Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Sports should be made compulsory at school

Shashidhar
nhatminh

Sports is very important for a person's fitness so sports should be made compulsory at school....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

IQ Tests are not a reliable measure of intelligence

BennyW
Emilrose

I will be arguing that IQ tests are not a reliable measurement of intelligence. This means that IQ tests are not sufficient to determine actual intelligence of a person. My opponent will be arguing that IQ tests are in fact a reliable method of measuring intelligence. FIrst round is for acceptance only....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abortion should be illegal world wide

Tmacdagreat
Masterful

Abortion is rang no one should murder there unborn child. If a women has a right to the choice of the abortion ,,well the baby has a choice and should have the right to live. Its Evil to kill a baby .there should be no argument because any rebuttal means your stance is kill a child infant you created. it makes no sense religious wise, morally makes no sense at all, and it shouldn't make legal sense because murders illegal....

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

LIVE DEBATE: Right to Housing

bsh1
FaustThe21st

IntroFaust accepted my open debate challenge to do a live debate and selected the housing topic and the Con position. This is a live, Lincoln-Douglas-style debate, which makes it all the more exciting for me, since I don't get to do these often anymore. This debate is scheduled to take place today (7/15/2017) around 11:30pm, EST.Since not all judges are familiar with the LD format or with live debates in general, I have nominated some judges who I be...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Some crimes should be punishable by death, as long as a much higher standard of proof is upheld.

Treepa
Lilieze

Round 1 is for acceptance only....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Same-sex marriage should be legal

Its_Jenvz
ChurnedCreamery

I believe that same-sex marriage should be legal. Rules : 1. Round 1 is acceptance 2.No new arguments in round 3 3.No forfeits...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Dogs are better than cats

JoeMon150
Lilieze

Dogs are better than cats. Dogs can help the disable for example. They do this through helping the hearing or vision impaired by alerting them of potential danger. They also can help notify others of the service dog"s owner"s health like seizures and low blood sugar. Service Dogs also help people with psychiatric problems, coping dogs. Dogs are pack animals, you are part of their pack and they will protect you with their life. They can alert you of any disasters, fires, intruders, storms, etc....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should anyone be allowed to purchase Vaporizers and or Vape Products?

Danny.Rooney
benschroeder43

Vaping, many parents new worry within their teenage child, although it's true I do occasionally take a hit, I do not own a vape for the reason being that I do not find it necessary in relation to the fact that everyone in my town owns one. I will first be defining a vaporizer as a device that generates a substance in a vapor form. By using the word vaporizer I do hope that people can figure out that I am excluding e-cigarettes such as Blu or Halo because of the fact that these are not include...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should we plant more tress

planetxero
bluesteel

Though everyone will not agree with me, yet, I want to present the idea that we should plant more trees due to the following reason, it will help global warming, animals will not get extinct and reduce the cost of air-conditioning cost. I have several reasons for thinking this concept. My first reason is that, planting more trees will help in the global warming. These trees take in carbon dioxide (CO2) and store it away in the process of photosynthesis. Photo means light and synthesis means,...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Religious Schools Should Be Banned

LuciferWept
sunny108

For Whatever Reason, this debate dropped from the Debates. I am making the argument that Religious Schools Should be Banned. By this I mean that all religious institutions that provide an alternative for public schooling should be illegal. This does not apply to countries where public schooling is not a thing. This is also not an attack on private schools altogether, only on religious schools.Rounds of Debate1) Present Your Position and M...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago