ChevySdyme99
Staerkel

Slavery was detrimental to American Society

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

ChevySdyme99

Pro

The advent of African slavery has been black eye for America. When conquered by a competing tribe, African tribesmen were sold by their own countrymen to Captains of White American agriculture and industry, and ever since the white American worker has been paying the price. Whether it was dealing with a slave revolt at Harpers Fairy led by abolitionist John Brown or having to avoid certain neighborhoods due to rampant crime, bringing slaves to America is the ultimate source of our problem. Had we not brought slaves to America, completely ridiculous programs such as Affirmative Action would not be in place. My son who has achieved high scores all throughout school and was a stellar young citizen should not be denied acceptance to a University just because some poor dumb black kid can be accepted so the University may be seen as "more diverse." And tell me why does this naive liberal American public want to wage such an intense war on "profiling"? If the police pull you over and you have committed no offense, why is the color of your skin such an important issue? We all know that the only reason why the race card is ever used is when some black offender has a dime bag on him and thinks it is his or her way out of an arrest. Look I'm not saying that I hate black people. I'm just saying that educated white men are better. Why do we have a black history month when modern Ebonics are absolutely ruining the English language? I go to the DMV now and the black teller seems to be speaking in some foreign language that seems vaguely familiar but I can't concentrate on the enunciation because the absurd hair weave with or without corn rows, the 8 inch long acrylic nails and the gold teeth are throwing me off. And all of this is in my country due to their own tribesman selling their own kind into slavery. Yes theirs is a rich culture indeed, filled with loin cloths, betrayal and AIDS. Even now, with a black man as leader of this free country, descendants of African slaves still think that they don't have every opportunity that white children have, as if they are owed something. How about you take a hint from these hard working white children and put your nose to the books and somewhat attempt to educate yourselves. Even our President, who hides behind his title and takes credit for the strength of the white American worker, can't seem to handle simple mathematics. We are indebted trillions of dollars yet he wants to increase government spending. We are dealing with real money here, not coconut dollars "Mr. President." Look I can write you arbitrary facts and tell you about the plight of the white American worker all day but the fact remains we should have left those America bound slaves right where we found them... in their feces filled mud huts hoping not to be sold by one of their own countrymen.
Staerkel

Con

I will ignore the fact that my opponents arguments are inherently racist and xenophobic.

However i will address his main point. "We would not have crime and poverty if African Americans were never brought to America." However this statement is false.

Ask yourself "Do we have Asians in America? The answer, yes we do.

Were they enslaved by us? No they were not.

But they still managed to make it here and integrate into our modern day culture. Are Africans any different? Of course not. America isn't multicultural mostly because of slavery. America is multicultural because America offers hope, change and endless freedom that attract all kinds of people.

Now onto my next point.

My opponent claims he is not racist. However he states that "I'm not saying that I hate black people. I'm just saying that educated white men are better." Is that really not racism at work? Feeling that a certain race is inferior to you is quite racist in our modern mind-set. My opponent also states that, "We should have left those America bound slaves right where we found them... in their feces filled mud huts" My opponent motives are obviously inspired by ignorance and racism, however i will set hat aside from now.

White people (believe it or not) also commit crimes or are in poverty. Saying that only one race contributes to that is extremely and willfully ignorant. My opponent bears no statistics or evidence claiming that ALL crimes are committed by African Americans and that they are the only ones below the poverty line.

I give it back to the pro.
ChevySdyme99

Pro

Before my opponent had challenged me to this debate, I wish he had at least read the title.

The title is Slavery was detrimental to American society in which my examples primarily focused on the African American Race. My opponent used Asians as an example of a group that so graciously came to this Country and started reaping its many benefits. This is an untrue statement. Once again we are dealing with a group of people whose Monarch leadership sold Chinamen to America so we could rapidly expand our empire westward with our railroad that was to be constructed by slave labor primarily Chinamen. Now we have these Asian groups coming to America and using pro minority programs to receive education and take it back to their communist homeland.

Now we can look back in history and cite other examples of slavery being a common denominator of not only social but economic downfall. Just look at the ancient civilization of Egypt. The Jews were enslaved for thousands of years and what did they get out of it? Locusts, water that turned to blood and a plague that killed the first born son of every Egyptian family.

Jews built Pyramids, Blacks picked cotton. Weaker service means weaker race.

My opponent questions my racism, which has nothing to do with the debate. I have stated historical facts and religious events and given plenty of facts so my bias should not be a concern. I did not hear one shred of evidence so lets see what kind of ridiculous statistics he can fake for his rebuttal.
Staerkel

Con

My opponent first argues that the case is about African Americans and my "Asian" argument is not topical. However if you read it, i justify that even without slavery, immigrants would still eventually have flocked to America. My opponent tries to use fallacious attacks and vaguely states how i have no evidence. So he must have some pretty hard core evidence,right? Well one would only assume. Lets take a look at his first piece of evidence.

"Now we can look back in history and cite other examples of slavery being a common denominator of not only social but economic downfall. Just look at the ancient civilization of Egypt. The Jews were enslaved for thousands of years and what did they get out of it? Locusts, water that turned to blood and a plague that killed the first born son of every Egyptian family."

Not everyone takes in to account evidence from the bible, so your argument is unjustifiable.

"Jews built Pyramids, Blacks picked cotton. Weaker service means weaker race."

I shouldn't have to pick this one apart but the overwhelming bigotry and ignorance just makes me complied to. My opponent is stating that since Jewish ancestors built pyramids, they are in turn superior to Africans who picked cotton.

First of all Egypt is located...Duh-Nuh-nuh-nuh! In Africa! Jews were not the only "Race" that built the pyramids! Africans had a hand in it to. So even if we took that argument into account (Which we should never because of the fallacy of it) It would contradict his statement that

"My opponent questions my racism, which has nothing to do with the debate. I have stated historical facts and religious events and given plenty of facts so my bias should not be a concern. I did not hear one shred of evidence so lets see what kind of ridiculous statistics he can fake for his rebuttal."

Really? Nothing to do with the debate? It is what inspires your insipid attacks towards African Americans. Just read the freaking case! Also, where the f*** were your so called historical facts?! The only evidence you gave was scripture from the bible, which again is not universally accountable! Not everyone is christian! and seeing how religion has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this debate you are completely off the topic at hand.

I give it to the Pro.
ChevySdyme99

Pro

I feel like my opponents arguments are pulling us off topic. My topic was slavery being a detriment to American society and I feel as if we have digressed from the argument and my opponent needs to stay on point.

I will no longer post about about Jews in Egypt or any other country I don't give a crap about but let the record show I am in fact an atheist and quoted the bible to make you religious zealots feel a little better.

Back to the Issue. Anyone who does not agree that if slaves, and in this instance black slaves, are now contributing to the massive amount of crime, most of our money going to blacks on welfare and bull crap programs made for blacks so they can feel better about how they have been "wronged".

First of all let me address the crime. 2/3 of all violent crimes committed are perpetrated by blacks. So is my opponent saying there would still be the same amount of crime if blacks weren't here at all?

Second the welfare. 70 % of all welfare recipients are black. They are economic vampire sucking the money out of the upper class white AND black families.

Third these affirmative action programs are absolute bull. None of the African Americans here today can claim any wrong done to them by slavery. I'm not arguing civil rights but slavery in specific. Why should you get special programs if you are "equal"

Third since I am advocating that slavery was in fact bad does that mean that my opponent views slavery as good. Do you agree that people should be owned as property. I sure don't. I just think that if we had just left them in there flea covered lion infested country we would be better off as a society instead I have to deal with a bunch of money sucking violent ingrates who wouldn't know culture or working for the greater good if it came up and sat on their head. All blacks today see is an easy way out with pulling the race card and these programs allowing opportunities that shouldn't be theirs if they are given due to the color of their skin and not the content of their character.
Staerkel

Con

All of arguments have gone conceded.

