SongHaGin
vinsha001

Smoking around Non-Smokers and Children should be banned.

SongHaGin

SongHaGin

Pro

First round Is acceptance ^^
I'm for this.
vinsha001

Con

Do you think that a smoker would keep asking the people near to him that are you a "smoker or a non smoker" and then smoke?? It will not be so. Though I am myself a non smoker but still I think that this is a ridiculous idea.
SongHaGin

Pro

It's not ridiculous.
You are already lacking in your logic.
The smoker would simply not smoke around others, and always go to the designated smoker's area.
If the smoker lived with non- smoker children or other people, he would have to smoke outside to preserve the lifes of others.
This policy is do reduce the deadly effects of second hand smoke.
I will define second hand smoke: "smoke inhaled involuntarily from tobacco being smoked by others."
Would you like to inhale deadly smoke without smoking?
Second hand smoke causes the same health problems as regular smoke!
"Secondhand smoke causes numerous health problems in infants and children, including more frequent and severe asthma attacks, respiratory infections, ear infections, and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
Smoking during pregnancy results in more than 1,000 infant deaths annually.
Some of the health conditions caused by secondhand smoke in adults include coronary heart disease, stroke, and lung cancer."
Now, with all these deadly effects, I would like to not be effected by second hand smoke, when I object to smoking all together. This policy is a stoke of genius.
vinsha001

Con

Do all place have smoking areas?? Smokers find it difficult after sometime without smoking. If a smoker does not get an area where he can smoke ,then what will he do?? Should he suffer the pain which mostly the smokers feel after not smoking for after a particular time, until and unless he finds a smoking area??
SongHaGin

Pro

If the place does not have a smoking area, the smoker will have to go outside. If they have to smoke immediately , they can go outside also. I did not say anything about the smoker having to wait. Once again, there is always outside. The smoker will not suffer any pain, they do not have to smoke a cigarette very five minutes. Please note that I am talking about going a short time without a cigarette. And if they feel the urge to smoke, they can go to the area or go outside.
I notice that your argument is simply questions, and I do not really have an argument to respond to.
vinsha001

Con

Do you think that a smoker would smoke in a school,mall or places like this??He would always go to an open area and smoke.But isn't that open area full with children and people of other age category?? For example- A Park. Would you allow a smoker to smoke in a park tough that is an open area?? What should he do if he is in a park??no, you won't be ae to do so.
SongHaGin

Pro

Once again, in all these places, they can simply go outside. if there are people in that area, he can move to an area that is less populated. There is always an area in a park where there are less people. Yes, you would be able to smoke in a park where there are less people.
vinsha001

Con

vinsha001 forfeited this round.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
Aw, thanks.
Posted by Kolo 1 year ago
Kolo
Just thought I'd add, I couldn't agree more with your topic :)
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
Oh, thanks. I had forgotten about this debate.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
What are you doing?
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
RFD
Conduct to Pro, Con forfeited last round. S&G irrelevant to this debate. Neither side provided sources, so no source points. Pro had to show that smoking around nonsmokers and children should be banned.

Pro's points:
1. second hand smoke causes the same health problems as first hand.
2. smokers can move from others or go outside

1. Con never acknowledges the health effects, even though Pro did not provide a source for their "second hand cause numerous problems" quote; this was a missed opportunity for Con, and thus I have no choice but to accept Pro's facts. Pro got lucky here; always source info.

2. Con asks Pro a) what if there's no smoking area and the smoker needs to smoke now to avoid pain? b) what if smoking outside, there are children? Pro responds well to both questions by saying without smoking areas, there's always outside, and once outside, there's always space to move to less populated areas.

Since Con never refuted Pro's answers, because Con forfeited, arguments to Pro.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
Yeah, I see your stance on the vaping...
Still, there could be nicotine in the vapor that could do the same thing as cigarettes in terms of addiction.
Posted by palmertio0 1 year ago
palmertio0
Agree, smoking should be banned. Not so sure on the vaping though. Some recent studies said that the vapor could have some harmful chemicals iirc . I have heard of vaping being used as a way to quit smoking though, that seems interesting.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
Okay, thank you ^^
Posted by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
Honestly, I oppose smoking, so we would be pretty much on the same side here. I am a huge proponent of vaping because it is so much less dangerous, and almost anything that pushes people away from tobacco and toward becoming a fellow vapester is cool with me.

You might want to open the debate to others because we are pretty much on the same side here.
Vote Placed by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
SongHaGinvinsha001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments