Max.Wallace
TheAlias6

Socialists, schools of fish, lemmings

TheAlias6

Max.Wallace

Con

Socialists basically have one mentality, to gather the most people in agreement to their cause, and to run off the cliff in the end, or into the mouth of the shark. That is why socialists should not be elected.
TheAlias6

Pro

Thanks for the debate! Hope it's fun.

1. Socialism is tried and proven method of running an economy that is very prevalent today. China has one of the biggest and most successful economies in the world. This has allowed them to become one of the most powerful countries of our era. In addition, the Chinese economy sells cheap goods to the United States and many European countries as well which allows their economies to grow and expand. In addition, socialism is the main idea behind many of the United State's welfare programs which not only helped haul it out of the great depression in the 1940's but have contributed to it being an economic powerhouse for the past 70 years.

2. Socialism allows for more equality. While capitalism simply leaves behind anyone for any reason, socialism ensures that the government is fulfilling its role to the people in the social contract. The people agree to pay taxes and be law-abiding, productive citizens and in turn the government should provide the opportunity to get the necessities to live. Socialism is the best way to do that for everyone whereas other systems simply discount others because they are not worth enough or do not have enough money.

3. Supporting socialism is not only an expression of one's right to free speech and expression but provides an addition idea in which we can and most definitely should weigh our current systems and practices against in order to determine the most beneficial.

Rebuttal to Con 1: First, you have no proof of any socialists jumping off cliffs or jumping into shark mouths. On top of that, if there was record of such an occurrence a simple topicality argument would show it has nothing to do with the debate at hand.

In addition, someone should be elected if a majority of the voters agree with their policies not just because their idealogy has a certain name.
Max.Wallace

Con

Max.Wallace forfeited this round.
TheAlias6

Pro

I extend my arguments in addition to this: Saying that only socialists want to get the most people to agree with their cause is simply not correct. All politicians want more people to agree with their policies so that they can be elected into office. This applies to ALL politicians not just socialists.
Max.Wallace

Con

Max.Wallace forfeited this round.
TheAlias6

Pro

All contentions continued.
Max.Wallace

Con

Max.Wallace forfeited this round.
TheAlias6

Pro

All previous content extended.
Max.Wallace

Con

Max.Wallace forfeited this round.
TheAlias6

Pro

I believe I have won this debate because my points still stand uncontested and my opponent's have been thoroughly defeated.

Thanks for the debate!
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
this debate was rigged intentionally and placed at the top to evidence me as a forfeiture. pure and simple.
Posted by TheAlias6 3 years ago
TheAlias6
There was 7 days for a challenger to accept.... On this fair website.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
at what time? after I wrote this and 15 minutes passed, the debate should have been closed, in a fair country.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
what time did I write the debate?
Posted by TheAlias6 3 years ago
TheAlias6
This is my second debate bro. And I just accepted it when I saw it. Not my fault you only gave yourself 15 minutes to reply.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
follow the timeline, which will most likely be edited by the sources of this forum, my debate was for 15 minutes and several hours later some sniper jumps in? hmmmmm...... doesn't pass the smell test.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
I will redo this, with a longer limit.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
the powers that be sandbagged me, you may be next.
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
bsh1 just noob snipe it xD
Posted by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
I would accept this, but you don't seem like the open-minded type--i.e. you've already made up your mind on socialism.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Max.WallaceTheAlias6Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by AlternativeDavid 3 years ago
AlternativeDavid
Max.WallaceTheAlias6Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by TorqueDork 3 years ago
TorqueDork
Max.WallaceTheAlias6Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Do I even have to explain? Forfeits lead to default win.