Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The US and a Western Allience should declare war against Islam:

RonPaulConservative
CosmoJarvis

Resolution:The United States should form an allience with all the free nations of the world, then, during a period of years, create massive economic growth through low taxes and low regulations enbable to create more GDP growth. We should then boost all of our military budgets to 20% of our GDP, and then, finally, declare war against Islam, a...

Debating Period
16 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Fashion is ruining the culture and society

Amaan83037
mmilankow

Fashion nowadays have ruined the culture and traditions across the globe. People are more concerned about the trends and fashion rather their cultures. Fashion has now become another name of nudity. People have a thought that being more nude will make them look more fashionable and attractive, but this is totally contrary of their empty thoughts!!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is bullying considered abuse?

pmorrie
Anonymously_Anonymous

I wanna know what everyone else's opinion is on this topic. I have done some research and i need answers. I need help to understand if it is....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Feminism

musiccalifornia
jo154676

I believe feminism is a real thing. The wage gap is a real thing too. There are many ways a women can not get a job because a man was also applying. If there was a woman and a man applying to become an astronaut, they'd most likely choose the man. That's only because people don't think that women should have that type of job. They think we should do more of the delicate careers....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

should the United States lift the cuban embargo

debateislit321

It is important to lift the Cuban embargo in order to allow the United States gets the access to Cuba"s medical biotechnology. There are 7000 scientists and engineers that produce new treatments and medications. According the World Health Organization, the Cuban biotech industry holds around 1,200 international patents and markets pharmaceutical products and vaccines in more than 50 countries " but not in the United States. Ending the embargo on these products could make life better for millions...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Unregulated Capitalism is a moral system, and is perfect as it is

Boris7698
joshuar1996

Many people support are pro capitalism with the proviso "it's not perfect but it works", and that it should be regulated. I claim on the contrary that laissez-faire capitalism, unregulated capitalism, is perfect, and is the best political system. And that there should be no regulation whatsoever. No ECC, FDA, FED etc. And no anti-trust laws. There should be only three things that are responsibilities of the government: the army, the police, and a judicial system. My argument is simple:...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

should students have to wear school uniforms

Jackson10000000
Odotellessa

What do u think should students wear school uniforms...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Civil Disobedience and Voluntary Punishment

bsh1
Lupricona

IntroChris and I were talking about Chelsea Manning, and this topic came up and we found ourselves on opposing sides. I think it is an interesting topic, to say the least, and I'd love to debate it with someone.The voting mechanism is select winner with an ELO threshold of 3000. The voting period is 2 weeks.TopicIn a functioning democracy, those who commit acts of civil disobedience against morally dubious law...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

The government should not run schools, all schools should be private.

Boris7698
NerdyTurtle

Just as food is not provided for free, yet is a necessity for life which must be earned by parents to feed their child, the same should apply to education. From the financial aspect, not all private schools would be expensive, just like not all grocery stores are expensive. Schools in poorer neighbourhoods would cost less, the price being set proportionately by Free Market. Cheaper schools will not have fancy facilities but still can provide good instruction. Education only requires enthusias...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Hate Speech

bsh1

IntroThis debate is currently impossible to accept. Please let me know if you're interested. If you accept without my express written permission, you automatically forfeit the debate and empower me to have Max reset it to its original condition.Some of you know that I am part of a minority on DDO that believes that a more restrictive approach to speech laws is justified and beneficial. While this topic is not specific to the United States, it does se...

Challenge Period
20 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago