philochristos
GodChoosesLife

Singing for fun

philochristos

philochristos

Pro

I challenge thee to a singing duel! We each must sing three songs, one song per round. Round 1 is for acceptance, parameters, and well-wishes. The rest of the rounds are for posting videos of us singing. Instrumentation is allowed as long as it doesn't drown out your voice, but no dubbing over your own voice, no multi-tracking, and no cloning yourself.

Voters: Since songs require artistic license, no points should be given or taken for spelling and grammar. Really, the only points that should be given or taken is argument points. Or, if one of us forfeits a round, you can reflect your dissatisfaction with the "conduct" point option.

May the odds be ever in your favor! But may they mostly be in mine. :-)

GodChoosesLife

Con

Well hello there, I accept this challenge! I wish you the very best in your performances! And let's have fun! :)
philochristos

Pro

My first song was featured on the 1980's movie, The Last Unicorn. It was written and performed by America.

Your turn!

;
GodChoosesLife

Con

Thank you for that very neat soft song! :)
Very nice!

This song is called, Great is Thy Faithfulness, and its origin is from a hymnal, but the way I sang it is from the band; Avalon.
https://www.youtube.com...
philochristos

Pro

Well done for that great rendition of "Great is Thy Faithfulness."

This next song is based on the mostly true story about a famous auctioneer named Ray Sims. According to Leroy Van Dyke, who wrote the song, the only part of the song that isn't true was that Ray Sims was from Arkansas. In reality, it was from Missouri, but Van Dyke couldn't find a word that rhymed with Missouri, so he made him from Arkansas.

This is a hard song to sing, and it took a lot of practice. There are a few mistakes, but this is a first take, so cut me some slack!

GodChoosesLife

Con

Great to Philo! That was super!! :)
Very fast too! Here is my next round.. (I've been sick so sorry for the bad performance)

https://www.youtube.com...
philochristos

Pro

Here's my last song: Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.

GodChoosesLife

Con

Great job Philo!
Here's my final round!

Mi Vida es Cristo by Sovereign Grace Music

https://www.youtube.com...
Posted by Truth_seeker 3 years ago
Truth_seeker
While philochristos made very skilled music and sang his songs beautifully, he lacked some qualities GodChoosesLife had. I enjoyed his singing and guitar playing, but as soon as he got distracted, the flow of the music stopped, killing the whole song. If he would've had better conduct during his songs, i would've voted him the winner. He also made it seem like a chore (no offense) to post his songs at the start while GodChoosesLife was focused as she sang and immersed herself into it to the end by her facial expressions and voice even though her voice was a bit shaky at some points. Good debate between both members, but i think GodChoosesLife wins this debate.
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
That was a good thorough RFD, Blade of Truth. Thank you.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
I applaud you *nonetheless, lol!!
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
RFD -
Since there were 3 rounds of video, I will allocate 2 points to the winner of each round for a total of 6 points that are to be distributed.

Round 2- Tied. I want to commend Pro for utilizing the guitar, but because this is a singing competition I will vote according only to quality of voice. 1 point goes to Christos due to the smooth nature of his voice, the lyrical content was presented extremely clear. 1 point to GCl due to the range of different tones. She went from lows to carrying highs with smooth and seemingly easy transition. Overall, her song allowed for a greater vocal range. Which was her saving grace in this round compared to the extremely clear and well presented vocals by Christos.

Round 3- GCL takes this one based solely on the fact that Christos made a few slight mistakes vocally including some stuttering and short pauses which, while understandable due to the difficult nature of the song itself, made all the difference when compared to the smooth and firm presentation of vocals done by GCL. Props to Christos though :)

Round 4- Christos. Remember, I'm not counting guitar - so the fact that your mistake was guitar based does not count against you (for me). You sang the chorus beautifully, and while GCL had a strong finish it seemed like she was struggling a tiny bit when carrying the longer notes in lower tones. The shaky nature of transition is actually what cost you points in the last round, and is ultimately what saved you in this one.

GCL, you have a voice of an angel. You will only get better as time goes on and I look forward to following your songs as you present them here on DDO :) Wonderful job.

Philo, you really surprised me with your voice. It was much smoother than I initially expected, and the surprise was enjoyable. I couldn't award points for a guitar though, but want to say that if complexity was a factor - you'd have stolen the show. That 2nd song, for me, is what cost you the most though. I applaud you none
Posted by Dennybug 3 years ago
Dennybug
Nice job gcl. proud of you. pro you did great too
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Awesome job on yours!!! Thanks.

@Rational, thank you for your honesty! I think he did a fine job! ;)
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
That last one was my favourite one. Good job, GCL!
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
You didn't think my Auctioneer song was fun???
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
send me a song and I'll try :) @PatriotPerson!
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
One of you sing a Fun. song. I'm begging you.
Vote Placed by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
philochristosGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I find it hard vote on a singing debate? Anyhoo... both chose good songs. Pro did rather well and I commend him for playing the guitar ( it is always nice to play an instrument). Con sung very well indeed. Good show!
Vote Placed by DreamSymphony00 3 years ago
DreamSymphony00
philochristosGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I felt like Con's voice was a little inconsistent at times.
Vote Placed by kimmi 3 years ago
kimmi
philochristosGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: good job both of you I think pro wow I love your work but con you also had some good choises
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
philochristosGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lol this was a fun song debate to listen to. I personally found Pro's songs more entertaining, with his guitar playing and song choice, but, to me, Con's voice is better and more soothing, and I also liked her songs' melodies slightly more, so I guess that technically makes her songs "better". Great job to both sides!
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
philochristosGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comment section :)
Vote Placed by Dennybug 3 years ago
Dennybug
philochristosGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both did a great job, I'm giving 2 points to each for Singing and song choices, And 1 extra tie-breaker to Pro, It was evenly matched but his song choices were more diverse, he was more interactive and had a guitar. However it is a singing debate so I only add 1 extra point for that reason. Again both did great and will look forward to more.
Vote Placed by Rational_Thinker9119 3 years ago
Rational_Thinker9119
philochristosGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I feel that Con's voice was good and soothing at times, but I just think that Pro had more entertaining song choices, and he made me want to listen to more (and the guitar didn't hurt). I must say it was close, but I just digged Pro's rounds slightly more.