Socialism is a failed economic system

Nationalsocialist1488 has forfeited round #1.
Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Started: 12/4/2016 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

I am doing this debate over again since my opponent previously didn't post arguments in time

I made this debate impossible to accept. I will choose my opponent. Please comment if you wish to debate me. In addition, I am doing judge voting. To be fair, I will allow my opponent to choose up to 5 judges, and I will choose the same amount they have chosen. Comment the usernames of the people you wish to be judges. If you're okay with not choosing any judges, then I will just have them chosen.

Pro is of course arguing in favor of the above statement in the title.
1) Burden of proof lies with pro.
2) Pro may begin their argument in round 1, but to keep things even since I am not using round 1 for debate, they should not use the last round for argument or debate, or else I will ask this debate to be deleted if they do.
3) No Kritik
4) Be careful not to use logical fallacies and be sure to cite sources: all uncited "facts" will be dismissed.

Here is an outline of how the rounds will go:
Round 1: con-outline of rules; pro-first argument
Round 2: con-First argument; pro-rebuttals, 2nd argument
Round 3: con- rebuttals, 2nd argument; pro- rebuttal/conclusion, no new arguments should be made, only pointing out flaws in con's reasoning should happen here
Round 4: con- Rebuttal/conclusion, no new arguments made here either. Pro- waive this round: you should comment something, but no arguments or refuting what con said.

Definitions of terms:
Socialism: democratic/social/worker ownership and control of the means of production.
Posted by Nationalsocialist1488 1 year ago
Unfortunately I have forfeited this debate. I'm going to probably stop debates for about 2-3 weeks and start again later.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Nationalsocialit1488: I don't understand how you were able to accept this debate. I had the minimum age 20, and the maximum age at 14. It shouldn't have been possible to accept yet. Oh well, I take it you're okay with not choosing judges for this debate then? I was going to have pro offer judge suggestions.

Overnight: Well, the burden of proof would be on both of us technically, however the claim is that socialism is a failed economic system so burden of proof first goes to the person claiming that. The position that doesn't need proof is to not take a position regarding socialism.
I am going to accept your challenge and prove that Socialism, especially Marxist Socialism, is a failed economic system.
Posted by Overnight 1 year ago
I think Con should have burden of proof. Since he has to prove why it is a successful system.