RJ999999999RJ
funnycn

Soft drinks should be sold at school

funnycn

RJ999999999RJ

Con

In my opinion, I strongly believe that soft drinks shouldn"t be sold at schools, because soft drinks damages student"s behaviour, concentration, inhibitions, learning abilities and overall general health issues due to the community comments on www.debate.org/opinions/should-soda-be-sold-at-schools. For instance, it makes students aggressive, hyper, stimulant, defiant and disruptive; as well as it could distract student from concentrate on what they are doing.

Firstly, I confidently believe that soft drinks shouldn"t be sold at schools, because soft drinks are causing troubles on our behaviour, concentration, inhibition, learning abilities, overall general health caused by the ingredients of sugar, caffeine, additives and chemicals in the soft drinks. Bone breaking caused by the carbonate from soft drinks corrosion bones in our body and made our bones loss calcium & vitamin D; tooth decay caused by sugar from the soft drinks stuck in our tooth and grows bacteria in the plague, which gives us horrible yellow and smelling breath. So, I thought there is no use for schools to offer such expensive drinks that giving us more harm than good and no nutritional benefits, instead schools should using the money on sporting equipment, library books, stationaries, camps, excursions, uniforms and heaps more healthy choices for their students. For instance, soft drinks increasing obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney stones, caramel cancer, disabilities and other life damaging problems to us; all of these problems or issues. Due to scientific reports, if student drinks one can of 600ml of regular soft drink every day for a year is equals to 23kg of sugar and 6.75kg of fats, one can of 250ml equals to 24g of sugar and 1600ml bottle of regular soft drink equals to 64g of sugar. In the end, I strongly suggest schools should brought fruits for the caf" to sell as energy booster, because the sugar in fruits are natural and gives us heaps of vitamins and minerals.

Overall, I absolutely believe that soft drinks shouldn"t be sold at schools, because of distraction to behaviour, concentration, learning abilities, inhibitions and overall general health. It also effects students with increasing of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney stones, caramel cancer, disabilities, diseases and other life damaging or heart problems for students. Just as I said before, soft drinks gives us more harm than good and have no nutritional benefits; if you need energy to boost you up, eats fruits, they are natural energy booster of sugar.
funnycn

Pro

I accept your challenge.

First, even though you don't like soft drinks and it causes health issues you can't do much to stop it. I'll throw you an example. Alcohol. Even though many people don't like it, are against it, and hate it, it is still sold in stores, bars, and clubs. It causes liver failure, kills brain cells, and is the reason for drunk driving (what else would cause it?) that killed 10,322 people http://www.madd.org...

Also think of the economy. http://en.wikipedia.org... Coca Cola as of 2010 sells 1.6 BILLION beverages a day. According to http://www.businessinsider.com... they make $35.1 BILLION in revenue (Income minus Expenses)

If schools stopped selling Coca Cola products they'd lose a lot of money. Let's talk about schools now...
If schools stopped selling Soft Drinks, they'd lose a lot of money too. They make a small, but decent profit from the vending machines that sell the Soft Drinks.

I do understand that you realize that soft drinks can cause health issues, but consider these factors first.
RJ999999999RJ

Con

School principals think and cared most about student's health rather than schools funds, schools could sell healthier foods for their student to eat and could earn heaps more money than selling soft drinks. I strongly believe that World's governments should banned or restricted soft drinks and alcohol, because it is harmful to yourself and the government. Government shouldn't banned drugs, because drugs only harm yourself, not others; I am sure people could make right choices for themselves not others. By the way, I still confidently thought soft drinks id bad for all of us, because of the nasty ingredients the Coca-Cola company has put into it to harm students and adults. Soft drinks should be banned!!!
funnycn

Pro

"School principals think and cared most about student's health rather than schools funds" let me stop you there. How can you be so sure that they "care" about the student's health more than money? That is a hasty generalization. Let me add, very hasty. http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com... If a principal rapes a student are they concerning for their health and well being? I will admit, not all principals are greedy or horrible. Some do care about the students. But NOT EVERY SINGLE ONE.

You also said that "It is harmful to the government"
Um? Wait what? Drugs are harmful to people not the government but SODA is? You have less of a chance of dying from soda than drugs. Also most are illegal.
RJ999999999RJ

Con

But I still think soft should be banned, because it gives students more harm than good. This argument is all about student not adults!
funnycn

Pro

Students not adults? What about COLLEGE students huh?

