Society's pressure is too much
Debate Rounds (3)
One can easily earn 1 million dollars gradually by saving and spending carefully.
We often deface the millionaire as being miserly. The man who works hard is praised more
than the man given everything
2. Information from tests aren't pointless as the lessons gradually build up on each other.
Knowledge of supply and demand helps you later in economics. Most Jobs require college
as the knowledge required takes needs to be taught early on. Even if it doesn't give you practical
experience at a job it will give you the basics which can the be applied practically.
4. America's best traits is it's optimism. Whether misplaced or not the fact we can have big dreams.
3. Societies goals and expectations mean nothing. You are who you are and should be proud of it. Don't feel
pressured to be something you are not.
4. If you feel wronged by society then work for change. Without people willing to challenge
the current state of affairs
Blacks would be slaves and no women would vote.
What if you wanted to be a doctor? what if you wanted to be a philosopher? These classes can't be learnt in just
2. The point of saying to pick your own goals isn't to deny society but to say the views of society don't matter so don't be
3. Society doesn't look at a man and say you must be successful. Many people work in a factory, many people work in the
field, many people follow their dreams and nobody look twice at them. Nobody hates the convenience store
worker. Nobody hates the average Joe with a 9 to 5 desk job. If that is the basis of failure than things are too high
4. The argument of just change society is that society can change, you don't have to either leave society or
accept the system. society was made to be changed. The constitution itself was designed to be changed.
5. Society is more than one's education and monetary standing. Again, America is a nation of optimists
6. What standard is it to be "successful," who defines "successful?" The only real thing which can make success is whether
you believe you have done all you could. As long as you continue trying you are more successful than most.
Rabiambaig forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||4|
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeit. As to arguments, I feel as though Pro was more rambling about his opinion of things than he was attempting to debate the resolution. He certainly offered his opinion--and Con countered the things Pro raised, neatly rebutting them and showing that Con's reasons, such as they were, were flawed, particularly in the way that Pro sees the central point of Society's "pressure". Arguments to Con. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.