mitch3815
Buddamoose

Snake from Metal Gear Solid vs Ezio from Assassin's Creed

mitch3815

Pro

There is no way Ezio would win in a fight with Snake, let me just bullet the reasons why Snake would win.
1. Snake has a camo for every situation, Ezio has a blinding white robe and guards that are too ignorant to look on a bench two feet to the side (I admit the MGS guards are kind of derpy as well, but sitting on a bench would get you caught immediately)
2. Snake's weaponry is far more advanced than Ezio's and could shoot through even the most powerful Assassin's armor
3. Snake has high level body armor which would negate any hidden gun attempts.
4. Snake has taken down dozens of S-Rank bosses including many Metal Gears and his own mentor.
5. CQC is infinitely better than the "freestyle" that Assassins use
Buddamoose

Con

I thank my peer for creating what should be a fine debate. Though I have never played the Assasins Creed that Ezio plays the main part in, I'm still confident that, just based off the fact that Ezio is an Assasin, I will be able to convince the readers that Ezio would be able to defeat Solid Snake in a fight.

First I'll lay out some parameters to what I believe this fight should be set with.

1) Seeing as the Metal Gear Series takes place far in the future of the time Ezio was actually alive, it should be obvious enougb that to make this fight fair and on level terms high-tech weaponry and devices would be excluded.

2) Both characters are stealthy, so rather than be a face to face battle, this fight would take place within a hypothetical city, one in which neither truly knows where the other is, and has to hunt down the other, before their opponent finds and kills them.

3) The fight should strictly pertain to hand to hand combat

Now I'll go about refuting and/or nullifying my peers arguments.

1) Snake has a camo for every situation, Ezio has a blinding white robe

Ok, first off, camo is only useful insofar as to give a person the element of surprise. However Assasins are master's of gaining the element of surprise, being masters of stealth. Ezio has the ability to easily find a target within a large crowd of lookalikes. Which honestly, is better than any camouflage in existence. So honestly, the point is moot.

2) Sitting on a bench would get Ezio caught immediately

Well its a good thing Ezio can't only just sit on a bench right? This point is irrelevant for that alone

3) Snake has high-level body armor which would negate any hiddent gun attempts

Snakes high level body armor is a part of those "high tech devices." If you want to argue that Solid Snake should be afforded the use of this, i'm all ears. But then you'd have to argue away the fact it woul most certainly make him a total pansy to do so.

4) Snake has taken down many S-Rank bosses including metal gears and his own mentor

And Ezio had to defeat powerful opponents in his own right sure. Just as solid snake had technology that afforded him to even have a chance to defeat these bosses, ezio did as well. Furthermore, this point is irrelevant, as Ezio =/= S-Rank bosses, nor does he equal Solid Snakes mentor.

Solid Snake would instead be contending with a person who he had never previously had to contend with. As would Ezio, but this nullifies the badassery of Solid Snake defeating his own mentor. Being his teacher, solid snake knew everything his mentor(Big Boss was it?) would use against him, and had an in depth knowledge of the tactics his mentor used.

5. CQC is infinitely better than the freestyle assasins use.

First off, CQC relies on the use of.a blade in one hand, a gun in the other. Without those, it is merely a combination of judo and jujitsu.

Freestyle martial arts on the other hand is adaptable to any situation, and able to be seamlessly incorporated into any defensive or offensive strikes against opponents. Its truly all purpose, and because of this, i believe, affords Ezio the upperhand in this hypothetical battle
mitch3815

Pro

mitch3815 forfeited this round.
Buddamoose

Con

I will keep this round short and sweet being that my peer has forfeited. I do not want to flood this debate with countless reasons why Ezio would defeat Solid Snake, and leave him little opportunity to respond. Instead I will supply this reason:

Ezio's ability to skillfully and masterfully use what is known in popular culture as Parque, would give him a distinct environmental advantage.

Think about this, do you see Solid Snake hopping from roof to roof. Platform to platform, with near perfect balance, and seemingl effortless agility? No, you do not. This is where Ezio truly would win the battle. If solid snake ever were to gain the element of surprise on Ezio, he could simply use his skills in Parque, to seamlessly escape, leaving Solid Snake in the dust. From there Ezio would know precisely where Solid Snake is, due to solid snake attempting to kill him ny surprise. Once that element is gone, Ezio would certainly have the distinct advantage in combat.

Thank you, and vote con!
mitch3815

Pro

mitch3815 forfeited this round.
Buddamoose

Con

I am saddened by my peer's repeated forfeit.

/sadpanda
mitch3815

Pro

I apologize for my absence. But I am here.

Sorry I am extremely sick so this may be a bit unorganized

CQC does not require a knife or gun, (I will avoid spoilers here) In the final fight in MGS4 niether combatant used a knife or gun, it was solely a fist fight, and it's clear that CQC was not intended to be used with a knife and gun, but it can be modified to use them, therefore in a close range situation Snake would easily be the victor having 30+ years of training in CQC alone.

You also stated how you never played Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood or Revelations, if you had you would realize the highest enemy that Ezio has defeated would be a Templar Brute. Which Snake could take down in an instant. Snake has fought a super enemy that breaks the fourth wall and even uses forms of magic, and still Snake is able to defeat him, not once but twice, when he returns in MGS4. If Ezio was put in those situations he might be able to run away successfully or hide but would stand no match vs bosses like The Boss, Colonial Volgin, or Psychomantis, or even a Metal Gear for that matter.

If we are removing his tech then we must consider how tough Snake really is even without his armor, this man was stabbed in the eye and not only did he not die, he didn't even pass out. Sure a bullet from the hidden gun would be stunning but in Assassins creed he never aimed for the head or the heart, simply the chest, something like that would merely phase Snake, nothing more. This man is a walking tank with or without his armor.

I have to completely disagree that being able to find people in a crowd is more useful than a good camouflage, even Ezio can't see through buildings even with his eagle vision. Snake would be able to pop out of a corner and surprise him while Ezio is standing out in the open looking through crowds. And let's not forget how unstealthy assassins really are, sure they are good at tracking and killing people from behind, but that is completely different from walking into a group of citizens wearing normal clothes and trying to convince persuers that they are also a citizen with a blinding white robe, a hood up, and weapons sticking out from every point of their body. If Snake needed to get away he would hide in an ally way or in a patch of grass or under a building, and I just don't see how running across rooftops is stealthy in any sort of way, no matter how you look at it, assassins primary method of escape is either rooftops or park benches, which are dead giveaways.

Quick note: Remember back, how many bases has Ezio taken out with pure stealth... a few, and only when the game decides that it's a stealth mission. How many bases has Snake taken out without being seen once. Every base you come across in the game. Snake was able to take out an entire tanker not only with no help (meaning physical help, not including codec calls for advice) but also without being seen once.

On numerous occasions Snake has had to hunt down animals and targets while not being seen, Snake's tracking skills are incredible and his heightened perception and many many years of training would allow him to find his target quickly.

Overall Snake has Ezio beat in pretty much every aspect, even his voice is cooler.
Buddamoose

Con

Buddamoose forfeited this round.
mitch3815

Pro

mitch3815 forfeited this round.
Buddamoose

Con

Buddamoose forfeited this round.