Small Federal Government.

Im arguing for a small federal government, it is what the founding fathers intended, im not talking about anarchy, im talking about a free society, where your property is yours and the government should respect that unless they follow the constitution fully. A government entirely base off of the constitution, allow free use of firearms and purchasing or things that the government has put laws against using. Currently there are 300,000 regulations on the federal level, as well as 4500 laws. Known as Overcriminalization, many of these laws are poorly written, many more not being constitutional. I believe that the FBI should be abolished and the states should handle there own problems, the the federal reserve should be abolished, and that President Barack Obama be impeached for his unwillingness to follow the constitution, for his ignorance of the procedures of the Executive branch, and his signing of bills entirely unconstitutional, this country spends 5 Billion dollars a day, 3.8 of that borrowed. There is consequences to spending that much money, and the consequences are, a failing government, a collapsed economy, no money to fund any sort of military. In light of these I would like any and all to debate my ideals, no profain language, no vulgarness, racism and the such, please I want to have a fullhearted debate.

First and foremost, I would like to thank my opponent for inviting to such a crucial topic. It’s actually one of the biggest trend, in terms of debates which has taken quite a remarkable ride on the political spectrum.

The constitution of the United States is some-what a ’bad model’ and should not be used in the current age.

The constitution was created in 1787! You can’t expect an extremely old idea, to work on a totally different era. It’s like experimenting with my Blackberry charger, to see if it charges on my iPhone. It’s not going to happen.

You’ve stated that you’re arguing for a small federal government, but does that really make a difference if the government is big or small? Yes, but very little. The United States is widely known for it’s Government and their three famous branches: Legislative, Executive and Judiciary. If there’s very little governance in each of those branches, then nothing would work to it’s full capacity & quiet frankly, the country would go through a depression.

In a small federal government, you’re ability to exchange ideas are shortened. You’re ability to lay the ground work is limited. In contrast to a bigger government, you’ll have access to more resources in a short amount of time.

What’s your definition of free society?
“A free society is a society where people shall have the right to exercise unlimited freedom in their own lives, freedom to live in whatever manner they choose, freedom to pursue their own goals, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal rights of others to do the same”.

We’ve gone passed that stage and beyond. We’re not China, as we don’t block websites by not allowing the citizens to access information which may be crucial to them. It’s called ‘Internet censorship’, almost the portrays the same way as the ‘freedom of speech’ which we also have in this country.

The government has the right to protect your ‘property’. This doesn’t mean that it’s an invasion of privacy, by breaking into your home, or installing a digital spy camera in your bedroom. It simply means that, they have a basic duty to safeguard your house through 'HOI' - Homeowner's insurance, which includes personal insurance protection, liability insurance for accidents that may happen at the home. You think the government has no respect in that area? Well, their not here to show respect, they're here to protect you with excellent service. 'Respect' is not the word, it's Honor.

Moving on to Barack Obama. It's disingenuous to shift blame in a drastic nature. Lets look at the numbers carefully. Obama came into office "with a $1.3 trillion deficit before he had passed any law. In other words, he came into office with $8 trillion worth of debt over the next decade.

That being said, he has done many things in order to 'minimise the 'effect' that were caused by the republicans. Here's a short list: (You may read the one's that I've highlighted to save time) because those are the important bits.
  • Saved the collapse of the American automotive industry by making GM restructure before bailing them out, and putting incentive money to help the industry.
  • Signed order to close the prisoner "torture camp" at Guantanamo Bay (Free Society as you call it)
  • Created the "Cash for clunkers" program that offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars to help stimulate auto sales, save energy, and help the environment.
  • Donated his $1.4 million Nobel Prize to nonprofit organizations.
  • Helped reverse a downward spiral of the stock market. On January 19, 2009, the last day of President Bush's presidency, the Dow closed at 8,218.22. In February 2010, the Dow closed at 10,309.24
  • Also captured Osama Bin Laden.

You said Barack Obama should "be impeached for his unwillingness to follow the constitution". If any president at this 'time' uses the constitution as a guidance to run his/her country, then our level communication will go back to how it was back in the 18th century, which is riding on horses.

I'm surprised my opponent thinks that we're 'not' living a free society, and therefore, I would like to know what his definition of 'free society' actually is. Thank you.

Well firstly i'm going to address your argument that seamed prominent in your argument, that being the constitution is old, worn out and should not be used as a guideline anymore for the president. Here are my 2 responses to this;

1. How did America go from 13 small colonies to the single most powerful country in the world? Because people knew that in America their rights would be respected by the government, because of the bill of rights, because of this millions upon millions of foreign born nationals have flooded into the United States. Because the constitution was designed with safeguards so these citizens would have a chance to live freely without any communist, socialist fascist government breathing down their backs.

