CaliforniaBoy1
anthonyluvsband

Social Security

CaliforniaBoy1

CaliforniaBoy1

Con

The argument presented claims that senior citizens would be "dirt poor" if it was not for social security. While that may be true, numerous studies have shown that senior citizens have actually seen their wealth levels decreased over the course of two decades due to the ineffective handling of the program by the federal government. I am not arguing that we should get rid of social security, rather I believe that allowing citizens to control their own social security,would be a benefit to them as well as the overall economy.
anthonyluvsband

Pro

I accept your challenge. I will argue that social security allows for a cushion for our senior citizens the belong to the middle and working class. I've also noticed how social security funding has gone down a bit. This is why some people have decided to have a retirement bank account along with social security. What I want is for the gov't to reform social security to allow the retirees to enjoy a decent life. Privatizing social security may not be such a good idea. Federal-funded social security allows citizens to have a guaranteed financial backup if they end up forgetting to create a retirement bank account.
CaliforniaBoy1

Con

I appreciate you taking the time to debate my on this very important issue in our country. You claim that you want to see the government reform social security, yet you support the status quo. Again, I am not arguing that social security should be phased out. Rather I support allowing private citizens controlling their own social security through their employers. Do you believe that the private citizens are not capable of handling their own social security benefits? Do you believe that it is uncle same that knows best? In a free country our own, why not give the American people a chance? I believe that we are just as capable as the Federal Government in handling our own financial affairs. Please tell me what "reforms" you think the government should implement in regard to social security.
anthonyluvsband

Pro

anthonyluvsband forfeited this round.
CaliforniaBoy1

Con

CaliforniaBoy1 forfeited this round.
anthonyluvsband

Pro

anthonyluvsband forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
CaliforniaBoy1anthonyluvsbandTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff