CountCheechula
DakotaDebate

Smoking marijuana is not a sin.

CountCheechula
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

CountCheechula

Pro

I am taking the side of: it is NOT a sin to smoke or consume cannabis.
1st round acceptance.
Please only be a Christian that is truly opposed to the consumption of cannabis and believe according to Christ and God that it is a sin.
DakotaDebate

Con

Yes I am con. god said that your body is a temple, but if you happen to smoke marijuana it hurts you. Not in the technical sense like bites and scratches, more like a mental type. you cant think straight when you smoke pot because that is the whole point of "smoking" marijuana.
CountCheechula

Pro

CountCheechula forfeited this round.
DakotaDebate

Con

DakotaDebate forfeited this round.
CountCheechula

Pro

CountCheechula forfeited this round.
DakotaDebate

Con

I do understand that if someone is in need of it for medical purposes, it is perfectly alright, but usually that is not the case. Most teens and some adults consume cannabis for their own stimulation. If you were to "get high" you would not be able to think clearly as I have pointed out in my opening statement, so you could easily hurt yourself simply because you cant understand the situation.
I am keeping my arguments short for the debates sake.
CountCheechula

Pro

Sorry I made a grave mistake about the three hours time.
Look Marijuana causes no health effects or issues. It reduces anxiety, lowers blood pressure, helps heart rate problems over time. Marijuana also helps fight cancer, glaucoma, and several other diseases like casual colds or spinal issues.
You say lets look at the mental aspect of marijuana. It is said it kills brain cells this also false. With Reagan and Nancy just say no campaign they did exclusive studies on chimps. Strapping masks on them and pumping not ounces but pounds of pot smoke into them. You cannot train an animal to smoke a J or like any way humans do so they lacked oxygen and died resulting in loss of brain cells via air supply stoppage.
In many religions including christian sects marijuana is used in daily life to cope with stress and also communicate or get closer to our lord and savior. Rastas do the same for the same reasons. Marijuana is the oldest medicine and now I get to the part about pot and God.
God created every herb that yields seed and saw that it was good. He does say for food but if he knew that people would smoke it to get high he would of never created it. Also eating marijuana is more potent and actually can damage your stomach and kidneys because it is so potent and hard to digest. So marijuana is safer to smoke then what God says to us to do it with. You talk of temple but marijuana is not like any other drug. Other drugs cause dependence and create physical withdraws. Also other man made drugs cause long term health problems. Tobacco doesn't yield seed just letting you know.
There is also drawing of Jesus relating back to the 2nd century A.D. depicting him holding a brown object to his mouth in the forest where he was captured. The word underneath him translate into cannabis. Also cannabis is used in Leviticus to show Moses how to make holy anointing oil. Sorry I feel asleep and did not carry through with this properly but thanks.
The Holy Bible
Google.com
Common Sense and past knowledge
DakotaDebate

Con

As said before I believe in medical cannabis.
It is abusing the drug that I don't believe in, because even if they use it to lower anxiety it could also end their lives, as a result of an overdose.
Addiction of the drug is also a probability in cases, which in turn cost money and in the bible it talks about how addiction is wrong, so forth.
again keeping the argument short
Posted by DakotaDebate 2 years ago
DakotaDebate
okay I am new at this give me a break
Posted by CountCheechula 2 years ago
CountCheechula
You cannot od on marijuana just saying
Posted by CountCheechula 2 years ago
CountCheechula
Alright creationtruth you can accept I also use the Bible as the only source because it it the only source to Jesus' teachings and God's nature
Posted by creationtruth 2 years ago
creationtruth
I will accept if by God and Christ you mean what the scriptures say. My final authority as a Christian is the Bible, not experience, not feelings, and not even logical deduction which does not consider the text of the Bible authoritatively, comparatively, contextually and consistently.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
I will take this with one condition. You have to understand and accept that I will use Mormon doctrine as well as New and Old Testament.
Posted by CountCheechula 2 years ago
CountCheechula
No but atheists keep telling me that there is no such thing as a sin. Also were debating about if smoking is aloud in Jesus' eyes as well as God's eyes so yeah that why.
Posted by FMAlchemist 2 years ago
FMAlchemist
No playing the Devil's advocate as an atheism not so concerned about weed?
Vote Placed by patrick967 2 years ago
patrick967
CountCheechulaDakotaDebate
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: The greater of two not-so-good arguments. You should probably cite the Bible verses, both of you.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
CountCheechulaDakotaDebate
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: pro showed more benefits than con did harms
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
CountCheechulaDakotaDebate
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: Nobody cited *any* Biblical verses. C'm'on.