wildpuffin
Samallama

Socks are the worst Christmas present ever

wildpuffin

wildpuffin

Con

Socks. The media always portrays them as the worst present. But I disagree you can have great fun with socks. Accept if you disagree, believing socks are the worst present ever. Informal debate with three rounds.
Samallama

Pro

I think it's the worst.
wildpuffin

Con

How can socks be the worst presents when they have so many uses?
First of all you can wear them as socks (you can never have enough socks).
Secondly you can get awesome novelty socks which are great for parties and ice breakers.
Thirdly you can make puppets out of them
Finally they can be given to someone else as a present consequently saving you money.
There are many other uses of socks but I shall not bore you with them.
Samallama

Pro

I do agree that socks can be used for many things but instead of socks that might cost around $7 ,(where I am at least),that amount of money could go into a small doll or a small toy car.i mean face it, your child would prefer a small doll or a small toy car instead of socks. As for adults, your wife might enjoy a bouquet of flowers for the same price or your husband might be able to get a new tie. Why socks? Get something better for the same price.
wildpuffin

Con

I know nobody who spend $7 on socks. Socks are presents bought buy people who do not wish to spend a lot of money. Plus a doll for $7 isn't going to be good quality you can make teddies and dolls out of socks , which is much more rewarding than just being given a toy. Plus there are much worse presents that sock that may even cost more than socks so price does not come it to it. For example my sister got an incredibly ugly wooden elephant which cost the buyer $9 this was much worse than socks as at least socks are useful.
Samallama

Pro

Socks? I still cannot go with socks. A child should have been receiving socks from their parents,I mean a parent's job is to make sure their child is well taken care of. When you get presents, it should be something special, not socks. The meaning of presents to get a special something that you wanted. Not socks.
Posted by Spiffy-Gonzalez 9 months ago
Spiffy-Gonzalez
People also use socks for finishing up certain things, if ya know what I mean? [: )
Posted by SamanthatheConservative 9 months ago
SamanthatheConservative
Left handed people are retards and all need to kts. Only right handed people are in their right minds. Lefties should catch a Zodiac sign.
Posted by Enoch 3 years ago
Enoch
I must say, I do appreciate a good sock, no matter what time of year I receive it.
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
wildpuffinSamallamaTied
Reasons for voting decision: First of all, this was a terrible debate. The only reason I can pick a winner out of this is because Con actually did refute what Pro was saying to some degree. Pro, on the other hand, clearly has no idea what a debate is, and consequently didn't refute anything.