My opponent provides absolutely no evidence for his vicious claims such as
"2/3 of all violent crimes committed are perpetrated by blacks."
"70 % of all welfare recipients are black. They are economic vampire sucking the money out of the upper class white AND black families."

Moving on, my opponent goes on to state that:
"I'm not arguing civil rights but slavery in specific. Why should you get special programs if you are "equal" "
There are white people, Asian and Mexicans who also use welfare. Second of all welfare isn't specific to African Americans. Therefore your argument is poorly thought out and false, yet again.

Your not against slavery because you think it's immoral you are against it because you are against the idea of integration and diversity. You can try to say whatever you want but this case is inspired by your hatred towards black people and you just continue to prove my point without even realizing it.

And the thing is, i don't even need the statistics you demand but can't show yourself. Because my arguments aren't based on false and derogatory claims. I am using logic, something you lack.

Even though Slavery was immoral the result in our cultures mixing is not a negative one. Keep in mind that my opponent hates slavery because he hates the idea of equal opportunity and diversity. And even though slavery was a cruel act. The mixing of our cultures is something that should never be taken for granted.

It is for these reasons i must negate this resolution.
Posted by ChevySdyme99 6 years ago
ChevySdyme99
Cliff i am glad someone picked up on it. I thought there would be more people that would. That is how i wanted the debate to be viewed as.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
"the fact remains we should have left those America bound slaves right where we found them... in their feces filled mud huts hoping not to be sold by one of their own countrymen."

On an ironic note, Con was supposed to be arguing for slavery,ie., we were right in taking the slaves out of the mud hits.
Posted by Staerkel 6 years ago
Staerkel
I was astonished to see you had more votes than me. So i had to see what i did wrong. Turns out your friends voted for you. So if you win this it wasn't based on intelligence.
Posted by Staerkel 6 years ago
Staerkel
Hey guys just wanted to point out in my case i specifically said I'm not using evidence based arguments and that my case was based philosophical standpoints. Also this guy made attacks that require evidence but never cited sources. He is a moron.
Posted by ChevySdyme99 6 years ago
ChevySdyme99
Just want to point out how this guy did not make an argument. Most of his "argument" is just calling me a racist. He says I don't have proof of any of these facts that I post...what facts did he bring to the table? None, this guy is an idiot.
Vote Placed by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
ChevySdyme99StaerkelTied
Reasons for voting decision: If you want my full ballot then message me. For Some reason I can't post a long ballot. but Basically: CON wasn't rasist and no txt wall.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
ChevySdyme99StaerkelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not even argue the resolution which was argued in a fairly clever way by Pro. Instead Con went on a rant which actually supported Pro's argument.
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
ChevySdyme99StaerkelTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Look I'm not saying that I hate black people." - LoL Anyway, the arguments were poor, did not really address any of Con's counter arguments, and the format and grammar where pretty bad.
Vote Placed by socialpinko 6 years ago
socialpinko
ChevySdyme99StaerkelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro simply made racist and xenophobic arguments that made me shutter thinking that there are still people like him. Sources go to Con as Pro was instigator of this debate, brought alleged facts to the debate but did not back them up with sources. Arguments also go to Con as Pro's weak arguments went refuted.
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 6 years ago
BlackVoid
ChevySdyme99StaerkelTied
Reasons for voting decision: So pro completely drops slavery uniqueness, meaning that blacks would have gotten here through immigration anyway. He also gives no sources for his "facts", comes off as a clear racist, and...wtf is with the Jews and pyramids? I'm also giving grammar to con for the giant wall o' text in round 1.
Vote Placed by IamZero 6 years ago
IamZero
ChevySdyme99StaerkelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, your arguement had nothing to do with the subject. It was horrible
Vote Placed by Barrbarian 6 years ago
Barrbarian
ChevySdyme99StaerkelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Valid, spine-tingling points. Riveting argument. Kudos to you, sir, for knowing your stance and presenting it in a direct, poignant manner without digression except to shut down the ignorance of your Contender.