Massive0
FaustianJustice

Social media is the main cause of decadence in today's society

Massive0

Con

This debate is primarily based on the role social media has played in leading to a decrease in moral and ethical standards.My argument is that social media has played a part in decadence but it is not necessarily the main factor.My opponent,whoever chooses to accept this debate, will have to prove that social media has played a bigger role than all other factors.My equally demanding burden will be to prove that social media has played a bigger role than all the other factors.
Allow me to provide a deeper insight into my argument. It is quite obvious that moral standards have suffered a significant decline. There are numerous factors that can account for this and social media is one of them. The question I strive to answer in this debate is "To what extent has social media led to decadence and can we fairly lay more blame on it than on other factors?" My answer to that is a resounding no! I will accentuate as well as shed more light on that as the debate progresses.
FaustianJustice

Pro

I accept this challenge and will demonstrate in step by step fashion the immediate moral decay that the use of social media has caused, and that its influence is so severe as to easily be found to be the primary cause of our current state.

I also understand that Con has a typo in their opening remark, that being: "My equally demanding burden will be to prove that social media has played a bigger role than all the other factors." This is a duplicate of my burden, however hold harmless such a typo, and expected it to read: "My equally demanding burden will be to prove that social media hasn't played a bigger role than all the other factors."

With that, I look forward to Con's opening series of arguments.
Massive0

Con

Massive0 forfeited this round.
FaustianJustice

Pro

In appreciation that perhaps my opponent forgot the time constraints, I will hold off, and hope that a condensed argument appears next round. Failing that, I will in the last round demonstrate my BoP.
Massive0

Con

Massive0 forfeited this round.
FaustianJustice

Pro

"My opponent,whoever chooses to accept this debate, will have to prove that social media has played a bigger role than all other factors." -- I entreat the reading audience to look no further than "the Like". Or "The ReTweet" or "The Subscribe". And lastly... "The Selfie".

Social media is by far one of the best ways to reach a wide audience for a function, to deliver simple instruction to mass recipients, and, more to the point, culture ever selfish interest in our nature.

The prevalence of social media has enabled us to culture our vanity into validation through the almighty "Like". We have even developed products to enable ourselves to take pictures of ourselves with a greater ease. More over, what started out as simple narcissism soon blossomed into full fledged detriment to humanity: we wanted all our exploits filmed and broadcast while masquerading it around as "social experiments".

I am sure, you in the reading audience knows what an "Arms Race" is. In the social media forum, we have a "Validation Race". That being some one will go to great lengths of depravity in which to publicize then receive validation for their immorality. The prevalence (no matter how small) of the Knock Out Game is demonstration of this. How many times in the news have we seen criminals in the act of filming their crime AS THEY COMMIT THEM in order to later post their acts on line for some one to get them that good Ole Thumbs Up?

This variety of phenomenon can be summed up in a few simple questions:
Does anyone care what your food looks like? Then progress to...
Why should anyone (aside from a husband or boyfriend) care about a woman twerking?
With the exception of validation from your peers, why would you assault passerby and film it?

This is the subtle escalation that social media has taken us on. In our desire to be pat on the back for shocking exploits, those taken in by social media will then do more shocking things with the hopes of achieving more likes. Because of this desensitization, the shocking, absurd, and immoral have become more and more common place. The permeation of the explicit has become the norm, thus decaying now all of society, not just the media aspects of it.

It was hoping by now that my opponent would have revealed their side of the argument, however in light of last man standing, and an uncontested point of view, please, vote me.

Oh, and in celebration of my victory...
https://www.youtube.com...
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
"My opponent,whoever chooses to accept this debate, will have to prove that social media has played a bigger role than all other factors. My equally demanding burden will be to prove that social media has played a bigger role than all the other factors."

You made a mistake there . Your equally demanding burden should be to prove that social media has NOT played a bigger role then all the other factors.