Shrek_sDrecKid
ScrinTech

Smash 4 (Wii U) Is Better Than Melee

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner
Started: 3/4/2015 Category: Games

Shrek_sDrecKid

Pro

Description

I am challenging any Smash fan to debate with me on which game is better - Super Smash Bros. Melee or Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. If you have the criteria and ranking, as well as being a fan of the Smash franchise and played at least one of the two games being debated, then you are welcome to accept. Before I go on to the rules, let me clarify what this debate is about. Smash has always been a popular fighting franchise among Nintendo and non-Nintendo fans alike, and many have debated over which is the best. Some say Melee, others say Brawl, yet few actually say Smash 4. Since Melee and Brawl have been debated many times, I want to start things fresh by deciding if Melee is better or worse than the newest installment. Is Melee better for the physics, gravity, speed, and mechanics; or is Smash 4 (Wii U, not the 3DS one - that version sucks) for the graphics, content, online, roster, and improvements?

Rules/Criteria

First round is for acceptance and an introduction. It does not have to be long and should not reveal too much about what you want to argue. A brief paragraph is enough for it. Provide a thesis, arguments, and other stuff needed for an introduction. Second round is for the main arguments, while the third round is for rebuttals and additional arguments. Fourth round should only have rebuttals and conclusion - no new arguments are to be made. Forfeiting, trolling, or any inappropriate behavior of any kind is not tolerated and will result in me winning automatically. Make sure that you follow these rules and match the criteria before you accept. Though I have made it possible to accept, you will still need to nominate yourself as a candidate in the comments. I will be checking your profile, ranking, and debates to see if you further qualify to prevent this from being a troll debate. Please also PM me if you feel that you should be chosen as my opponent.
ScrinTech

Con

I accept,

Its fun to debate about games, I find myself doing that sometimes and coming up with ridiculous conclusions. Nevertheless debating about a game I've never played in my life will be a challenge. I do however know enough about Melee to say that it is a better game than SSB4(IV) There are numerous ways you can improve a fighting game: Adding new techniques, Generating new combos, and re-balancing. From some of my knowledge of SSB4 I wasn't that impressed, and since Melee is known as possibly "The Greatest Smash Game of all time" I had no choice but to take up this debate.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Pro

Shrek_sDrecKid forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Con

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Pro

Shrek_sDrecKid forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Con

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Pro

Shrek_sDrecKid forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Con

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 1 year ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
Damn! I had no time to debate! I'll make it up by posting in the later rounds. I don't even use this site this often anyways...
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 1 year ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
I don't have time now but I'll still post it...
Posted by Valkrin 1 year ago
Valkrin
I may accept this. But I'd need more time.
Posted by Blacksaremonkeys 1 year ago
Blacksaremonkeys
Get Gud