RepublicanMan
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Socialism

RepublicanMan

RepublicanMan

Con

The first round is acceptance only. My opponent is required to supply:

1) Thesis; arguments
2) Evidence
3) No blogs, but reliable, reputable sources.
4) Factual arguments, not opinion based ones.

The rules are simple: No trolling, no pointless posts, you need an argument for each round (not having all three will count against you).

If you accept, good luck to you.
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Pro

A political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.
RepublicanMan

Con

Socialism is not a successful government and no matter how many times it has been attempted, it has been known to cause a mess of chaos. When I think of Socialism, I think of a very different countries from a few different time periods. Not a single country today (if you ask most people) is actually 100% Socialist. I first think of Soviet Russia when I think of Socialism, because that was the biggest Socialist State. But when I think of that, I also think of purges, starvation, poverty, lack of employment, no laws, no crimes punished, etc. I think of the masses being moved by the illusion of Socialism, but being hit with the shock of a world where you are lucky to get a loaf of bread.

The government tries to evenly spread out money along the nation in Socialism, so that there are no income-based classes in the system. Unfortunately enough, instead of everyone being rich (as most presume it would be in an ideal Socialist nation), everyone seems to be made poor or somewhere in the middle. The thing about this countries is that business flourish, the military expands, and families still struggle to get food on the table and money in the house. With no real people owning businesses but the government, people become too reliant on the government and no one really achieves anything besides getting the necessities of life. It wouldn't shock me if I looked down the street in a Socialist State and saw a parade of revolutionaries coming my way! I would just randomly see the people of Capitalism or the people of a world where you are independent.

In America, the rich top 1% of the nation own about 60% of the nation's wealth. In a Socialist State, that would not happen. But with the sacrifice of no 'richer' or 'poorer' citizens, everyone is practically made Middle Class. And everyone who owns a business is withdrawn from said business; the government controls all production, industrialization, etc. So in order to get more money than others you would need some sort of an underground business running.

My main reason for not liking this form of government is trying to envision a world where no one is poorer or richer and everyone pretty much is in the middle. I don't like the idea of the government controlling it all or even spread in society either. It's just not my cup of tea and I wish to see it fully diminish some day.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." -Winston Churchill.

http://www.tfpstudentaction.org...
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Pro

"The United States military is the largest and most funded socialist program in the world. "It operates thanks to our taxpayer dollars and protects the country as a whole. From the richest citizens to the homeless who sleep under the bridge. We are all protected by our
military whether we pay taxes or not. This is complete socialism.R32;Those roads and highways you drive on every single day are completely taxpayer funded. Your tax dollars are used to maintain, expand, and preserve our highways and roads for every one's use. President Eisenhower was inspired by Germany's autobahn and implemented the idea right here in America. That's right, a republican president created our taxpayer funded, national highway system. This was a different time, before the republican party came down with a vicious case of rabies that never went away.
Ever had a situation where you had to call the police? Then you have used a taxpayer funded socialist program. Anyone can call the police whether they pay taxes or not. They are there to protect and serve the community, not individuals. This is complete socialism on a state level, but still socialism all the same. Would you rather have to swipe your credit card before the police will help you?
Hopefully you have never had a fire in your home. But if you have, you probably called your local taxpayer-funded fire department to put the fire out. Like police, this is state socialism. You tax dollars are used to rescue your entire community in case of a fire. It use to be set up where you would pay a fee every month to the fire dept. for their service. If you didn't pay, they let your house burn down. Sadly, a man from Tennessee had this exact situation happen to him in 2011 because he didn't pay his $75.00 fee. I guess that small town in Tennessee would rather let people's houses burn down that resort to evil socialism. So don't take for granted the fact that you have a 24/7 fire dept. to put out your burning home thanks to socialism.
Did you go to College? If you did, you family might not have been rich enough to pay your way through. So you got your education anyway through student loans and grants from the federal government at taxpayer expense. Of course you have to pay back the loans, but if not the government, did you know anyone else who was going to lend you tens of thousands of dollars? Probably not. So the taxpayers lent you the money and you paid it back with slight interest. The government grants you accepted were gifts from the taxpayer and the federal government that you did not have to pay back. Socialism got you through school.
Taxpayer dollars are used to have places to dump all of our garbage that is collected by taxpayer funded garbage men.
Our government uses taxpayer funds to pay farmers and businesses to provide their income and keep them growing food for the public.
You pay a tax to help ensure that our grandparents and senior citizens of America have money to live off of when they are retired or too elderly to work. I love hearing rich people bitch about this one because the truth is that they do not pay a social security tax, like most payroll taxes. This little piece of socialism helps prevent our senior citizens from sinking into poverty and starving to death.
Can't afford to send your children to an expensive private school? Thanks to socialism and government, you child can still get an education. Public education has been under attack for decades in this country by the radical right because public schools don't teach Christianity to your children and it enables people like Barack Obama to work hard, gain scholarships, and eventually become President of the United States.
This is the type of socialism that is acceptable in the Republican party. You tax dollars are given to big corporations to do things they should be doing anyway out of morals and ethics. Like not sending jobs overseas and hiring people. Wouldn't you like a nice big check just for not breaking the law? To be fair though, many businesses do earn their subsidies by advancing green technology and practice, donating to charity, helping communities, etc. They aren't all bad. People just get mad when big billionaire oil companies get billions of their taxpayer dollars while they're paying $4 at the pump. For the corporations that don't earn their subsidies other than donating to their very own political party, it's merely welfare. Though however you look at it, it is socialism."
These are reasons I think Socialism works.

http://www.dailykos.com...#
RepublicanMan

Con

RepublicanMan forfeited this round.
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Pro

Well I guess I win!
Posted by RepublicanMan 2 years ago
RepublicanMan
I would like to state that I had no access to my internet for the rest of the debate. I would like to re-zed are thIs if you wish. Voters, feel free to vote for the Con, or for me, whichever you choose.
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
I'm not suer if Pro is actually for resolution.
Vote Placed by Rhodesia79 2 years ago
Rhodesia79
RepublicanManBEASTxKNIGHTx12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though Con didn't finish the debate, he still blew his opponent out of the water. Both provided sources, even though Cons made much more sense.