freak23
DEBATE-A-NATOR

Soccer vs Football (Futbol vs "American Football"

DEBATE-A-NATOR
Started: 6/23/2014 Category: Sports

freak23

Pro

Before the debate starts, I will state the I am pro (for soccer). First round is for acceptance.
DEBATE-A-NATOR

Con

I accept (I'm for Futbol)
freak23

Pro

freak23 forfeited this round.
DEBATE-A-NATOR

Con

Well, now that I read the comments, I don't even know what I'm supposed to debate, so I'm assuming it's whether we should internationally say "futbol/football" instead of soccer (If I'm wrong just tell me :) )

So, I think that we should use futbol/football. Why? Well, I personally think that since the word "futbol/football" is already used throughout most of the world, we could all just use it. To make a comparison here, in the book "Frindle" almost everyone was saying "frindle" and only a small percentage of people still said "pen". It was easier for that small percentage to start saying "frindle" because it would be easier for everyone to understand. Therefore, I believe that we should internationally use the word "futbol/football" because it is easier for people in other countries to understand.
freak23

Pro

I cannot respond to the above posted argument, because my opponent has taken the same side as myself. In the opening argument, I stated that I would be pro (for soccer). Also, in the title, I state "Soccer vs Football (Futbol vs 'American Football'). So I cannot respond, unless the opponent changes his/her view.
DEBATE-A-NATOR

Con

Hmm... I suppose I get it now. You're probably saying soccer is better than American Football (NFL). (The way it was worded was a bit confusing.)

In that case, NFL football is better because it is a sport that is "just for us". FIFA Futbol is international, and therefore with things like the World Cup, there is lots of nationalism going on (just look at what the players do when they score a goal for their country.) If a person's country wins a game, then there will be nationalism going on. With NFL football, people can just pick a team and cheer, without any pressure to root for their home country.

Yeah, I don't really watch NFL football very often, and I watch soccer even less. I was thinking the question asked which name should be used, but now I highly doubt I'm winning this debate.
freak23

Pro

freak23 forfeited this round.
DEBATE-A-NATOR

Con

Freak23, throughout this entire debate the only thing you said is that you cannot respond. The question was not only hard to follow, but I'm the only one that ever defended anything. Must I say more? Vote Con.
Posted by freak23 2 years ago
freak23
So sorry to my opponent, my wi-fi was not working
Posted by macaztec 2 years ago
macaztec
@taken.....did you start a similar debate about creativity of the two?
Posted by macaztec 2 years ago
macaztec
What is this debate even about? The title tells us nothing and both are "taking the same stance."
Posted by taken123 2 years ago
taken123
pro auto wins
Vote Placed by texans14 2 years ago
texans14
freak23DEBATE-A-NATORTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited