Societies impact on enviroment

Killerchicken12 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Polluted rivers , Climate change and growing social divide has the convenience of modern society been worth all the current global issues?

Though I have had some minor confusion about what opinion you were taking, I am assuming you are taking the Position of: "No, modern society is not worth what we did to the environment".
In this case, I would be glad to debate you.
As the burden of proving his/her point is on Pro, I will give him the privilege of going first.

Before we start the debate, I would like to put out some definitions:
Society: The environment and social structure made by Humans, and for the benefit of humans.
Environment: The environment and social structure naturally occurring in a biome or species.

I would also like these two questions answered:
1- Do you wish to debate the Moral, Religious, or materialistic aspect of the topic. Or all three?
2- Are you Christian, and what culture do you come from?

Keen observation in my lack of clarity found myself a bit confused as well. Supposed I was just focused to much on the actual issue instead of position lol. But if I had to really choose , at this current time It may still be "Con" but I still love the humans in the end though. Thanks for seeing past that and calling it out !

Before Debate Definitions:
(quick google)
the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.
"drugs, crime, and other dangers to society"
synonyms:the community, the (general) public, the people, the population; More
an organization or club formed for a particular purpose or activity.
"the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals"
synonyms:association, club, group, circle, fellowship, guild, lodge, fraternity, brotherhood, sisterhood, sorority, league, union, alliance
"a local history society"

So yes lol !

Environment : Yes !

But as we progress, much more precise definition of these words will be required by default.
Otherwise I agree to your terms.

Your Questions:
1- "Do you wish to debate the Moral, Religious, or materialistic aspect of the topic. Or all three?"
Great question ! I already like were this is going !! So to keep things relevant to our present moment we can start off with.....
1st. Materialistic
3rd. Religious
This seems like a nice progression.

2- "Are you Christian, and what culture do you come from?"
Nope not a Christian , at this point I follow no known religion. I've spent some time in many of them , mostly family related or self study though. Mother was Christian father studied Islam ,needless to say they were unable to coexist for some odd reason. I just landed somewhere in the middle. Really just a American boy from Missouri I guess .

Understanding the fundamentals of modern society and it's inner workings leaves the most logical of thinkers puzzled. The current "modern" society with each of it's moving parts makes it difficult to speak from only 1 personal perspective without equating for every possible factor . Which is what we are attempting . For me it helps to simply follow the breadcrumbs.

Fun way of thinking of this is

Captain America vs Iron man !!
Caveman Vs Modern Man
Were I am the caveman and you the modern . Fair ?

It is not hard to see the impact we have had on our world when looking through the eyes of our ancestors. Advancements in science and technology has transformed the landscape and made life much more comfortable for us all.

Urban sprawl , Interstate freeways and major metropolis can been seen for many as a testament to human ingenuity. It has taken hundreds of years for humans to force their will upon this planet and shape her to our image.

Cars ,Homes, The internet may not have been possible without modern society, but there is still cause and effect that has largely gone noticed .

If I am a caveman in today's world or heck Native American even . I can firmly stand behind modern society is not in the interest of the greater good. But I believe there is hope.
Posted by Killerchicken12 1 month ago
Forgive my forfeit. I was on an un-expected trip to a funeral half-way across the country.... Con, Please continue the debate, as I do not require equal forfeit if you do not wish. I will get back to you in the next round.
Posted by MattWalker 1 month ago
Your correct but for some strange reason I feel a disconnect . For a different view I suppose it could be rephrased as "is societies impact on society worth the environmental shifts such as polluted rivers etc..... " That is of course assuming one considers "society" apart of the enviroment. But this still kinda makes no sense . And this is my first ever debate so I may be getting ahead of myself.
Posted by extian 1 month ago
I'm not sure I understand your resolution. What about "Societies impact on environment" are you arguing against? It seems like your opening statement should be your resolution instead.