remnant
ax123man

Socialism Is Better For the People than Capitalism

remnant

Pro

Socialism Is Better For the People than Capitalism.
Let's face it. Capitalist countries: Poor or no poor. You can't afford it, you can afford it.
Socialism shows the citizens that there are opportunities, such as hospital fees.
Socialism doesn't just tell their citizens they don't have hope
ax123man

Con

I'm not 100% sure what your saying but, what the hay, I'm never one to turn down a debate on socialism.
remnant

Pro

remnant forfeited this round.
ax123man

Con

This is unfortunate, but I'll take this opportunity for a rebuttal of sorts along with an extremely short discussion providing points of my own.

I honestly don't know what to say about this.

A hospital fee is an opportunity? I'm guessing Pro's point here is that it's bad that one has to pay for health care. One has to wonder about an individual who sees the act of having someone else pay their hospital fees as an opportunity. I'll mention just a few other problems with this line of thinking:

1) there have been no policy changes to address the inevitable increase in demand that comes from socializing health care. The result is as expected: ever increasing prices

2) socialism results in reverse incentives. Those who feel they are owed something tend to feel it is reasonable to live off of others while having a reduced feeling of self-worth and minimizing the value of virtue.

3) individuals are less likely to take care of themselves because the cost of medical care is zero.

4) socialism tends to destroy the price system which is a critical part of a health economy.

It concerns me when individuals base their hope on the wealth of others. But more so than that, it concerns me that individuals think there is no hope unless government provides it. This is the same government that, on average, keeps about 70% of welfare related taxes for "administrative" expenses while private charity only keeps 30%. [1] This could possible explain why recently Washington DC overtook Silicon Valley, CA as the richest are in the country. [2]

If it is hope the poor want, it seems clear that a corrupt and coercive government does not hold the answers.

[1] http://mises.org...
[2] http://washington.cbslocal.com...
remnant

Pro

remnant forfeited this round.
ax123man

Con

See round 2 arguments.
This was quite a stirring debate, but all good things come to an end...