hugh34
emospongebob527

Ski or Snowboarding better?

Started: 10/30/2012 Category: Sports

hugh34

Pro

I snowboard and think it is much better than skiing.
emospongebob527

Con

State ya case, brah.
hugh34

Pro

Having learned to ski at a very young age (approximately 4 yrs old) and skiing all the way up until age fourteen, when I started snowboarding, I feel I have the ability to speak from experience about both of these.

First of all, I would like to bring forth the fact that snowboarders receive the complete package when buying a board, they can truly shred in any conditions on a single snowboard. Skiers have serious issues moving from off piste to groomers, and suffer in conditions like breakable crust and death cookies. I can ride the same board all mountain at the resort as I take into the backcountry for powder and spring riding.

Second, I would like to bring into question the major difference in cost between the two. A complete setup for a snowboard can be purchased brand new for around $650, while a new set of skis/bindings/boots/etc. will most likely cost over $1000.

I'm interested to hear your input on these critical pieces of the sport.
emospongebob527

Con

No evidence provided.

No evidence provided.

hugh34

Pro

hugh34 forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Con

BOP remains unfulfilled.