Anyone viewing this debate in college? University/college students could use the caffeine from soft drinks to get a boost of energy. Wether they need late night studying or late night making out.

Also, you are not pulling much facts or sources to prove your points. You are saying you want soft drinks banned because they are "bad". Fine lets get rid of food because they contain fats which are bad.

Ever heard of pleasure? People drink beer which is bad but in moderation it's good. If students abroad drink soft drinks with moderation there won't be any or at least a lot of bad effects. In fact in moderation they have POSITIVE effects http://www.livestrong.com...

Your want for banning soft drinks has weak support.
RJ999999999RJ

Con

In my opinion, I strongly believe that soft drinks shouldn"t be sold at schools, because soft drinks damage our behaviours, concentrations, inhibitions, learning abilities and overall general health issues due to the community comments on www.debate.org/opinions/should-soda-be-sold-at-schools. For instance, it makes us aggressive, stimulant and disruptive; as well as it could distract student from concentrate on what they are doing.

First, I confidently believe that soft drinks shouldn"t be sold at schools, because soft drinks are causing troubles on our behaviours, concentrations, learning abilities, inhibitions and overall general health issues caused by the ingredients of sugars, carbon dioxide, artificial sweeteners, acids, sodium, artificial flavourings & colours and preservatives in each can or bottle of soft drink. Also, due to scientific researches showing on http://www.rethinksugarydrink.org.au..., it stated if a student drinks one can of 600ml of regular soft drink every day for a year this equals to 23kg of sugar and 6.75kg of fats, or one can of 250ml of energy drink equals to 24g of sugar and a 1600ml bottle of regular soft drink equals to 64g of sugar. It also stated that

In the end, I strongly suggest schools should brought buy fresh fruits for the caf" to sell as an energy booster, because the sugar in fruits are natural and fruits give us heaps of vitamins and minerals, not fats.

Also, bone breaking causing by carbonate from soft drinks corroding bones in our body and made bones loss of calcium & vitamin D; and tooth decay caused by sugar from the soft drinks stuck in our tooth and grows bacteria in the plague, which gives us horrible yellow tooth and smelling breath; are some examples that messed up our growth process.

So, I thought there is no use for schools to offer such expensive drinks, instead schools should using the money on sporting equipment, library books, stationaries, camps, excursions, uniforms and heaps more healthy choices for us.

Overall, I absolutely believe that soft drinks shouldn"t be sold at schools, because soft drinks gives us more harm than good and have no nutritional benefits; if you need energy to boost you up, eats fruits, they are natural energy booster!

FEEDBACK FROM MY TEACHER!!!
Well Done! You have put in a lot of time and effort to create a persuasive text with detailed evidence and explanations to support your arguments. You have also used extensive technical vocabulary and precise word groups that strengthens the credibility.
Your introduction has clearly stated your opinion and arguments to be discussed in the text. Please include a rhetorical question at the beginning or in the title to further engage the reader.
I really like how you included a solution to help persuade the reader, for example selling health food in the cafe as an energy booster. Great idea!
Using connective words to link your paragraphs will help the reader to understand and follow your arguments. For example, Firstly (argument 1), Secondly (argument 2), and Thirdly (argument 3).
funnycn

Pro

Let's look at your argument
"First, I confidently believe that soft drinks shouldn"t be sold at schools, because soft drinks are causing troubles on our behaviours, concentrations, learning abilities, inhibitions and overall general health issues caused by the ingredients of sugars, carbon dioxide, artificial sweeteners, acids, sodium, artificial flavourings & colours and preservatives in each can or bottle of soft drink. Also, due to scientific researches showing on http://www.rethinksugarydrink.org.au......, it stated if a student drinks one can of 600ml of regular soft drink every day for a year this equals to 23kg of sugar and 6.75kg of fats, or one can of 250ml of energy drink equals to 24g of sugar and a 1600ml bottle of regular soft drink equals to 64g of sugar. It also stated that..."

A279;Assuming that someone does drink everyday for a year. Not everyone drinks one can a day for a year your source is targeting Australian citizens, not citizens abroad.

"Also, bone breaking causing by carbonate from soft drinks corroding bones in our body and made bones loss of calcium & vitamin D; and tooth decay caused by sugar from the soft drinks stuck in our tooth and grows bacteria in the plague, which gives us horrible yellow tooth and smelling breath; are some examples that messed up our growth process."

