bellawins
BigHead14

Sneakers are better than high heels

Started: 3/18/2016 Category: Fashion

bellawins

Pro

I am representing sneakers. Whoever takes up the challenge will be for high heels. Please commit to this debate and do not forfeit.

Sneakers are a soft shoe with a rubber sole worn for sports or casual occasions. Sneakers are also known as Tennis Shoes or Running Shoes. I believe that sneakers are better for many reasons.

One of my reasons for believing that sneakers are better is because they are more
comfortable. Now, I know that not all high heel have shard pointy toes and they aren't all painful, but more often than not, after a long day, they do hurt your feet. Sneakers however have cushy soles and they don't squish your toes together. You can walk around in sneakers and not have as many sore feet afterward.

Another reason that sneakers are better is that they are easier to walk in. Sure, if you're used to wearing high heels than you have better balance, but it's harder to walk on stairs and nearly impossible on uneven or rocky ground. In sneakers, it's about as easy as being barefoot. You can walk and run in them without tripping.

A third reason that sneakers are better is that they are far more practical. High heels are not good for running or walking quickly. If you had to get away from someone, say a mugger or something, than you couldn't run away very well in heels. In sneakers you'd be fine. Sneakers are better for hiking, jogging, walking the dog, sports, going to the gym, and even just plain yard work. You're not going to wear you heels with the heels stuck in the dirt while pulling weeds.
Overall, sneakers are better than high heels.
BigHead14

Con

I think sneakers are not better because they sometimes are ugly and they don't hurt as much.
bellawins

Pro

Thank you BigHead14 for debating with me. My opponent stated that "sneakers are not better because they are sometimes ugly". This is true. Some sneakers are ugly, some heels are ugly, too. That doesn't mean that all sneakers and all high heels are ugly.
The second thing my opponent stated was that "they don't hurt as much". Thank you to my opponent for helping my case because that is what I said in the first round. Sneakers are better because they don't hurt as much. Is my opponent saying that sneakers are inferior because the hurt less? Are they saying that they like the pain and occasional blisters that comes with wearing high heels?
BigHead14

Con

BigHead14 forfeited this round.
bellawins

Pro

Really? My oponent has forfeited which I clearly stated should not be done in the first round. If you weren't going to commit, why did you join the debate? Please try next time to participate. At least try. If you don't even post any argument, then I will obviously and almost automatically win.
I'll give you one more chance.
BigHead14

Con

BigHead14 forfeited this round.
bellawins

Pro

bellawins forfeited this round.
BigHead14

Con

BigHead14 forfeited this round.
bellawins

Pro

I apologize for missing my turn, but I was caught up traveling in Colorado and I was stuck for two days. I'm very glad, and also sad, to say that I have obviously won. My opponent only refuted once with a terribly short point. Then he or she forfeited the next rounds. Please vote!
BigHead14

Con

BigHead14 forfeited this round.
Posted by Emmarie 11 months ago
Emmarie
I wore high heels often when i was in high school. At the time they hurt less than sneakers, cuz if I did wear sneakers I wore them tight to make my feet look smaller. I tried to squeeze them into 7 1/2's when my feet were bigger than 8's. In my late teens I got over being self conscious about my size 8 1/2 women's shoe size, big for only being 5'3", and wore sneakers and or flat boots. I'm glad I quit wearing heels, because it took like 5 years for my toes to spread back out from having been smashed into heels with all the weight on the balls of my feet. I could actually run full stride in heels at one time, I wore them so much - lol.
Posted by bellawins 11 months ago
bellawins
@Briannj17 I think it depends on the boots. A lot of shoes have a platform, but they're not highheels.
Posted by Briannj17 11 months ago
Briannj17
DO cowboy boots count as high heels?
Posted by bellawins 11 months ago
bellawins
Because I want to.
Posted by jmiller 11 months ago
jmiller
why even compare the two?