eggsy979
crapturret94

Skyrim was the best game of 2011

Started: 1/24/2012 Category: Technology

eggsy979

Pro

In this debate I will try to justify that Skyrim was the best game of 2011. I will use information from reliable sites, and try to be fair in my opinions. i thank you in advance for accepting my debate.
crapturret94

Con

While I agree that Skyrim is a great game, worthy of being included in the top 5 or so games of 2011, it's difficult to argue that it was the best game of last year.
The game world is open, the choices are vast, and the gameplay is fun and varied, but it has its problems. It's filled with bugs, for a start. Say all you want about the level of immersion in the game, but when you see NPCs stuck in the ground or hovering in the air, it takes one right out of the game. Speaking of immersion, every character stares at you in the eyes with a cold, stony expression when they talk to you, and even may utter the same line multiple times in the space of a few seconds.
Arguably the biggest problem with Skyrim is spending an hour exploring a cave or dungeon, only to meet a superpowered boss creature at the end, and, having used up every health potion, etc. earlier on, having no choice but to turn and exit the place or reload an earlier save and give up after all that time because there's just no way to defeat such a difficult boss. This is a problem with a number of non-linear RPGs, not just Skyrim, but it's a problem nonetheless.
Try not to focus solely on the block of games released late in the year. Instead, remember earlier titles like Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, and Pokemon Black/White, all excellent examples of their respective genres. These are the games which are more deserving of the title of Game of the Year, as they have fewer problems and are arguably more fun than Skyrim.
I'm not saying Skyrim isn't a great game, but there were at least one or two games in 2011 whose better structure and lack of bugs made them more fun to play.
eggsy979

Pro

eggsy979 forfeited this round.
crapturret94

Con

crapturret94 forfeited this round.
eggsy979

Pro

eggsy979 forfeited this round.
crapturret94

Con

crapturret94 forfeited this round.
eggsy979

Pro

eggsy979 forfeited this round.
crapturret94

Con

crapturret94 forfeited this round.
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
sorar3
lol!