Hunts
jakemg

Socialism

Hunts

Hunts

Pro

I will allow my con opponent to go first.
jakemg

Con

Socialism is one of the most controversial ideas of the 20th century, but unfortunately it"s a philosophical idea. There are many attributes to socialism that I believe if achieved would be good, like a more open sourced platform; however, it has failed multiple times to become successful or reach the ideal that it strives for[1], and I don't think that's entirely because of the power of the opponents. What I see is a lack of an underlying system or method to facilitate or organize the society and its goals. Socialism doesn't have the means to bring about complete equality short of everyone just simply agreeing on it. Socialism has all these ideas that can never be accomplished because there was no way to make the correct decisions and truly solve problems, but instead what so often happened was that socialism became a catalyst for an authoritarian system.

I"m here to argue that instead of political philosophy that is impossible to achieve our society should start to use the methods of science to operate a socioeconomic system, and that is how we can achieve complete equality.
[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
Hunts

Pro

" it has failed multiple times", Let's look at every single industrialized country in the world. All but one, the United States has socialized medicine or universal medical care. They all have some welfare program in place, another socialist program. The list goes on so please explain to me once more how socialism has "failed multiple times." In the United States, a capitalist country, the number one cause of bankruptcy is medical costs. If the States used a socialist program... Universal health care this problem would no longer exist. As for the equality aspect, how is it fair that in the USA their is only the 1% while the other 99 are being pushed down and have no way to succeed. However if you are in a socialist state everyone makes enough to have a good standard of living, a recent study by the UN has determined that Sweeden is the happiest place to live, but it's a socialist country! How is that possible you say? It's because everyone has an equal start and equal quality care, such as medical, and home care. My wife was an American citizen and was born with epilepsy, of course she could not get help because it was a pre existing condition. We live in Canada and she has the same quality care as everyone else in Canada, so ask yourself is it fair that she gets help without having to pay for it?
jakemg

Con

jakemg forfeited this round.
Hunts

Pro

I have proven why socialism can and does work and therefore, he has forfeited the round.
jakemg

Con

jakemg forfeited this round.
Posted by jakemg 1 year ago
jakemg
I sorry i haven't been participating. I have had trouble with my internet and was unable to connect. this has caused me to loose this debate which is unfortunate but i accept that. sorry again for this misfortune.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
HuntsjakemgTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by gomergcc 1 year ago
gomergcc
HuntsjakemgTied