daybay
Isranaz12

Snow days and CUNY

daybay

Pro

I believe that CUNY should have the authority to come up with their own snow day system instead of letting the mayor decide. Not everyone that attend CUNY schools live in that area. Most CUNY schools have students that commute from all over. For example, Jersey, Long Island, Connecticut, Staten Island, or Westchester. These places get more snow than the city most of the time, which can make it very hard for students to get to class safely. Students can slip and get hurt. For students that drive, driving in the snow can lead to a car accident. Also trains could be delayed or not running and that makes it difficult for students to get to school. Students then use up an absent day because not everyone lives in the city and can get to school.
Isranaz12

Con

Contemplating with your belief, i state my contradiction with you accompanied by no harsh or obnoxious statements. If CUNY had the authority of establishing their own snow day system, it's merely obvious we would have here and there school days in the season of winter. This year, its has snowed more than the past two years. You can see this data by following this link.

http://www.liveweatherblogs.com...

If Cuny had the jurisdiction of establishing their own snow day system, we would have school days off a few days every week. For the past couple of months, it has snowed every week a couple of times. Of course it is treacherous and dangerous to go to school on a snow day or even after when all the snow has molded to ice. But this is where the mayor is accountable for snow days. The mayor is responsible for injuries in behalf of snow or ice. He should attentively contemplate the weather. He knows everyone is condemning him for the absences of students. But the fact that he still announces schools are open on a snowy day, is as a matter of fact, a wise decision. Missing out on school continuously is a loss to students. Students have merely 9 months of school and don't forget the week- long breaks. Ever wonder why so many students are being held back instead of continuing ahead to the next grade. You may see where i confirmed this information by clicking the link i have provided below.

http://www.edweek.org...

If we think conventionally or outside the box, we are auspicious of school days. You have probably noticed that one month before regents, students are beseeching for more time and help. Perhaps if school weren't closed continuously due to snow, students would've been more attendant in school and much more exceptionally prepared for the regents.
daybay

Pro

daybay forfeited this round.
Isranaz12

Con

Daybay, you need to respond to my parleys for me to post my further arguments. That is the only way we could stay persistent with our debates.
daybay

Pro

daybay forfeited this round.
Isranaz12

Con

I don't understand how i'm going to respond to your forfeiting. Well then,i guess that's it for this debate.
Posted by vamplifequeen 3 years ago
vamplifequeen
DayBay, I do agree with the whole having days off when it snows really bad outside. However, we live in the northern hemisphere so we go through every season. Last year we had plenty of snow, and this year was really the worst. With that being said, we can have days or weeks were it can snow all day long. Does it mean we should just completely shut down school all together? you are correct about people not being able to get to school on time, or getting into accidents I understand that. Maybe we should have some kind of policy where if its out of the way for people to get school, attend a mandatory online class? everyone mostly has the latest technology so somehow someone can make this happen. Missing school for now is not the answer
Posted by Isranaz12 3 years ago
Isranaz12
i meant to say 'how i can expand'
Posted by Isranaz12 3 years ago
Isranaz12
Daybay, i don't understand how i'm going to debate with you when i receive no responds. I previously listed my notions on your debate. I don't quite apprehend i can expand on my notions.