Flynn1999
thebestdebate

Skrillex is better at making originals then Dillon Francis.

Started: 5/13/2016 Category: Music

Flynn1999

Pro

Skrillex has a passion and a gift for writing music. He can make a great sound out of almost nothing, and he can make a song original. Dillon Francis is a great musician but he cannot succeed in making a better original then Skrillex. Dillon Francis makes the best remixes there are! Skrillex does an ok job at remixes. The song "Red Lips" by GTA, skrillex remixed and then Dillon Francis remixed his remix. In my opinion Dillon Francis's remix was better then skrillex"s! Skrillex has a great past story, the kind of story that shapes a person and their career. Dillon Francis has no story like that, he just woke up one day and decided to write dub step. They are both my favorite dub step bands, but skrillex is the best out of the two...
thebestdebate

Con

I accept this debate. I'll try to make posts but I have Prom tomorrow.
Flynn1999

Pro

My first point I would like to make is this; If skrillex is not the best at originals, then why is he selling more of his albums then Dillon Francis is selling his?
I quote "EDM cornerstone Skrillex (real name: Sonny John Moore) logs his best sales week, as his first full-length album "Recess" debuts at No. 1 on Billboard's Dance/Electronic Albums chart. It starts with 47,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The set is his second No. 1 on the chart, following his EP "Bangarang," which led for the 10 weeks in 2012. That title sold as many as 24,000 in a single frame (its first) and has moved 595,000 to date. Skrilex's two entries on Dance/Electronic Albums prior to his two No. 1s, the EPs "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" and "More Monsters and Nice Sprites," reached Nos. 3 and 5, respectively, in 2011. Notably, 87 percent of the first-week sales of "Recess" were digital: it sold 41,000 downloads, compared to 6,000 physical copies. All 11 songs from "Recess" grace the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart, led by the title cut, which soars in as the Hot Shot Debut at No. 13, Skrillex's best-ever rank on the survey; 10 tracks debut, while "Try It Out" re-enters at No. 25 after peaking at No. 19 in a 16-week chart run beginning in November. Daft Punk is the only other act to rack a double-digit title count on Hot Dance/Electronic Songs simultaneously, when all 13 cuts from "Random Access Memories" infused the June 8, 2013, chart (the week that the set debuted atop the Billboard 200 and Dance/Electronic Albums)."

Dillon Francis has his argument from the same website:

I quote "Dillon Francis enters Dance/Electronic Albums at No. 2 with his major-label debut, Money Sucks Friends Rule. The set, released on Mad Decent/Columbia, bows with 9,000 sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan, good also for a No. 40 entry on the Billboard 200. Six of Money's 12 cuts have charted on Hot Dance/Electronic Songs, including "Get Low" with DJ Snake (No. 13 peak, Francis' highest-charting single).Francis is blocked from No. 1 by Disclosure, who storms back to the top for the first time in three months with Settle (12-1). Sales of the set swelled by 1,130 percent, to 10,000 units, following deep discounting at the Google Play store (to 99 cents). Disclosure also re-enters the Billboard 200 (No. 36) and the Billboard Artist 100 (No. 72)."
So obviously the album sales carries over to my side of this argument. What's to say, people like Skrillex more!
thebestdebate

Con

thebestdebate forfeited this round.
Flynn1999

Pro

Flynn1999 forfeited this round.
thebestdebate

Con

thebestdebate forfeited this round.
Flynn1999

Pro

What a debate this turned out to be... oh well, i will try and make the most of it.

Skrillex has a heart for this business, He started young and look where he has come. He loves what he does and he lives what he does. He help kids and does lots of charity work. He also spends more time on his songs then Dillon Francis. IF you have noticed with these two artists, Dillon releases an album every other month, Skrillex releases about every 6 months. There are plenty of dub step artists out there like deadmou5, Knife Party, Diplo, Pegboard Nerds and La Castle Vania. There only a few really good dub step artists out there, so Skrillex has a lot on his plate when he writes and plays his songs. He can handle the publicity and the stress of being on the top 5 best artists in electronic music history. Dillon Francis however can only scratch the surface of what Skrillex has going for him. Thank you
thebestdebate

Con

thebestdebate forfeited this round.
Posted by thebestdebate 1 year ago
thebestdebate
I'm sorry for forfeiting most of this debate. We should have it another time.
Posted by Flynn1999 1 year ago
Flynn1999
Sorry i was busy, I am ready when you are to debate.
Posted by Flynn1999 1 year ago
Flynn1999
Here is the web address btw http://www.billboard.com...
Posted by thebestdebate 1 year ago
thebestdebate
Than Dillion Francis?????? Awe hell nah.