PeterGoldsmithhhh
SebastianShaw

Society is making children become softer and less competitive

PeterGoldsmithhhh

Con

Society is making children becoming softer and less competitive. School and even sports are becoming places where children are being coddled and face little to no competition. School's physical education classes are abolishing games that students can be "out" or eliminated. Nowadays every child is a winner for merely participating in sports events. Years ago, the term "winner" was a title that was fought for and awarded to the person that fought the hardest. Now every child gets a ribbon for just showing up. The term "loser" is being struck from every child's vocabulary. Sports are teaching kids that they do not necessarily need to try hard to be rewarded. Where school and sports might be trying to create friendly environments for children to be, they are actually depriving them of skills needed for the real world. Institutions need to understand that winning and losing are part of life and that children need to get used to competition.
SebastianShaw

Pro

If your premises are valid, I agree with your conclusion. However, I don't think you can establish the premises, which is why I've decided to debate you. This argument will hinge on whether you can verify your premises or not. Good Luck!
PeterGoldsmithhhh

Con

PeterGoldsmithhhh forfeited this round.
SebastianShaw

Pro

SebastianShaw forfeited this round.
PeterGoldsmithhhh

Con

PeterGoldsmithhhh forfeited this round.
SebastianShaw

Pro

SebastianShaw forfeited this round.
PeterGoldsmithhhh

Con

PeterGoldsmithhhh forfeited this round.
SebastianShaw

Pro

SebastianShaw forfeited this round.
PeterGoldsmithhhh

Con

PeterGoldsmithhhh forfeited this round.
SebastianShaw

Pro

SebastianShaw forfeited this round.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
...a side note...as an exercise teacher, there is a shocking lack of muscular development in the youngsters.

It has a name, "lowtone". "Tone" is about sound, not muscle. But the kids do not do chores or run around or climb or wrassle around.

They are ready for Matrix pods!
Posted by Taylur 3 years ago
Taylur
Interesting debate. I think I'm siding with Con, so I can't accept this challenge. Although I'd argue that, in regards to school races, the person who comes first is intrinsically going to feel like the 'true' winner regardless of the "everyone wins" mentality.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
you should be pro on this