2. Under your thinking, that the constitution is old and shouldn't be used anymore, then what do we have to limit the government? Without following the constitution with strict precision our government will spiral out of control, like China, like North Korea, there needs to be boundaries and if the constitution is ignored those boundaries don't exist anymore. You where talking about how we have the freedom of speech. Turns out that freedom is written into the constitution, if the Constitution shouldn't be used anymore then the freedom is also old and worn out and shouldn't be protected. So your somewhat contradicting yourself when you say that we shouldn't use the constitution as a guideline and yet say that we should have the freedom of speech. Under your ideology then, the government should be allowed to take away our freedoms whenever they want, do you think this country went from nothing to the most powerful in the world because of luck? America used to stand as a symbol of liberty to the oppressed world, the only reason we got to where we are today, is because of the constitution.

Moving on, i'm going to address your points on how Obama was handed this mess and how he has done a lot to help this country. I'm going to also address these arguments in 1 major point;

1. What has Obama really done to help this country? So far all of his jobs programs have failed, hes brought us $5,000,000,000,000 more in debt that we where when he started, he took a mess that was in the toilet and essentially flushed the toilet. He went to war with Libya, has not fulfilled his promises to bring the troops home, hasn't actually closed Guantanamo bay, signed a vague bill known as the NDAA which allows him and the military to detain any U.S Citizen suspected of terrorism indefinitely without trial. Yet the bill didn't actually define who the terrorist is so for all we know it could be anyone the government says is a terrorist. So far he hasn't followed the constitution, which is pretty much the duty of every single president.

If we shouldn't follow the constitution, then what should we follow? What your proposing is that the government be allowed to do anything without boundaries. Is that the society that you want to live in? Where the government can do anything? Its time we limit the government, make it smaller firstly, because we as a country cannot keep borrowing money to stay alive, the U.S government spends $5 billion a day, 3.8 of that being borrowed. Obviously, starting another war is minimizing the affect with the republicans...

You say were not china as we don't block internet websites, but let me remind you that very recently two pieces of legislation almost passed through congress, those being the bills SOPA and PIPA. We where this close to letting the government control the internet. That is what happens when the government doesn't follow the constitution. The constitution itself may be old but its fundamentals, its ideals are still useful and needed.

You asked for a definition of a free society, well here is what I think a free society should look like;

People should have the right to their own property, without being coerced into being searched by police officers, without having government agents abusing their powers to search for things, that are not specifically stated in a warrant. A free society where you can start a business without having to get a licence. Where you can sell things without the government knowing, where you can have free trade. I believe in a society where the government's power is limited so you can do what you want where you want when you want, as long as it does not violate the property of others. Pretty much the definition you posted.

Not following the constitution like you suggested is preposterous. Say good bye to a free thriving society.

My opponent is wrong in number of occasions. :|

Our constitution is lacking. It needs swift amendment, or we’ll fail to compete with other nations. How did America go from 13 small colonies to the single most powerful country in the world? It’s not due to the constitution that’s for sure. Just look at other countries. Dubai is highly respected around the globe, and it’s not because of ‘constituted permanent laws’, it’s because of their will to thrive in a very competitive environment. The education, healthcare, electricity is all ‘free’ un-like America where the cost for education is doubling every 4 – 5 years.

You’ve said So far all of his jobs programs have failed, hes brought us $5,000,000,000,000 more in debt that we where when he started”. That’s a false statistic. These are Sean Hannity’s arguments if I may say so. He’s created thousands of jobs, in just about every sector. If you’re looking for a full evaluation of what kind of jobs was created, and how many were created, then go to the official website for the White House. I’m not trying to defend Barack Obama, as I’m an Independent, but I have the right to point out the facts.

In order to compete effectively, you’ll need a constitution that would futuristically function in 100 – 200 years’ time. Take Dubai’s constitution for example:

Part Three: Freedom, Rights and Public Duties

1. Article 25 — All persons are equal before the law, without distinction between citizens of the Union in regard to race, nationality, religious belief or social status.
    2. Personal liberty is guaranteed; no person may be arrested, searched, detained or imprisoned except in accordance with the provisions of law
    3. Article 28 — penalty is personal; an accused shall be innocent until proven guilty
    4. Article 29 — freedom of movement is guaranteed, within limits of the law
    5. Article 30 — freedom of expression is guaranteed, within limits of the law
    6. Article 32 — freedom to exercise religious worship is guaranteed in accordance with established customs and provided it does not conflict with public policy or violate public morals
    7. Article 33 — freedom of assembly is guaranteed, within limits of the law.

You’re not even allowed to build Mosques in America. They’re making laws to destroy these buildings and no matter how hard the opposition fight, they’ll still be ignored.

It’s absurd! The constitution of the United States needs an upgrade. On round three, I’ll layout precise examples on specific areas of the constitution which I believe is ruining our country.

Pro forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited. Vote for Con :)
Posted by 4 years ago
Hey Photographer, I sincerely apologize for forfeiting the round ive been gone for the last week at a Debate tournament in Oregon. I didnt have any time to get on my computer, whatever, I will give the round to you :P.