Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Racial profiling.

jisatsu

Honestly just trying to find points for my essay. Why racial profiling is good for society. We obviously know the cons. Also how it can benefit us....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 45 Minutes Ago

The United States ought to lower the drinking age from 21 to 18.

blvsian

So in round 1, both sides will simply be stating their opening position no attacks brought upon by either sides to allow for even rebuttals/attack rounds. So I will be Pro, I strictly believe that the United States should lower the drinking age from 21 to 18. This is partly due to the fact that 18 years of age is already considered to be an "adult" in the American society. This entails; right to vote, right to smoke, tried as an adult in court of law, jury duty, and much more. This being sai...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Semi Auto Handguns are more dangerous than AR15s

a1_weaksauce
BEING_GAY_IS_BAD

With all of the talk about banning AR15s to stop school shootings, I argue that semi automatic handguns are more dangerous than AR15s in this matter. Semiautomatic handguns are easier to conceal, fire at the same rate as an AR15, and have hollowpoint rounds that maximize damage on impact. AR15s are long range rifles that are nearly impossible to conceal and are not meant for close range targets....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Hunting is good for the economy and the environment

RhysEPC
BezoomnyBratchny

Hunting is very beneficial for economy and environment. Hunting has created approximately 700,000 new jobs and helps stabilize the animal population, so it doesn"t grow out of control. Hunters pay millions of dollars in taxes for their rifles, ammunition and licenses. Which benefits the economy. That money goes to land conservation and hunting and fishing programmes The Bible says that we are allowed to eat animals on many occasions so why would we stop hunting if God allows it and gives us perm...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Feminism is cancer of contemporary society

VAGNETTO
Solemnly_Sly

I believe, that gender equality is truly a noble goal, but feminism is not it. Feminism perpetuates sexism. If it was really about equality, it would not focus on women or men, but gender equality. Sadly, it does not. And we are all paying for it. "Feminists" just haven't figured it out yet, because they're usually too busy screaming about the inequalities they have to invent to remain relevant in some parallel universe. Feminism's original goal, equality, is not something I disagree with. But t...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Can gender equality in the workplace be achieved?

nastya_z
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

To start with, I should say, that according to Universal Declaration of Human Rights, there should be no discrimination on the basis of gender. Nevertheless, in most countries men occupy most of the prestigious and powerful positions. Also in many companies there is such thing as gender wage gap and "glass ceiling". While in the United States and a number of other countries, women now surpass men in educational achievement. The reason why there is gender inequality in workplace can lie in histor...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Water is not wet!

RhysEPC
Jug

Water in no way is wet. If you disagree then please debate me. I'm looking forward to whoever accepts my debate and good luck...

5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

D. Trump's travel ban. Is it a necessary measure or a hasty decision?

natusia3009
yahyaodatallah

First af all, the main point of this prohibition is that D. Trump signed an order banning people from seven Muslim-majority countries for 90 days and suspending all refugee entry. The measure, which also banned Syrian refugees indefinitely, prompted protests and multiple legal challenges. And the issue, that I want to raise here is: Is it a necessary measure or a hasty decision? In this debate I'm going to defend an opinion that Trump's decision is deliberate and might be. To start with, a...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

legally there should only be two genders male and female

704476
beansarefun

if someone can claim they are a female and they are transgender then does that allow them to use a women's restroom? that will leave children exposed to pedophiles who are saying that they too are female but really they are perverted and want to spy on little kids. you were born with one gender you can either impregnate or get impregnated there's no other gender and you cant become the other....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

America Belongs To White People

MulchAdo
Deondrase

Welcome to the debate! I am glad to be here. I and my opponent will be debating whether or not America belongs to white people. Specifically, I will be debating that it does not. My opponent's (Pro) task will be to create a superior opposing argument. They will be allowed to say whatever they want as long as it relates to the topic. We ask that readers and voters behave in a civilized, polite manner. If you vote on the topic, remember to vote based on the strength of our arguments ONLY....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago