LiberalActivist
Barricade

Socialism for America?

LiberalActivist

Pro

I support converting America to a socialist democracy. I know you are already calling me a "red" or a "Moscow agent" but let me share my opinion. Socialism would be extremely beneficial for the U.S. the economic and social benefits of government health (not "Obama-care") and state owned businesses (not all) are nearly infinite. Health care could begin to improve living conditions throughout the country and the state owned businesses could reduce the federal budget deficit and provide funding for the fore-mentioned health care. In a socialist system in the U.S. Unions should be in every workplace even if it was previously de-unionized. Also, in the conversion to Socialism, our education programs should be revamped, putting an emphasis on math and science. Mental health care should also be revamped, and instead of mainstreaming them, mentally handicapped students should be educated separately from the rest, allowing them to receive the attention they need. Socialism is a needed change for America however, Socialism is right for America but only if rights of the people are preserved.
Barricade

Con

"Socialism would be extremely beneficial for the U.S. the economic and social benefits of government health"

Exactly how would socialism be beneficial to the U.S. Economy? Lets take a look at the 10 richest countries in the world
1.
United States (Democracy)
$15,660,000,000,000
2.
China (Socialism)
$12,380,000,000,000
3.
India (Democracy)
$4,784,000,000,000
4.
Japan (Democracy)
$4,525,000,000,000
5.
Germany (Democracy)
$3,123,000,000,000
6.
Russia (Democracy)
$2,504,000,000,000
7.
Brazil (Democracy)
$2,362,000,000,000
8.
United Kingdom (Democracy)
$2,323,000,000,000
9.
France (Democracy)
$2,253,000,000,000
10.
Italy (Democracy)
$1,834,000,000,000

source http://www.aneki.com...

Explain how state owned businesses will "reduce the federal budget deficit and provide funding for the fore-mentioned health care."

"In a socialist system in the U.S. Unions should be in every workplace even if it was previously de-unionized."So now I'm supposed to pay union dues to work plus taxes to the state and the government as well as health care and whatever else is added before i get my check... sounds awesome

"mentally handicapped students should be educated separately from the rest, allowing them to receive the attention they need." You mean like special Ed.?

"Socialism is a needed change for America" That is purely opinion

"Socialism is right for America but only if rights of the people are preserved." Considering many socialist governments become oppressive to its people how could you guarantee this? If you cannot guarantee that this would not happen then by your own statement you lose this debate.
LiberalActivist

Pro

First of all I do not support socialist dictatorships or dictatorships of any kind which is why in my FIRST sentence I stated "I support converting America to a socialist democracy.", secondly lets check your (mostly wrong) facts, for the first five countries, on your list of the ten richest countries. *NOTE: I posted the corrections only, not the incorrect facts
1. U.S. (Democracy)
$14.99 trillion GDP (2011), ($16 trillion in debt [currently])

2.China (Communist)
$7.38 trillion GDP (2011)

3.India (Parliamentary Democracy)
$1.873 trillion GDP (2011)

4. Japan (Constitutional Monarchy)
$2335.4 trillion GDP (2011)

5. Germany (Socialist Democracy)
$3.601 trillion GDP (2011) *spearheaded economic bailouts in Euro-zone countries

Source: World Bank http://databank.worldbank.org...

You twisted facts in your favor and I admit I may have too (but I'll admit it and also admit it goes on in every branch of every government).

State Businesses will boost the economy due to the products they would make and sell in the U.S. providing a significant source of income (though I have not crunched the numbers) likely enough to sustain health care and possibly have leftover to reduce the deficit (little by little).

Yes, pay your Union dues that help ensure you get good pay and good working conditions, Ideally tax percentages would be equal across the board meaning those who have the most money will pay the same as those who have the least. Between tax income and A FEW state owned businesses the health care will likely be cheaper than it is.

Special Education is exactly what I meant because mainstreaming the mentally handicapped does not get them the attention they need to function at least somewhat independently in adult life and allow them to have a good education.

Yes, I did use multiple opinions but the point of debating is to present your opinion, and quite frankly, the only things that are not opinions are scientific and mathematical facts.

You can not guarantee anyone's rights in ANY country but you can work to allow them their rights like was done by our founding fathers. The reason people are oppressed in some communist and socialist countries is greed. Let me explain:
With billions flowing in and out of the government the weak willed give into corruption and money laundering and to keep it secret they pay people off and crackdown on free speech and the press again and again until the people have no rights. The solution is simple, elect trustworthy leaders with integrity! I know its a novel idea and people like that are hard to come by but every type of government in every country needs more people like that.

Also I may seem like I am simply speculating, mainly because there is no way for anyone to guarantee anything without proven facts and numbers "crunched" and checked multiple times which is impossible to do in the short time provided for this debate due to the extensive information gathering and work required for it .
Barricade

Con

Barricade forfeited this round.
LiberalActivist

Pro

Well I'll start out by saying this: My opponent has deactivated his account.

In order to keep it fair, I won't post anything supporting my side or bashing his because he can no longer defend himself or support his side.

So, vote for which one of us you feel like but I beg you to READ THE WHOLE DEBATE PLEASE.
Barricade

Con

Barricade forfeited this round.
Posted by LiberalActivist 4 years ago
LiberalActivist
WTF? The guy I was debating with deactivated his account! Guess I win by default?
Posted by Zooba 4 years ago
Zooba
I just want to know, what do we do with the people who want something for nothing? The basic tenet of socialism is that what is yours is everyone's. Essentially, they would be allowed this, unless there were some sort of punishment in place, in which case it no longer is socialistic but dictatorial.
Posted by JohnnyC 4 years ago
JohnnyC
Con clearly misunderstands what Socialism is.