coldplayforlife
RonanConan

Single sex schools are better for education

coldplayforlife

Pro

As a young girl who has been in single sex schools all my life, I do agree with the statement that single sex schools are better for education.

The point of going to school is to learn. As much as we all love it, we don't go to school for a social life or for friends, we go because we need to be educated to go to college and get a well paid job.

In a mixed school, I can guarantee you all the girls will have their attention fixed on the guys. Its a fact of life. I would rather concentrate on a hot guy over an algebra class, I think most girls would agree with me aswell. We would all put so much effort into our looks and how we present ourselves in front of the boys, it would be a disaster ! We need the separation to succeed at a young age.
RonanConan

Con

Hello!

I agree with your statement that the point of going to school, is indeed, to learn. We don't go to school to play or have fun either, but we need a social life, especially at school where some people spend a lot of their time there.

You also do have a very linear, monotonous view on education ("...we need to be educated to go to college and get a well paid job."), in my opinion describing it as a "mechanical" thing. You also need to enjoy your job to be good at it, and eventually the money will flow in.

I do believe that romantic situations occur in both mixed and single sex schools. Life finds a way. Also, I do not think that "It's a fact of life." that every girl on this earth will concentrate on guys, I actually think it is the opposite, guys concentrating on girls more. Of course, this varies for every country, in my opinion. Also, not every girl is going to put so much effort on how they look that it'll ruin their education.

My understanding was that you were in single sex schools all your life, so it is logical for you to agree with the statement that single sex schools are better for education.

Thank you, Pro!

TL;DR: We're built to socialize, to communicate. Enjoy your job, don't be a robot. Not all girls are mad after boys. Not all girls put much effort into their looks. Separation leads to misinformation at a later age, which is bad, at least in my opinion.
coldplayforlife

Pro

coldplayforlife forfeited this round.
RonanConan

Con

RonanConan forfeited this round.
coldplayforlife

Pro

coldplayforlife forfeited this round.
RonanConan

Con

RonanConan forfeited this round.