Tyler5362
ManofFewWords

Society and Science

Tyler5362

Pro

First stage is for acceptance and first rebuttal.

Question:
Why does society deny the benefits of Science?
i.e. Parents denying their kids vaccination to prevent disease and illness.
ManofFewWords

Con

Question:

Answer:

Because the emotionally value of the benefits of science are outweighed by the emotional reward of remaining loyal to their god.
Tyler5362

Pro

I am all for science! I, myself, am an atheist. I believe that society needs to get used to science. If you want to improve the human condition; you must accept that is what Science is trying to do.
ManofFewWords

Con

ManofFewWords forfeited this round.
Tyler5362

Pro

My opponent has forfeited which means he had to argument to counter what I said. I believe I won...
ManofFewWords

Con

ManofFewWords forfeited this round.
Posted by Ozzyhead 3 years ago
Ozzyhead
Your opponent's account has been closed. He will not be able to complete this debate
Posted by 2Sense 3 years ago
2Sense
Sorry for my grammatical mistakes. Wrote it in a hurry and didn't bother to proofread x(
Posted by 2Sense 3 years ago
2Sense
Depends on what position you want people to argue from. Some people may not reject science in its completion, but may become uneasy when it challenges their personal beliefs. Others may try to rely both on their beliefs and science.

And then there's people like me, who don't reject science, but recognize its flaws. On a societal level, science draws its conclusions too much from a one-sided source. Take Western-world psychology, for example. Must of the data obtained is based on the "standard" individual (i.e. white, male, middle class, etc.) and applies observed psychological behavior to all groups based on that one standard when in all actuality, psychological could vary between a number of groups. But those other groups are never considered.

Other issues could be how science participates in hindering the rights of individuals. Project Camelot would be an example. Another sensitive example would be the studies that go into abortions that justifies the woman giving birth even if she herself wishes not to.

These could all be reasons why people "reject" science, and I'm curious as to what presumptions towards science you're basing your question on.
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
I don't think people do, they just reject the science.
Posted by Tyler5362 3 years ago
Tyler5362
Why society rejects most of which science is trying to do. Science is trying improve the human condition.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
What is it that you want to debate?