indeed your christ in which you cannot even prove ever existed, proves your christ truly hates children. Jeez.
So the next time you get into an argument with someone, please at the very least DO NOT try to bluff someone and or invent excuses as you have clearly done especially if they know better as I do because I have done my research, but do some research of your own and you might actually get somewhere.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
"Some problems today might not be mentioned in the Bible because they weren't problems then. " Oh and who's here to "fix" them and or change god's laws? You can't just go around and change YOUR god's laws just because YOU want to. And besides WRONG answer...
2 Tiimothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."

Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
So absolutely no one, nobody, nothing can change god's laws. Not ever. In no way. No how. They are to stand forever. You are nothing and a worthless nobody according to YOUR bible. Live with it. Deal with it. That's one of the thousands of reasons why I am an atheist. I'm NOT going to be a prisoner of such absurd rules, laws and regulations. Especially when they come from a god that hates children. Especially when they are totally 100% absurd. Especially when nobody can even prove that this supposed god even exists.
" it says that Jesus said things like let the children come to me." How stupid are you? OK we'll let that stand. Your jesus also stated...
Matthew 10: 35-37 "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
@pi3.14 - Here's a debate of mine that's gong on entitled "There;s so much hate spewing from god in the bible so why should he exist - http://www.debate.org... which has TONS of links in which you can look up for your very own to see what a f--king bastard YOUR god truly is. And it REALLY p**ses me off that you do not know these things. See? That's the typical christian maneuver, you try to pretend you know something about nothing and yet you really have no knowledge about something pertaining to the actual subject. So what does your diatribe brain try to do? You thus MUST invent excuses and or flat out lie in order for your god to remain perfect on stilts rather than simply stuttering the famous three words "I don't know" which are terrorist words to christians such as yourself because dare you god be imperfect in which he is not?
"Also, when you say stuff like gay marriage "isn't mentioned in the Bible," that doesn't prove anything." Well actually it does. It proves that your church does not have a consensus. Because many would disagree with that and call it sacrilege or something of equal value. Not only that but remember little Kimmy Davis who thought she could take on and bring down the ENTIRE gay community of the U.S. (not just her own) and incorporate her own doctorates and not allow gay marriages because she thought the bible and god spoke to her through divine intervention? No? Check it out then. DO NOT ask me to. You have fingers and a computer and a small brain.
DO NOT ever say "We as Catholics..." because you do knot know what the other catholic is thinking or doing or what they want or how they want it. There is absolutely no consensus form catholic to catholic. None. "also believe in Sacred Tradition and things like that so that current Church leaders can clear up any misconceptions about that stuff." Ab-so-lu-te-ly 100% you/ they don't.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
@Amphia - No you don't get where I'm coming from because you couldn't have paid attention to a single word that was stated before you. So one more quote and I will be done...
"This is not just a matter of opinion. This is an entire branch of philosophy of epistemology about how we go about determining whether or not a ---claim--- is reasonably and rationally justified. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The claim that there is a god is an extraordinary claim which requires more than just pointing to an old book. That is simply NOT rational to the claim. Sorry. Its not just an opinion. There"s more to life than that." Matt Dillahunty
Posted by Amphia 3 months ago
Amphia
@backwardseden I get where you are coming from, I just radically disagree with you.
Posted by pi3.14 3 months ago
pi3.14
Backwardseden, many times you have said that God said it is okay to rape people. Can you please provide some verses and their context when God says this? Also, when the Bible says something like, "they will be put to death" sometimes that means that they will go to Hell if they don't repent. Also, when you say stuff like gay marriage "isn't mentioned in the Bible," that doesn't prove anything. We as Catholics also believe in Sacred Tradition and things like that so that current Church leaders can clear up any misconceptions about that stuff. Some problems today might not be mentioned in the Bible because they weren't problems then. Just because your parents don't tell you that you shouldn't squirt ketchup all over your room and all over the walls of the house doesn't mean it's okay; it just means that they thought you had enough knowledge to know not to do that. Also, you say that God hates children and yet in the Bible, it says that Jesus said things like let the children come to me. Please, when you claim God is so horrible, provide examples.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
Here's another Dillahunty as you were trying to justify being gay according to the bible. Now he didn't quote being gay here, but the principle is the same...
"When you start making excuses for atrocities you have removed yourself from ANY valid discussion on morals. When you say "yes the bible says you can own slaves but" well now you"re contradicting yourself because before I was asking if you thought the bible was accurately representing the mind of god, the will of god. You"ve got this conflicted mess of contradictions and you"ve found a way to rationalize them. You"ve gone and looked at them and said "boy that one really sounds bad, BUT that"s what Israel was doing that"s not what god was doing. So let me ask you this" do you believe that there"s an all knowing all powerful fun loving god who has an important message for humanity and he is so completely inept that his best attempts at communicating to people managed to convey the exact opposite message of what you think he meant? Now like are you the one who got it right? And all the people who authored the holy book and got you started that they managed to get it wrong? Is your god such a bumbling buffoon that he cannot state "thou shalt not own somebody as another human being?" or "please don"t rape the people and pillage the villages around you"" and he managed to communicate so poorly that it got written down as "Thou shalt be able to own other people as property and oh by the way go over there and kill everybody kill everything except for the young virgins." Its asinine. You cannot reconcile this." Matt Dillahunty
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
they should be should forever be chucked. They do nobody any good except for himself. And to prove things even further, notice how there's nothing geared towards children. I mean there's got---to---be. Especially in one of the 10 commandments such as "thou shalt ---always--- honor and protect children at all costs and ---never--- do unto them any harm" But no. There's absolutely nothing like that. In fact there's maybe 10 sentences, if that in god;s bloated bible where children get to laugh and sing and talk and be happy when there most assuredly MUST be more, a lot more. The bible is geared towards god's ferocious bloated ego.
Now the simple denial of god is going to send me to hell. Is that really the mark of a good god and something that is worthy of worshiping? Of course not.
See, the thing that you are forgetting is that your god, if he exists, in which there's no possible way to demonstrate this, nor test this, so why believe until these things can be accomplished because all is for naught as its all based on faith and faith is not evidence of any kind, nor is it truth because faith, well all religions are based on faith so you've proved nothing, and god could dump his ego and present himself and talk to us - now that would be evidence. "Faith is the reason people give when they don't have evidence." Matt Dillahunty.
Also think about this... your god could have started out with peace, kindness, care, love, harmony. But no. He chose evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy all i which he has freely admitted to in his bible. Jealousy? That's nothing but anger as disguised fear. Then this god neatly passed down those emotions to man so in turn man could learn to hate. Great going god! Great going for those that worship him with at least 1 billion dead all in his supposed "good" name on the battlefields alone since his inception.
Hopefully that all makes sense. Sorry if that's too much. Wow there's plenty more.
Please tc and have fun -Michael
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
and bible doesn't give a f--k (sorry if that sounds harsh, but its true) about children and hates you and them. That is correct that the bible doesn't say one word about gay marriage and I'm glad you caught that because not too many people do. But here's how things are... christ never stated one damn word about being gay nor transgender. Yet strangely christians and only christians like packs of wolves and the whooping cough are against being gay/ transgender. And they also have the $$$$$ to back them. Otherwise being gay/ transgender here in this country would fizzle like a used hamburger of pure blackened ash and those who are gay/ transgender would be able to live their lives as they see fit. And the other thing is, is there's no reason "why" christians hate gays/ transgenders in their greasy hate filled bible"s or in person other than it is what it is. Yeah. Talk about being totally 100% immoral and fickle. But then again, that's exactly what christianity and god is as god is based on hate as he hates children. Ah yes, being gay is an outlet for christians to either hate, or learn to hate and they love it in return, just as their god wants.
Why don't we all hunt down christians and give them absolutely 0% equality in the very same way that christians do not give equality to those who are gay? That would be the most religious act gays can possibly commit. But no, that would be sinking lower than the level of god who in which nobody can even prove exists. Its the printed word of followed "beliefs" without consensus on many "beliefs" that causes all this hate. And no I'm NOT gay. I'm just really sick of christians taking their undivided wrath and hate upon something in which they have no right in doing as such and in turn they'd hate it if it was done to them. Again sorry if I sound harsh.
Ok you were asking me about god's ego. That's easy. The 10 commandments are a perfect example. The first 4 are geared towards his superior bloated ego complex when
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
@Amphia - I can't help you if you can't read! Its posted in RD1 By Matt Dillahunty. So here it is again and I will probably be posting more of his quotes...

Yeah the bible says that being gay IS a sin and you should be stoned to death for it. Do you think that is just? Y___? N___? Same is true with Romans 1:27? And yet raping a 6 year old girl is perfectly fine. So here's you.... You are witnessing a 6 year old girl being raped, tortured and beaten. Then you see two men kissing. You according to your bible are supposed to call the police first on the two gay men kissing. That's how diseased and totally insane your god and bible are. And your god