Smoking should be illegal in Public areas, and around any children related places, and offsprings

First round is acceptance

No name calling
No swearing
Be respectful

Have fun, and good luck!

Lets not set this as law. You need to find your strength and show them the law righteously. be free from the law, but in turn you will find a deeper meaning of acceptance and a whole perception in time. The true spirit, that will soon know that it is the lord. read and study much, for a many passages you take zeal in. the bible is one amazing book! unfolding a different view in you. Why or How could i have kept this gift to myself, when the world can finally see this truth right here, but not did you walk with him. When there is finally a chance to receive guidance, where do ya go? why are we not listening , therefore speaking all at once, and there it reign deception . The truth is the hardest to find. go straight through Jesus Christ, our Lord, to Father God, and he will hear you. Ask of knowledge and he will give abundantly. Setting laws involve a much more divine understanding, to have a heart and mind for the whole. As many people there are in the world, it takes responsibility and commitment to be a leader. a virtuous individual who loves all. Jesus Christ can do this all, perfectly..The new covenant, its all in your head, a different set of eyes, A new name, burning fire in your heart, the power of the lord knows how to enter you, do you know how to let him in to your mind.

My opponent choses to take up his/hers round completely go off topic, and ignore the title.

This debate is about if smoking should be illegal in Public places or around any children. I hope that in round two (round one was acceptance) my opponent won't argue using his/hers theological beliefs, as that is completely irrelevant.

I will first present my case, and do rebuttals in upcoming rounds

Here are some affects of cigarettes.

There are over 7,000 chemicals are in tobacco smoke, 250 are harmful to health. Of the 250 harmful chemicals, 69 causes cancer. Here are the following cancer causing chemicals.

Beryllium (a toxic metal)
1,3"Butadiene (a hazardous gas)
Cadmium (a toxic metal)
Chromium (a metallic element)
Ethylene oxide
Nickel (a metallic element)
Polonium-210 (a radioactive chemical element)
Vinyl chloride
Others as well

Smoking is addictive, and unsurprisingly can cause death. My goal will be to point out that this should be stopped, and how smoking in public can affect others.

My case:

I. Harm to others, that are nonsmokers
This is probably the biggest reason why smoking should be completely illegal in any public areas. Second hand smoke (which is smoke inhaled by nonsmokers), causes 42,000 deaths in the U.S alone including 900 infants. You can say, that smokers are almost like murders. Altogether that is 600,000 years of life lost, resulting in 6.9 billion dollars of lost productivity.

II. Encourages children, or younger people to smoke.
A reason why some kids because they see every one else do it, so they are tempted to do as well. As I mentioned the consequence before, smoking should be stopped in public so less kids are tempted to do so. Other reasons are peer pressure and because parents smoke. (Which I will talk about in following argument).

III. If parents smoke, children to do too.
Research shows that if parents smoke, their kids are more likely to become heavy smokers. If parents quit, their children would most likely will not smoke too. If laws like these are enforced, this could result in younger people not being tempted to smoke.

Since my opponent did not clarify anything about why smoking should be illegal, I won't be able to prove any rebuttals except for the fact that theological beliefs have NOTHING to do with this debate.

reallife32 forfeited this round.

I have no argument to present due to the fact my opponent has forfeited.

I look forward to a late argument in the comment section, and hope he is ok for he has not been online for 3 days.

reallife32 forfeited this round.

My argument rests.

reallife32 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture