jack.ma
TJC_01

Social Media has become a place to show off

jack.ma has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

jack.ma

Pro

I think people in today's time update their posts not to express their opinion or anything but to aggrandize themselves.

I find lots of people in my peer group, who puts anything even what they are eating and My Friends the time is close, where people will post the information about their how many times they pee.

I mean come on, what's is the urge to put everything online. An expression is not Condescending People.
TJC_01

Con

"I think people in today's time update their posts not to express their opinion or anything but to aggrandize themselves."

This is simply inaccurate. I mean, we are currently having this debate over a social media network that was founded upon the opinions of its users. Yes, Debate.org is a social media network, based upon Google's definition of social media: "websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking." You created this debate, and we are now sharing our opinions on the matter with one another. It's a social media network, and we are sharing our opinions and not aggrandizing ourselves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I find lots of people in my peer group, who puts anything even what they are eating and My Friends the time is close, where people will post the information about their how many times they pee."

First off, your grammar is horrendous. Please be more mindful of it. It helps everybody involved. I have seen nobody, across all social networking platforms, ever share with people how and when they go pee. You must have some weird friends. As far as the food thing, I don't see how it makes someone "aggrandizing" to share a delicious looking meal or snack w/ their friends. Honestly, by stating you don't care about what people are doing, you come off as the one that is "aggrandizing" and self-centered. I'm not saying you are, but that's the impression it leaves.

To be fair, they are sure to be SOME people who show off online. However, these individuals hardly represent every user of social platforms. Social Media can hardly be defined as "a place to show off".