IloveLillyLou123
intellectuallyprimitive

Smoking

intellectuallyprimitive

IloveLillyLou123

Pro

Smoking should become illegal
intellectuallyprimitive

Con

Thank you Pro.

First and foremost, I want to clarify Pro's position. Pro is arguing in favor for the illegalization of smoking. However, what substance Pro contends should be illegal to smoke remains unknown, I will be arguing against the notion that smoking, regardless of the substance, should not be illegalized.

Moreover, Pro failed to supply an argument for his position, and merely stated that smoking should become illegal. Since his round is devoid of any argument, I have no rebuttal to offer, but I will provide a few succinct examples to highlight my position.

Enforcement:
Pro suggests that smoking should become illegal. If we examine the copious number of individuals that smoke tobacco cigarettes on a daily basis, the number is estimated to be around 42 million adults in the U.S. Considering this exorbitant number, enforcing the law and reprimanding those that continue to smoke after enacting smoking as illegal, would not only be an arduous task, but would also be costly, and would potentially divert attention from police to seek harsher crimes.

Hookah:
As I stated in my opening paragraph, Pro did not include what particular substances should be enacted as illegal to smoke, but merely mentioned smoking exclusively as to become illegal. There are many hookah establishments that encompass the smoking of various hookah in the appropriate establishment that enable social interaction, sampling of different hookah flavors, and even business opportunities for the hookah shops. None of those mentioned pose any threat or should be deemed as an unlawful activity. If a law is enacted constituting smoking as illegal, hookah shops would close, thusly leaving many business owners unemployed, removing social interaction, and the option of smoking flavored hookah.

I anticipate Pro's arguments in the following round.

http://www.cdc.gov...
IloveLillyLou123

Pro

Forfeit this round
intellectuallyprimitive

Con

My opponent offered no arguments, therefore I have nothing to rebut. Extend my arguments to the next round if my opponent elects to provide an argument.
IloveLillyLou123

Pro

Like I said in Round 2 I do not want to do this debate so I forfeit
intellectuallyprimitive

Con

Concession from Pro, vote Con.
Posted by IloveLillyLou123 2 years ago
IloveLillyLou123
Most smokers do not know what is actually put into cigarettes , 2nd hand smoke smoke is also one of the top five reasons why people are killed after smoking in general and suicide. It should be ban
Posted by Dheu 2 years ago
Dheu
People know the risk of smoking, so let them smoke if they want to. It gives doctors things to do, environmentalist things to complain about, and the smokers gets to do what he wants... smoke.
Posted by Neoman 2 years ago
Neoman
Since noone is forcing you to smoke, why do you want government's hands on this? Man up, go to a rehab if you are that desperate.
Posted by LocoZZZ 2 years ago
LocoZZZ
I must say that banning smoking would first of all take away people's right to control what enters their body, no matter how much I disagree with smoking. Number two, the price of tobacco would rise to the point where illegal distribution would possibly exponentially dwarf the amount of marijuana sales and the new trend would be making tremendous money through illegal sales. Thirdly, with the current amount of tobacco products in distribution, it would be impossible to adequately enforce the law, and even then, taxpayer money would be thrown away by the billions as this would be even harder to maintain than the current war on drugs.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
IloveLillyLou123intellectuallyprimitiveTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
Reasons for voting decision: Wow, not even an apology. I'm thoroughly appalled by Pro's conduct during this debate. Good arguments from Con.