Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

should we be able to say "When pigs fly"?

fridgeratorshowerhandle
billyjoellover

when Pigs fly is a common saying but should it be that? Pigs feel pressured to grow wings and feel bad about their bodies and making them have to change. We don't want to change so neither should they. i used to be a pig and knowing the pressure is just to much. *tear* *tear*....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should Middle And High School Student Be Allowed To Eat In Class

KyleFTW
32doni32nido32

I think that student should be able to eat in class because you could go straight to learning right after lunch isn't that far away from whatever class you trying to go to. Usually, the cafeteria is on the bottom floor, some of your classes could be on the highest floor in the building. What I'm trying to say here is that eating your classroom it is more likely to be closer to whatever class you have next rather than the bottom floor. It makes easier to go to your next class rather than up....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

plastic bottles should be banned

Amy.butcher70
dgitelman

Plastics should be banned. In the ocean, plastics are killing thousands of animals each year! They don't decompose or benefit the environment in anyway. Even though we use them for daily use, animals shouldn't pay because you wish to consume some over-sugared drink. New scientists have discovered a type of material that can take the place of these plastic bottles, so why keep them around? We need to put a stop to the destruction of animal life and think before we take action. Factories that prod...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Flag Desecration is exercising one's freedom of speech

wdankeriv
ultimateavey123

Flag desecration, despite being an act of hate towards one's country, should be allowed. It is an infringement on one's freedom of speech to make flag desecration illegal. Why should the government be allowed to decide what we should not say? You cannot give the government power over you, for they will abuse that power eventually. All governments become corrupt. It is only a matter of time. (I do not condone flag desecration)...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

The Unknown God

FollowerofChrist1955

Since antiquity, Christians after the 1st Century have been growing further and further apart from God. Today God is virtually unknown by those who profess Him. One need only look at the evidence which is undeniable. After all, it doesn’t matter what you SAY … it is your ACTIONS that defines you? Today: Christians do not submit to God. They believe only what they WANT to believe. They pick and choose what scriptures mean to...

Challenge Period
19 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

There is more than 2 gender

minipaulq
Neumann-0

Hello, right now in this debate I am struggling to see which facts are right. My sister said there is more than 2 gender while other say there is only 2. I am very confuse about this topic and like to learn more about it. First I like to say that 1500 out of 1 people is intersex. This affect 0.05 % of people yet it is still affect 5 million people and we can't simply say there a male or female. Intersex people is born with a different chromosome and therefore have a male and a female genitals. G...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Should we really be targeting men?

32doni32nido32
Lizard3eyes

It seems that my previous debate on this topic seems to have magically disappeared (haven't been able to find it). Unfortunately for some of you, I copy and paste things into my google documents. Nice try. Part of the feminist movement seems to be targeting men for almost anything. Some women complain that there's "toxic masculinity" and that men should feel free to express their emotions. Meanwhile, the people saying that are sipping coffee out of their "male tears" mug. I agree with this to...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

HOW TO get Saved.

FollowerofChrist1955

Romans 10 What is REQUIRED to be SAVED! 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are...

Challenge Period
58 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

feminism

master-de-baiter
alex6704

I believe that feminism has gone to far and that women already have equal right already (except the whole women have to wear shirts thing that's stupid) pro starts...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Junk food should be banned

Maanasgreenway
ForTheRightReasons

Junk food should not be banned as many students from remote area come to stydy in cities. They ve no much options to satisfy their hunger. They usally do not have time for cooking food early or late night. Moreover it is convinient to purchase easily avialable food. If junk food is banned students have to travel a long distance each time to satisfy their hunger. Mostly they would avoid this and would leave their meal. This would also cause a bad effect on their health....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago