debategirl111
Alchemistress

Smoking in public places

Alchemistress

debategirl111

Con

there schould not be smoking and public place why beacuse scond hand smoke is worst the the persone that someking you schould be able to go to a place and dont have to worry about choking or worry about your kids pick up a cigareettes thats why you have a house to do wat ever you want in have whould you like to go to the park will your kids but people smoking going all in the air and your kids going to think its okay......
Alchemistress

Pro

Do you mean inside or outside public places?

I honestly believe that smoking should be kept away from doorways and inside buildings as I know it is unhealthy. I am not a smoker and smoking everyday is a personal choice but everyone should have the freedom to do it if they so choose.

If your kids end up picking up a cigarette you shouldn't but the blame on a random bystander smoking out in the open. Shove the dangers of smoking into your kids head whenever you can, like my parents did, and I'm sure they wouldn't get near a cigarette.
debategirl111

Con

yes people should have they freedom to somke where ever they want but like resaturned and beaches and park you come there to have fun to to sit around and smell and look at people somke somkeing is very unhealty and it cause many bad thing to your body and i not just talkin about cigarette about peopel somke diffent thing if you know what i mean and i talking about inside places also if we tell our kids not to somke and we see other people do it they will ask if someking so bad why are they doin it your want to show kids a good exmples even teen will you like to see a child or a teen someking what will you do
Alchemistress

Pro

There are many things that affect your health on a 'secondary' reason. Pollution being one of them. You breath toxic fumes every time a car passes by. Should we ban these? Then we'd have to do the same for campfires, mills, factories, vehicle exhausts and soon we'll be so afraid of smoke we'll all have to get personal glass bubbles. As it is, many places have smoking sections and non smoking sections. There you have it. You are separated from the smokers.

And yet again I think you are seriously overestimating how easily kids are influenced. I pass by people who smoke everyday and I've never lit a cigarette in my life. If you just want to avoid a difficult discussion with your kids about why people smoke even though It's bad for them I suggest just you don't have kids, because your going to find there are many more difficult things headed your way in the "special talk" department.
debategirl111

Con

you are right there are many other thing that Pollution the air but we schould try and stop that littles thing and no we cant stop cars form driveing by and yes there is a non somking and somking places but the somke is still and the air we schould try and stop somkimg there is a lot of other thing we should try it stop to also you and a child are diffent a child is going to want to do waht a adult do you know its and wrong and why its wrong if you talk to your child about why somkeing bad and the child see other people do it what the point of talking to it then Reducing adult smoking may eliminate role models who lead children to light up
Smoking can harm our bodies in many ways, but it is especially harmful to the lungs of a person with asthmas. Tobacco smoke is a powerful trigger of asthma symptoms. That is why I am extremely agreed that, smoking should be ban form public places
Usually, smokings are allowed at the sideways, restaurant and also at the community centers. These places have many people including the children. Let says, there is a smoker at those places; automatically the people surroundings will be the secondhand smoker. Usually, people don't smoke because they understand the danger of smoking. But, what we worried about is the secondhand smoker. It is because the secondhand smoke may be the main factor in causing to a number of health problems. Mostly, the secondhand smoke will irritate our lungs and it also can reduce the oxygen in our blood. people should not somek and publice place also second hand somke.
The secondhand smokes also will effects for the other people especially the children. we do not need people who somke around use or our kids .
Alchemistress

Pro

Why should someone not have the freedom to smoke? I can understand that smoking should not be allowed if there is an area highly populated by children, elderly, or even sick people. Smoking around them is extremely rude and dangerous. Both smokers and non-smokers should be considerate of each other. It is a two-way street.

Where the smoker smokes mainly depends on the location, the crowd, and the situation all together. But I personally think it is highly unfair to take away smoking all together. That is taking away that person's right.

We all need to be considerate of one another and the fact that just because you do not like it does not mean everyone else feels that way. As I said before, I am a non-smoker, and I do not mind to be around a smoker as long as they consider not blowing it towards me. There are many habits that people have, good and bad, but does that mean we are to tell them just not to be out in public at all because they have that habit?

And yet again with the children. All you really have to do is EXPLAIN the dangers of Smoking. If your kid sees someone who is smoking and does not understand why they look healthy, show (using pictures on the internet) or just explain at they are sick ON THE INSIDE and that they usually die much sooner than person who doesn't smoke.
Posted by Alchemistress 6 years ago
Alchemistress
^-^ thanks for the comments, I can't believe air filtering technology didn't come to mind :/
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
I think Pro's winning argument was that smokers and non-smokers can be separated so that there is no issue of second-hand smoke.

It didn't come up, but there is practical air filtering technology such that smoke is so thoroughly removed that non-smokers cannot sense or experience any smoke from a nearby smoker. It would be common except that anti-smoking is pretty much a religion.

Even a young person should be able to find the shift key on a keyboard. Still, not bad overall for a first debate.
Posted by larztheloser 6 years ago
larztheloser
Interesting debate. I think con conceded more when she had to in round two when she said "yes people should have they freedom to smoke where ever they want" - that's a position far from contrary to the motion, and it was never really reconciled. Grammar was the other obvious problem, but the case certainly didn't come across as a troll. Pro's case was simplistic but good enough for this debate.
Posted by Alchemistress 6 years ago
Alchemistress
Thanks for the debate ^-^ !!!
Posted by debategirl111 6 years ago
debategirl111
well i sorry for my grammar i m new to this and i only 14 yeas old i just like to debate i know i need pratcice i m not the best at this but i try
Posted by Alchemistress 6 years ago
Alchemistress
Sorry I thought you were trolling because of the grammar :/
Posted by debategirl111 6 years ago
debategirl111
i just think we should watch where we somking at that all
Posted by Alchemistress 6 years ago
Alchemistress
~.~ I think she's just trolling, right?
Posted by CosmicAlfonzo 6 years ago
CosmicAlfonzo
lulwat?
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
debategirl111AlchemistressTied
Vote Placed by wiseovvl 6 years ago
wiseovvl
debategirl111AlchemistressTied
Vote Placed by SuperRobotWars 6 years ago
SuperRobotWars
debategirl111AlchemistressTied
Vote Placed by BillBonJovi 6 years ago
BillBonJovi
debategirl111AlchemistressTied
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
debategirl111AlchemistressTied