MattHarrison
TheGamer1998

Skrillex is real music.

Started: 5/28/2013 Category: Arts

MattHarrison

Con

Somewhat of a serious debate, wether Skrillex is real music or not. I personally think it sounds like a dishwasher fornicating with a garbage disposal and 5 air conditioners, but others think differently. Anyway, no real rules, just talk and try to stay on topic. If you go off topic it must be funny. A good sense of humor about yourself is needed for this debate. Take as many shots as me and my profile pic as you would like. I also sing, have a band, and enjoy eating. Have fun.
TheGamer1998

Pro

I accept your debate, Skrillex is real music, go to grooveshark.com and search up Skrillex, he goes out there and has a couple songs from other bands, with permission mind you, dubstepped a coupe of their songs. One song, including E.T. By: Katy Perry, has been dubstepped by him. He does so many songs, you need to listen and pay attention to the rythm rather than the sound.
MattHarrison

Con

Excellent points Mr. 1998.

Because some of your favorite books are in the Harry Potter series, I would like to make a connection to that. From my point of view, which stands in the Classic Rock section, I see a man dressed in black that says he is evil, has part of his head shaved off, has really creepy followers, and everyone in their right senses avoids him. This much reminds me of the one whose name must not be mentioned. (A.K.A. Voldemort). That is right, Skrillex is Lord Voldemort in our society, Simon Cowell is the v-neck sporting Dumbledore, and (insert any artist that does not go by the name of Ke$ha here) is Harry Potter.

To follow that awful work of figurative language, I will provide some imagery. When you watch any other concert besides dub step, you see a lead singer, possibly some guitarists, a bass, and a drummer. In a dub step concert, you see the scariest looking motherf*cker you have ever seen dance like a white man behind his MacBook Pro. This guy usually has gauges, piercings, SHAVED HEADS, a mouse head, fingerless gloves, and about fifty bracelets. It is also assumed that he smells terrible. First of all, what groupie would want to be with that? As we all know this is the first test of a real musician, sleeping with all the groupies you possibly can. One yes the fails.

Skrillex, unlike every other person ever to make it in the music industry, lacks a talent. This man has no talent. Trust me, I am not saying everyone in the business is talented (E.G. Brian Johnson, ACDC) However those people know a better skill. People like Brian Johnson know how to entertain without being good. This is even more difficult to master than actually learning a skill. Bringing this back, Skrillex has no talent for anything. He orders the computer to make sound, presses play, and plays minesweeper while bouncing to make him look not half-asleep.

I beg you, listen to Pink Floyd, Guns and Roses, Aerosmith, ACDC, Def Leppard, or anything else so this dub step fad can die.
TheGamer1998

Pro

You have read my information wrong, one of my favorite movie series is Harry Potter, not books, books are different, and he does not always wear black, but if you go to one of his concerts, you will understand why people like him, he is famous, not evil. You are starting to sound evil yourself, though I do not believe that you are. I believe in many things, including the rhythm of music, I like many genres, Skrillex happening to be one of them. You should listen to the rhythm he uses rather than what you actually hear. And please call me Gamer, not Mr. 1998. I would rather listen to Skrillex than country. My mother will play country in her car all the time and after a while, it gets annoying. Skrillex has a lot of fans, many being women. I would like to point that people have their own opinions on music, yours being that Skrillex is not good with music. Mine is different, I listen to more music than I really should, I even listen to it on full volume on my phone.
MattHarrison

Con

I agree with you, country is not the most favorable type of music, by any means. However, you broke the rules of this debate, you went off topic and it wasn't funny.

Nonetheless, we will continue to debate because it greatly amuses me.

First, have you ever seen the women who like Skrillex? Most usually have strange piercings, awkwardly short and dyed hair, or gauges. These simply do not count.

Out of complete disregard of your wishes, I will continue to call you Mr. 1998 out of a sort of condescending tone that I have developed throughout this debate, Mr. 1998.

What do you mean do not listen to what you hear and listen to the rhythm? Isn't the rhythm exactly what I am hearing? Should I completely disregard the harmony, and melody? Do you know what these words mean?

Lastly, I would like to congratulate Pro. Pro is soooooo cool, that he listens to more Skrillex than he should on his phone at FULL VOLUME. Rock on Pro keep listening to Skrillex at full volume.
TheGamer1998

Pro

TheGamer1998 forfeited this round.
MattHarrison

Con

Mr. 1998 sucks because he forfeit. Skrillex isn't real music, because he gets no groupies, he has not skill, and he has gauges. Ear piercings are really the farthest one can go (nipple piercings are for those rockers who have gone over the edge) but gauges are just awful. What is really the purpose? So people can finally see that you clean behind your ears? Keep listening to too much dubstep at full volume on your iPhone Mr. 1998. Even though it is the result of a dryer on tumble dry attacking thousands of cicadas.
TheGamer1998

Pro

Excuse me but I haven't been on in a while, Skrillex is real music, you pay attention to what is heard rather than going deeper and listening to the rhythm and style. And call me Gamer if you please. I am not married nor in a relationsip, I am not an adult, I am 14. I listen to Skrillex everyday, everyone has opinions but you shouldn't have named this "Skrillex Is Real Music" That shows that you are saying he is. You would've wanted to say "Skrillex isn't real music" for the title of the debate. You aren't very bright if you think this. I bet that more people listen to Skrillex than classical. Classical is what sucks. I would have enjoyed this debate better if I would get alerted on my phone. I thank my opponent for debating with me. I am sure that most people will think this debate was useless and this has been the first debate I never responded to in any of the rounds. Thank you for this waste of time. Skrillex is music, dubstep music.