Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should we give money to the homeless?

Bryson3327

Challenge me. ...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Farming animals should be illegal

nil29
Eutropios1

I am for animal farming being illegal purely because of the detrimental environmental effects. It is the largest contributor towards global warming and environmental companies aren't doing anything about it. Due to animal agriculture, by 2050, Co2 emissions will have increased by 80%. It's destroying our planet and I can't understand why people are okay with this just because meat is 'tasty'. The amount of water that goes into a making one burger is 6000 litres. Think about how ridiculous the co...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

'Trigger Warnings' stifle debate

benjaminhunt
QueenDaisy

" Safe spaces and trigger warnings are being used as a cudgel to promote homogenous thinking and curb dissent in higher academia. College is supposed to be about learning, about perspective, and the free exchange of ideas. Confronting an opinion or worldview that you may not share, or may not have considered is NECESSARILY uncomfortable. This whole notion that anything that would make you uncomfortable needs a trigger warning, or creating physical areas for thought bubble in "safe spaces" is no...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Should Churched Be Bombed?

SuperTrooper44
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

no because no...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should children have the same freedom as adults?

emotioncloudsjudgement
Shadyy

The society that we live in has certainly changed since I was born in 2001. Young people have become more outspoken on issues concerning bullying, mental health, [exam] stress, and many, many more. However I find most circle around the issue of racism, immigration, social justice (including feminism), and the LGBTQ+ community. All of these I find are very emotional and 'tug at your heartstrings' - surely you must've seen charities that depict starving African children, tears rolling down their c...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Old people should have their legs cut off so they can't drive their cars

What50

Look old people still drive cars. And while their driving cars they are killing and hurting people. To stop this problem I propose we should cut off their legs in a surgery center so they can't drive their cars or even use their gas pedals....

Challenge Period
20 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Necrophilia should be legal

MonochromeEffigy
Jammie

I strongly believe that necrophilia ought to be legal. I will admit, I am a necrophiliac, so I am somewhat biased regarding this subject. I've heard the arguments against the legalization of necrophilia, and I've heard the proposed solutions to the problems. I'm going to expound upon what I believe to be the ideal system in which to practice necrophilia. To begin with, allow people the option to leave their body to necrophilia. Once someone has decided to leave their body to necrophilia, they...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should we streamline students based on their exam results

NDECD1441
Hamza_mazin

This is a school related subject. Should we streamline them based on their exams? 1st round is acceptance, 2nd round arguments and 3rd round is rebutals. Good luck....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abortion is Immoral.

bfkennedy
DethKnot

I will take the stance of Pro-Life. I believe that a fetus is considered a form of human life and has the rights a human has from the moment of fertilization to birth. A few things to begin, scientists have established that life begins at fertilization (Princeton). With this in mind, it is important to understand that an abortion at any week during the pregnancy is the taking of a life, regardless of the physical traits that the fetus has yet&n...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Should dog and cat owners have a payed license required, and a record check for the owner?

DebateMaster706
rsz42

We are in a day where dogs and cats should have a license. First of all, dogs can be trained to be a weapon, this opens opportunities for enemies. Another reason is cats, cats can also be trained, they just lack motivation to be easily trained. Dogs and Cats can be used any many other ways to. Including, tracking, covering tracks, disguises, and distractions. This could lower crime activity and make us live safer. This provides people with a clean record to have protection, punishing the people...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago