Society should be more tolerant of 'the love that dare not speak its name'

Personally, I am very tolerant of men who are, you know, good with colours, just so long as they don’t try and queer up little boys, of course.

Naturally, I find repulsive the thought of what men who iron their socks get up to in the bedroom (or in public lavatories in the case of George Michael) but I believe that gentlemen who are fans of Billy Elliot have nothing to be ashamed of and that friends of Dorothy should be more widely accepted by society.

Unfortunately, many men who know what flowers are planted in their garden feel they have to keep their sexuality secret, especially in rural areas or in industrial cities where bad throwers are openly discriminated against.

I say, if you are a man who knows his way around a sewing box, don’t be embarrassed, stand up and proudly tell the world that you are, you know, one of them, because only this way will society become more tolerant of the love that dare not speak its name.

I, as Con, believe that men with brown fingers should not profess their activities and emotions in public, and should be kept as a private matter between the two and their social fellows. For there are social standards that each society must uphold, and the act of nancy boys confessing their actions publicly is perversion. What if pedobears were to do this? Sure, if a kiddycatcher does it, it will disgust more than that of a rear rusher did, and, of course, simply because something disgust someone does not mean it should be said, but there must be limits, and since men who watch the Bravo network is not of the norm and since is a perversion, it should be kept to ones self.

I'm not saying men who can't hold their farts in very well should not be proud or embarrassed by who they are, but there is no reason for an entire society to be tolerant of sexual deeds simply because they are becoming common place. Nor am I saying that people should discriminate bundles of sticks.

Sexuality should be between partners and not shown in public places, for both straight and crooked fellows. Of course, a peck on the lips is nothing to riot about--but even then there are limits. No parent wants their child to walk down the street only to see Steve with his tongue down Bob's throat, and although some are okay with heterosexuals doing the same, it, once again, does not mean a society as a whole has to be tolerant of that action.

I would like to thank Kenneth Stokes for accepting this debate and for posting such a sensitive and politically correct response.

First of all, we should be clear that not all pillow-biters are kiddy-fiddlers, far from it, even though stories of shirt-lifters abusing positions of trust to molest young boys seem to dominate the news these days. The reality is, however, that these scandals are actually quite rare. For example, so far this year, only one pope has been forced to resign amid allegations that he covered up the wholesale sexual abuse of choirboys that poofy paedophile priests committed during his tenure.

Now, of course I understand my opponent’s concerns regarding public decency but we should put them into perspective and remember that, over the years, gender-bending gentlemen have contributed a lot to the world, particularly in the field of entertainment.

Prominent among these mincing minstrels and arse-ramming artistes are the pansy-potting playwright Alan Bennett, the mattress-munching movie actor Ian McKellen and the puddle-jumping pop star Ricky Martin, none of whom care if people know they are uphill gardeners.

We need more high-profile harbour masters like them to set the example for entertainers such as Justin Bieber, Craig David, Keanu Reeves, Kevin Spacey, Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Cruise and John Travolta, all of whom are rumoured to have a poster of Cristiano Renaldo on their bedroom wall (1) but, presumably, are too ashamed to admit it.

Finally, I agree that nobody wants to see men who play the pink oboe snogging in public, but consider this, if the behaviour of men who order quiche in restaurants is more widely accepted then perhaps ladies who wear sensible shoes will also feel less inhibited about expressing their sexual preferences in public? I don’t know about you, but I for one would not be offended by the sight of two leggy blonde stunners frolicking together in a fountain on a hot summers day.

Although backside bumpers have done what could be considered a noteworthy contribution to the entertainment industry, they have also attributed to many negative aspects of it as well. Whether it be Justin Bieber's horrid music or Tom Cruise's wacky Scientology rants; they have angered more straight shooters than they've pleased. In fact, daisy prancers who pretend they don't fondle with other merry Matthews are only making us cat pounders look bad, which isn't fair.

And, of course, I would like to see two doting dames go at it in a fountain, but it still is indecent. My personal fetishes shouldn't entrench into the daily lives of others, as I expect the same from willy wankers everywhere. Although society should have more tolerant federal laws on men and women who wear the same clothes, society itself is not morally obligated to bend their ides in favor of those simply on a sexual basis.

I thoroughly enjoyed this debate. Thank you for being politically correct as well. But just to clear up the confusion, we're talking about homosexuals, right?
Posted by brian_eggleston 3 years ago
It's not really a proper debate so the votes don't really count in the same way as a normal was clearly just a bit of a laugh...there should be no winner or loser. You were a good sport, thanks for doing a great job.
Posted by Kenneth_Stokes 3 years ago
I'm quite upset that I lost with only one vote...
Posted by ockcatdaddy 3 years ago
i feel pro was a bit of a dick and should have no business representing the gay, bi, les, pan, or trans community you openly said you disliked it then you wentt and crticized them by making rude metaphors i personally am bisexual yet i say you sir a a royal a$$hole and i dislike the thought of you representing me you sir are an ignorant a$$shole. i have no plans on staying with a guy as i am happy with my girlfriend.
Posted by Alchemind 3 years ago
You two need mating partners, gay or straight.
Posted by RyuuKyuzo 3 years ago
That opening sentence had me in stitches.
Posted by debaterintraining 3 years ago
Yay for gay people! Go gay marriage!
Posted by xXCryptoXx 3 years ago
Do you speak of homosexuality or the love of doing womanly things? xD
Posted by YYW 3 years ago
The creativity Brian put into this was pretty great, indeed.
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
So many metaphors! LOL
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Sources to Pro because he used sources and arguments to Pro because he made quite a few arguments that remained untouched.