yay842
emil1

Smashing TVs are fun.

emil1
Started: 9/6/2013 Category: TV

yay842

Pro

I think smashing TVs are fun. I will give reasons why.
emil1

Con

I don't think that smashing TV's are fun. I'll give the reasons why in the next 2 arguments
yay842

Pro

Why smashing TVs are fun.
1. Smashing TVs can relieve stress.
2. Smashing TVs boosts adrenaline.
3. Smashing TVs is also a good form of workout by exercising your arms.
4. Smashing TVs are fun because it makes you feel energetic.
5. Proving how strong you are to your friends by smashing a TV can make feel better.
6. Do you want to smash TVs?
emil1

Con

Smashing TVs are not fun....

1) Can lead to injuries to the person smashing the TV or to somebody near the incident (by broken glass etc.)

2) TVs are expensive to replace ( they can cost over $600 to replace or buy a new one)

3) Why spend money to but a TV and then smash for exercising your arms will you could go exercise ona gym for a membership fee starting from $20.

4) As pro has said: Proving how strong you are to your friends by smashing a TV can make feel better. Why can't you have a arm wrestle or fight with one another or by lifting heavy weigths to prove you are strong.

5) As pro has said: Smashing TVs can relieve stress.
TVs cannot relieve stress. It will add more stress to find money to but a new TV to smash it again.

All pro arguments are not good arguments to show why smahing TVs are fun.

yay842

Pro

I will not give reasons for my six bullet points. This debate was whether TVs are fun or not, not the fact that people could get injured or cost of TVs.

1. Smashing TVs can relieve stress.
When you are angry, usually at another person, you would probably think in your mind that you want to beat him up, and anger equals stress. That anger will build up the more you are angry at that person. Beating up that person might actually relieve stress as you will feel like you gotten even, although you will most likely be sued for doing so. A way to redirect that rage is by smashing TVs, focusing your frustration towards an inanimate object instead of a human being. This is how I feel towards my brother, for example, so instead, I go outside and I start using my punching bag. It makes me feel better when I pretend that the punching bag is my brother. The same way how the TV can be the person you dislike.

2. Smashing TVs boosts adrenaline.
Epinephrine, AKA adrenaline, is a hormone/neurotransmitter, that treats severe allergic reactions in an emergency situation, or the "fight or flight" response. Adrenaline boosts make you feel pumped, excited, and energetic; therefore, you will feel happy and have fun. After doing an action that uses massive amounts of instantaneous energy, such as smashing a TV, you will generate adrenaline, which equals fun.

Lifting weights exercises your arms. Lifting TVs would also exercise your arms.

Like I said before, being energetic would equal having fun. Since smashing TVs boost adrenaline, you will feel energetic, and you will have fun.

5. Proving how strong you are to your friends by smashing a TV can make you feel better.
It depends, do your friends like a big, strong person who can lift a TV over his head and being able to throw a heavy object? Do your friends like explosions, or at least small ones, like a TV coming apart? Do your friends want to see the inside of a TV?

6. Do you want to smash TVs?
That just depends on you.

My opponent says that:
1) Can lead to injuries to the person smashing the TV or to somebody near the incident.
You can smash TVs in a safe environment. Obviously, who is going to stand near a person who is about to smash a TV. The person who is chucking the TV can chuck it from a safe distance. He can throw it from a higher level. There are many places that is safe for a TV to be tossed upon such as an alley or any abandoned area. If you're friends want to watch, they can watch from a distance.

2. TVs are expensive to replace.
First of all, this has no meaning to whether smashing TVs are fun. Second of all, this just depends on how much money you have, if you're rich or not. Third, there are some TVs that are so cheap, like below $100. The really pricey, HD quality are above $600. The pretty good TVs are only about $100 to $300. Those are the ones at Best Buy. This is the same reason for number 3, it just matters on how much money you have; thus, the price of TVs are irrelevant to how much fun you will have to smashing TVs.

Citations:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EpinephrineR06;
http://www.bestbuy.com...
emil1

Con

This debate does connect to what my arguments were such as people could get injured or the cost of TVs is too much as neglected by my opponent stating "This debate was whether TVs are fun or not, not the fact that people could get injured or cost of TVs."

Clearly, it connects because if you smash the TV and you get a cut (injury), you are not having fun because you are in pain (don't dare say you can shrug of that pain or its nothing). Also the cost of TVs can make it not fun because you need to find a way to buy a new TV which is a pain.

First of my Opponents reasons why smashing TV is fun. He stated (Smashing TVs can relieve stress). Obviously it does not, It increases the stress to buy a new to TV is wanted because it cost $100 said by opponent or more. But it can be used to get food, pay rent/mortgage, hydro or electricity. $100 can mean a lot unless you are a ruthless trillionaire.

Second, my opponent states "Smashing TVs boosts adrenaline". It may because you are smashing something big and it broke because you are strong. But it could also not boost adrenaline because you are standing at the same spot and just breaking TV by throwing it or kicking it etc. This is my same answer for the fourth argument stated by my opponent "Smashing TVs boosts adrenaline"

Third of my opponent's arguments " Smashing TVs is also a good form of workout by exercising your arms." There isn't an argument for this because it is true. But there could have been a cheaper alternative to workout and exercising your arms such as going to gyms and lifting dumbbells.

Fifth of my opponent's arguments stating "Proving how strong you are to your friends by smashing a TV can make you feel better." It actually proves how stupid you are. People aren't going to say 'Oh My goodness, he smashed a TV, he is so strong'. They are actually going to say "What a stupid guy. He broke a TV worth over $100. He is crazy!!!" This will make you feel more worse because you are being criticized as being stupid.

the sixth argument of my opponent made no sense at all.

Now to my arguments.

My arguments basically disproves my opponents statement of smashing TV is fun.

This is a poll created by me asking Is smashing TV fun?
http://www.debate.org...

This has been a great debate. I think this was the best one I had yet. Looking forward to who wins!!!!!!

Thanks yay28 for this debate
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
Don't smash TVs that's just terrible don't just smash TVs
Posted by peedeeboi 3 years ago
peedeeboi
I was under the impression that this was an adult site. Am I in the kindergarten section? The pro as well as the contender have way too much free time on their hands.
Posted by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
there are more votes on Yes to smashing TVs are fun on the poll
Posted by emil1 3 years ago
emil1
hey sweetbreeze... I'm a guy. Just saying
Vote Placed by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
sweetbreeze
yay842emil1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: S/G goes to Pro, because Con's grammatical errors sickened me. Convincing arguments to Con, since he/she used solid facts.