Capitalistslave
HughJasol

Socialism is a failed economic system

Argument Due
We are waiting for HughJasol to post argument for round #1. If you are HughJasol, login to see your options.
01day10hours05minutes00seconds
Started: 12/1/2016 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 day ago Status: Debating Period

Capitalistslave

Con

Pro is of course arguing in favor of the above statement in the title.
Rules:
1) Burden of proof lies with pro.
2) Pro may begin their argument in round 1, but to keep things even since I am not using round 1 for debate, they should not use the last round for argument or debate, or else I will ask this debate to be deleted if they do.
3) No Kritik
4) Be careful not to use logical fallacies and be sure to cite sources: all uncited "facts" will be dismissed.

Here is an outline of how the rounds will go:
Round 1: con-outline of rules; pro-first argument
Round 2: con-First argument; pro-rebuttals, 2nd argument
Round 3: con- rebuttals, 2nd argument; pro- rebuttal/conclusion, no new arguments should be made, only pointing out flaws in con's reasoning should happen here
Round 4: con- Rebuttal/conclusion, no new arguments made here either. Pro- waive this round: you should comment something, but no arguments or refuting what con said.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 day ago
Capitalistslave
I didn't define socialism because this debate will be about all forms of socialism. So, pro will be arguing for that all forms of socialism are failures, and I will be arguing for that at least one form of socialism is not a failure.

However, if you find that unfair then we can settle on one definition. I could limit it to the form of socialism that means "democratic/social/worker control of the means of production" and that would exclude the form of socialism that is government control of the means of production as well as syndicalism which is another form of socialism.

HughJasol: you can pick which you'd rather debate about: do you want it done the first way I mentioned or debate solely on the definition I provided? We should probably settle this before you give your first argument
Posted by Phenenas 1 day ago
Phenenas
You're going to have to define socialism. It's not a concrete idea.