SongHaGin
V5RED

Smoking (All types, Including marijuana and Vapor) should be banned.

SongHaGin

Pro

I believe that smoking should be banned.
First round is acceptance.
V5RED

Con

I accept and look forward to you explaining to me why you should have the right to tell me, a grown adult, that I can't enjoy my vaporizer in my own home.
SongHaGin

Pro

The reason I included vapor is because I wanted to cover all types of smoking.
We should also remember that Vapor can also be toxic. It's an Illusion of safe smoking.
"The nicotine inside the cartridges is addictive. When you stop using it, you can get withdrawal symptoms including feeling irritable, depressed, restless and anxious. It can be dangerous for people with heart problems. It may also harm your arteries over time."(www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/.../electronic-cigarettes)
I also forgot to add that I wanted it to be Illegal around other people >< I apologize!
V5RED

Con

To address your claims of the dangers of vaping:
There is a difference between a substance possibly having side effects in unhealthy people and a substance definitely causing cancer. The risks of smoking compared to those of vaping are like the risks of walking on the highway compared to the risks of walking on the sidewalk.

Vaping is mostly safe, and the same arguments you made against its safety can be made for caffeinated beverages and fast food, so I assume that you want those banned too.

What you have yet to do is form an argument explaining why smoking and vaping should be banned, and you were not clear with your last sentence. Your initial post said you wanted smoking and vaping to be illegal. Are you now saying you want them to only be illegal is another person is nearby? What if that person is also smoking or vaping? Is it still a crime? Are you suggesting that if someone is smoking or vaping in his or her own home and others are around, that should be a crime? You need to make your position clear.

You should also explain why you think that whatever you are arguing to ban should be illegal.

As to why I am against what you initially posted, laws that ban activities that only harm the individual partaking in the activity(assuming that the individual has been apprised of the dangers) are unjust. This has been shown in our various drug laws which have been more damaging to society than the drugs they banned. If I am smoking in my home, in my car, or by myself on a street corner, then nobody is affected except for myself. This is especially true with vaping because unlike smoking, vapor does not linger and the vaporizer stops putting out fumes when I am not puffing it.

If you think that it should be illegal to smoke near others, then if I walk up to a smoker who is smoking, should he be arrested? Are you talking about smoking in public buildings? If so, that is already banned so that workers are not exposed to concentrated smoke.
SongHaGin

Pro

I think I'll forfeit this one and start another one, Is that okay with you? I will challenge you personally. I'm sorry, I didn't post this correctly.
V5RED

Con

I would encourage nobody to vote on this debate. You don't deserve a "loss" and I don't deserve a "win" when there wasn't really a debate.

If you post an new debate and I am opposed to your position, then I will accept. That said, if your position is clear, then we might actually agree and thus not have a reason to debate. :)
SongHaGin

Pro

Well, forfeit then .
V5RED

Con

Again, please do not vote on this. If you do, you are a jerk. This is essentially a debate where we decided that there was too much confusion to debate the topic. I will report any votes on this debate since we both agree to a no contest.