Solar Freakin Roadways

Started: 10/2/2014 Category: Technology

I'm for the new roadways that i have heard about. I see nothing wrong with creating solar roadways. Not only does it help on our pollution crisis, but also we could sell them to China and get rid of our national debt.

I thank my opponent for this short debate. I have already done research on this subject and have found it to be so silly that the creators are either trying to scam people or didn't think it through propperly.
Solar roadways are hexagon shaped durable solar panels containing programs and LED lights if you didn't know. Firstly, lets look at the price of a normal roadway; which is around 2000 per square meter. Which means lining any road in normal solar panels would cost a fortune. Now imagine a solar panel that can withstand weights of several tons, and that has programmed LED lights installed in them. Lets say they would cost 10k per square meter. If you calculate the amount it would cost to line the roads of america, you would reach a grand total of 300 trillion dollars. Which is ridiculous considering America's 19 trillion debt that is still rising.

Finally, lets look at the efficiency at solar panels. Even with a little dust on it, a normal solar panel would become inneffective. Imagine the amount of dust, leaves, snow, stones, dirt ect. that would find itself on the road! Imagine the amont of inneficiency that would make. And if you were to clean the roads daily it would cost even more money.

As you can see, this is a silly idea that would cost a ridiculous amount of money.

You have done your research more thoroughly than me and i compliment you on that. i just wanted more information on the subject and since i go to school at an academy that has shot off wifi i do not have enough time myself. You are an excellent argeuer i dunno how to spell that he won vote him people s sighning off for the weekend.

SnowyOxygen forfeited this round.
Posted by Zzmrnewbooty 2 years ago
For everyone who doesn't know...

Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded, netting Con the arguments points. As to conduct, Con forfeited. But I also like to reward folks who honorably concede and don't forfeit, so Pro definitely gets conduct. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.