Yet again, not everyone drinks soda every day. Moderation is key.

"So, I thought there is no use for schools to offer such expensive drinks, instead schools should using the money on sporting equipment, library books, stationaries, camps, excursions, uniforms and heaps more healthy choices for us"

Schools will keep selling soft drinks TO OBTAIN money. If they bought stuff to help us, they'd lose money. They don't care too much about you unless it makes them lose money or gain money.

"FEEDBACK FROM MY TEACHER!!!"

I'm stopping you right there. I don't care what your teacher has to say. I want to know what YOU have to say. Leave him/her out of it.

Now my argument.

The average vending machine in schools earn around $15,000 a year{http://www.districtadministration.com...}
. That's a lot for the school, including the expenses. I see you want to keep the vending machines but sell something else. However, most students would prefer soda over juice. Soda is more addictive, so they'll buy it more often. That's why the schools sell soda and not juice. To make money. Juice isn't as addictive as soda, not a lot of caffeine in them.

So by removing soda, you're still hurting the school. The sales of juice wouldn't be as high as soda.
RJ999999999RJ

Con

Schools do cares about their student's achievements and wellbeing, because if their students is healthy and achieves more, it can really made the schools be extremely proud. You are just saying schools should feeds its students sugary drinks and made them overweight. Then, the student's parents gonna blame the schools or perhaps put school to a judgement in the migration. Schools should banned soft drinks, because if they not care for their student's wellbeing, it is against the law.
funnycn

Pro

Ah the final round.

Let's look at your first statement

"Schools do cares about their student's achievements and wellbeing, because if their students is healthy and achieves more, it can really made the schools be extremely proud"

The first sentence has mistakes in spelling and grammar. Now, the schools only care about the grades and money. Teachers and staff do care about the students, they do have hearts and will help you if you have issues. However, they won't hurt their income. Also there are smart fat kids, so "health" isn't a big part that determines how smart they are; mental illnesses and how quickly they learn and their choice to learn determines how smart they are.

"You are just saying schools should feeds its students sugary drinks and made them overweight."
Sugary drinks will hardly make you super obese. While they do increase weight, it isn't on the scale of eating a whole cake. It's also to lose the weight you've obtained from one or two cans of soda. Run for 30 minutes.

"Then, the student's parents gonna blame the schools or perhaps put school to a judgement in the migration."
Honestly, I doubt this. They're going to blame their own child for being careless. THE SCHOOLS DON'T FORCE YOU TO DRINK THE SODA. It's up to you to drink it.

"Schools should banned soft drinks, because if they not care for their student's wellbeing, it is against the law."
Spelling errors again. Also, it's legal now to sell sodas, and no teachers or staff members are getting arrested for it. It's perfectly fine to sell soda in schools.
Posted by funnycn 3 years ago
funnycn
@treefuckerwhocares

Read my source.
Posted by treefuckerwhocares 3 years ago
treefuckerwhocares
this is alittle stupid give me how they are healthy to children?
Posted by RJ999999999RJ 3 years ago
RJ999999999RJ
I am a female student at middle school. My school is very great, because my principals banned my schools from selling unhealthy snacks and drinks, because they said that it is contains more harm than good in our bodies. That is why I post this debate, to show that my principal is right about that junk foods and soft drinks are extremely unhealthy and bad for our body to grow properly.
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 3 years ago
FaustianJustice
RJ999999999RJfunnycnTied
Reasons for voting decision: Blade runner echoes my opinion on the matter.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
RJ999999999RJfunnycnTied
Reasons for voting decision: con only made new cases and failed to rebuild his old cases, ultimately his entire argument fell
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
RJ999999999RJfunnycnTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm assuming English isn't Con's primary language--otherwise I would be awarding S&G to Pro for obvious reasons; I just try to cut a degree of slack for folks not speaking in their native tongue. As to arguments: Con never really presented a coherent case justifying the banning of soft drinks. To be sure, he offered some negative attributes. But not only did he not respond to Pro's arguments, he failed to justify his own position sufficiently, especially given his claim that drugs SHOULD be legal, but that soda should NOT--he was also distracted easily, though to his credit he brought it back to students eventually. The tangent about a worldwide alcohol and soda ban (but not a drug ban) not only hurt his case, it was, more importantly, off topic. Arguments to Pro. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.