DanaraK
Askar

Smoking in public places should be banned

DanaraK

DanaraK

Pro

I am a smoker, however I am in favor of banning smoking in public places. If several smokers smokes in tiny room, the concentration of the poison in sigarets rises several times. Thus, smoking in the closed area is more harmful not only for non-smokers, but for smokers as well. Today, in Almaty, most of the restaurants allow their guests to smoke in the restaurants. Even though, there is a law that prohibit smoking in public places, owners of the restaurants ignores it.
Askar

Con

As a smoker I really like to smoke! And I want to smoke wherever I want and where I want. I totally disagree with people who prohibit to smoke. If I go out some where i like to take cup of coffee and some handmade cigaret, or I will go to cigar club.
DanaraK

Pro

Thank you Askar for your reply.
Definetelly, you have right to choose how to spend your time. But, smoking in public places bring harm for every one who surrounds you. Second hand smoker is as harmful as a smoking. I am sure, that you would not smoke if your children will sit around. Prohibition of smoking in public places will save your health. Such necessary measure will make you cut down on smoking. Big cities like New-York, London and Tokyo banned smoking in public places. It is a good healthy trend that our city should follow as well.
Askar

Con

As many researches prove air that we breath every day in big cities are more toxic than good cigar or tobacco for handmade cigarettes. As a parent I definitely tell to my children pros and cons of smoking, but no one must tell me where to smoke. I believe that every person must have right to smoke or not. And If you don't like me smoking, you can go for another place!
I we will fear just to breath one shot of smoke, we also must close all junk food restaurants and all Coca Cola facility
DanaraK

Pro

As I mentioned at the beginning that I am smoker as well, however I prefer not to smoke in closed area, and I do not want other people smoking around me. There are a lot of other great places to sit and smoke, but it should not be in the public places. Being mature is not only about doing whatever you want to do, being mature means be responsible and think about others. I respect healthy life style of other people, I respect their good healthy choices and I do not want spoil their healthy environment with my sigarets. I am on way of giving up smoking and I need people who surrounds me helps me in this battle.
Askar

Con

Askar forfeited this round.
Posted by Askar 3 years ago
Askar
As a last word I want to say that I respect people who want quit with smoking, but I think this is very personal choice. And If I want to smoke I don't need some "confessions" from people who think that they are better. As last research shown harm from smoking is less than everybody think. Also nicotine helps brain work more effective, and concentration of smokers are better. And very last example of people who used to smoke during life and died at the age of 90. Its Sir Winston Churchill- "Widely regarded as one of the greatest wartime leaders of the 20th century, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, a historian, a writer, and an artist. He is the only British Prime Minister to have received the Nobel Prize in Literature, and was also the first person to be made an honorary citizen of the United States." from WIKI =). And he used to smoke at least 3 cigars during the day. So smoke well and smoke only fine tobacco!
Vote Placed by mikicat10 3 years ago
mikicat10
DanaraKAskarTied
Reasons for voting decision: Askar had spelling mistakes, but had some very strong arguments and had sources.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
DanaraKAskarTied
Reasons for voting decision: con gave up in the last round but he had already lost the debate before he forfeited.