Capitalistslave
Nationalsocialist1488

Socialism is a failed economic system

Nationalsocialist1488 has forfeited round #1.
Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Started: 12/4/2016 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Capitalistslave

Con

I am doing this debate over again since my opponent previously didn't post arguments in time

I made this debate impossible to accept. I will choose my opponent. Please comment if you wish to debate me. In addition, I am doing judge voting. To be fair, I will allow my opponent to choose up to 5 judges, and I will choose the same amount they have chosen. Comment the usernames of the people you wish to be judges. If you're okay with not choosing any judges, then I will just have them chosen.

Pro is of course arguing in favor of the above statement in the title.
Rules:
1) Burden of proof lies with pro.
2) Pro may begin their argument in round 1, but to keep things even since I am not using round 1 for debate, they should not use the last round for argument or debate, or else I will ask this debate to be deleted if they do.
3) No Kritik
4) Be careful not to use logical fallacies and be sure to cite sources: all uncited "facts" will be dismissed.

Here is an outline of how the rounds will go:
Round 1: con-outline of rules; pro-first argument
Round 2: con-First argument; pro-rebuttals, 2nd argument
Round 3: con- rebuttals, 2nd argument; pro- rebuttal/conclusion, no new arguments should be made, only pointing out flaws in con's reasoning should happen here
Round 4: con- Rebuttal/conclusion, no new arguments made here either. Pro- waive this round: you should comment something, but no arguments or refuting what con said.

Definitions of terms:
Socialism: democratic/social/worker ownership and control of the means of production.
Posted by Nationalsocialist1488 1 year ago
Nationalsocialist1488
Unfortunately I have forfeited this debate. I'm going to probably stop debates for about 2-3 weeks and start again later.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Nationalsocialit1488: I don't understand how you were able to accept this debate. I had the minimum age 20, and the maximum age at 14. It shouldn't have been possible to accept yet. Oh well, I take it you're okay with not choosing judges for this debate then? I was going to have pro offer judge suggestions.

Overnight: Well, the burden of proof would be on both of us technically, however the claim is that socialism is a failed economic system so burden of proof first goes to the person claiming that. The position that doesn't need proof is to not take a position regarding socialism.
Nationalsocialist1488
I am going to accept your challenge and prove that Socialism, especially Marxist Socialism, is a failed economic system.
Posted by Overnight 1 year ago
Overnight
I think Con should have burden of proof. Since he has to prove why it is a successful system.