newknight48
thatoneguyyouonceknew

Skyrim is a much better game than morrowind

Started: 4/13/2015 Category: Games

newknight48

Pro

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim has a better game engine that allows it to have massively superior graphics and AI.

It also has extensive amounts of mod support on PC which can further greatly improve its graphics to levels far beyond Morrowind.

In skyrim when you talk to NPCS they don't awkwardly shift their heads to you and stare at you as the camera zooms in while the world freezes in time.

Nostalgia has a large influence on people who say it is a superior game.
thatoneguyyouonceknew

Con

Pro Argues that Skyrim is a much better game than Morrowind. It is impossible to judge two games in a vaccum. That is to say, nostalgia is a legitimate reason to like a game. Without Morrowind, Skyrim could never have come to pass. The concept and gameplay of these two games are very similar. Also, it is not fair to judge the game by their graphics. The two games were created nine years apart! When I play Skyrim on a 9 year old television, it doesn't look as good either. Although Skyrim is a good continuation of the Elder Scrolls games, it is not a "much better game than Morrowind."
newknight48

Pro

Lol ok you win I don't think this website seriously anyway. A game being "better" is all subjective and I'am well aware of that. I just get butt hurt when people go on about morrowind being the best elder scrolls game
thatoneguyyouonceknew

Con

I don't care either. In fact, I've never played Morrowind. I'm just doing this for my first debates so I can vote. How about we just write random stuff for the last rounds?
newknight48

Pro

newknight48 forfeited this round.
thatoneguyyouonceknew

Con

Debate is over. vote Con
Posted by n7 2 years ago
n7
What about skywind (morrowind port to skyrim)? Which would be superior then?
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
It's a grandfather clause to be honest. The question comes down this: could Elder Scrolls V exist if not for it's predecessors? Is the original Mario the worst Mario game? Comes down to how much you think it's improved.
Posted by The_Inquisitor 2 years ago
The_Inquisitor
If only it was skyrim vs dragon age inquisition... Setting up lawn chair to watch.