chrisl3
KalleAnka123

Socialism is evil

chrisl3 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

chrisl3

Pro

Socialism is a political ideology that has become very popular with the rise of Bernie Sanders in this country. I hear all the arguments against socialism as well its a great idea but won't ever work. That is an argument that I find stupid. I will be arguing that socialism by its very nature is an evil ideology, and has never in its history not destroyed the fabric of the countries it has taken over.

Round one. accpetance
round 2 and 3; arguments and rebuttals
round 3; closing statements
KalleAnka123

Con

I accept the argument. But just to clarify, are we talking about real pure socialism (i.e. communism), the ideology that Bernie Sanders promotes (which I would classify as social liberalism at most) or are we using socialism as a shorthand for social democracy (something people do quite often)? I'll argue for any one of them, but I'd prefer one of the latter ones.