Darth_Grievous_42
Solarman1969

Solarman1969 should be removed from Debate.org

Darth_Grievous_42

Pro

Well Solarman, you challenged me to debate you, and here I am. Defend yourself, oh mighty knowledgeable, unquestionable elder.

Solarman1969 should be removed from this site. I will first clarify that I am not saying this our of contradiction to his opinions, as I do respect them. we have a 52.63% disagreement ratio, which means we agree on something. No, rather my "beef" is the presentation of his topics. His purposes for being on this site do not seem to be to inspire change, add to the public knowledge, or better the world, though I'm sure he'll contest. It seems from the debates of his I've read (yes, all of them, in full, including comments) which can be found here: http://www.debate.org... , that he does have potentially good topics, including hydrogen fuel and man made global climate change. However, all are ruined by his undeniable rudeness, calling people, and I quote: shmucks, Stalinist's, liberals (derogatorily), fools, morons, evil, dummies, and losers to only name a few. This is a direct violation of debate.orgs statues which were clearly set up when everyone signed up for this site as to hopefully avoid this infantile behavior. Another peevish move this man makes is to constantly criticize the intellects of the youth, liberals, and democrats of this site, simply because he is old, conservative, and most likely Republican, though his site says "Marijuana Party". This is the modern era, the 21st century, and people do not deserve to be treated like gum on the bottom of your sneakers. If age has taught you anything, it should be that there is way to much hatred and persecution in this world for more to sprout from someone who had to live through it. Yes, perhaps young people aren't as well versed in many area's as those who have lived longer had, however this is not a basis to belittle the minds of those individuals. I am 18 years old, legally an adult. I can go to prison, I can vote, and I can now get a drivers licence in some states. I know full well what I am talking about. Your behavior proves many times, more so than not, to be more childish and juvenile than those who were born at a later date than you. I will not touch on your direct debates, as they are all as legitimate as mine, a neo-nazi's, a buddhists, or a 6 year olds. You do try to make a point, I will say that right now, but the mannerism in which you do is disgraceful. Read your past posts and try to prove me wrong.

I challenge all readers of this to not vote on who you liked the most but which point was better made. If Solarman best's me, as I'm sure he thinks he will, vote for him. If you do agree he should be thrown out, then go to his page and "Report Him".

As your so fond of saying
cheers.
Solarman1969

Con

All I have to do is say one thing

You are a stalinist and afraid of the truth

grow up

you are just like the liberals who want Conservative talk radio shut down by fiat becuase you cant argue facts or history or science, and you are completely wrong on every single issue

and liberals are complete failures on radio- theyre BORING!

so whats your solution, darth ?

SHUT DOWN THE OPPOSITION

this is called STALINISM, and you are one, if youre really trying to shut me down. You are probably just joking.

I will whoop your little 18 year old butt on ANY TOPIC- pick one- as you can see I have already had over 30 debates on a number of topics, and have commented on over 100.

you probably would have been happy to stuff the Jews in the ovens 60 years ago- those troublemaking Jews!

I love how you liberals are always trying to paint conservatives as nazis- nothing could be further from the truth- they were SOCIALISTS, much akin to the modern democrat party, the party of slavery.

I cut my teeth with fools like you at Berkeley when I was 18, where loudmouth cocky Stalinists like yourself and the other little girl on this site, who tries the same tactics, would try everything under the sun to try and shut down my point of view, caling me every name under the sun

RACIST! SEXIST ! HOMOMPHOBE ! WARMONGER! NAZI!

Guess what ? I prevailed every single time the leftist mobs tried to take me on, and have me removed from , to stop whoever was trying to excercise FREE SPEECH (which to liberals means only speech they agree with)

Why? becuase liberals have NO IDEAS, NO LOGIC, NO INTELLECT and NO CONDFIENCE in what they were saying , they only have the MOB MENTALITY, which is WEAK

Thus , I always defeated them, and made it possible fo conservtives like Ayn Rand and others to speak on Campus

Your ilk are the ones on campii now shutting down conservatives like Horowitz, and Coulter and Savage and Hannity when they come to talk

What are you afraid of?

Simple

You are afraid of someone challenging your anti-US. anti-family anti-religion anti-business anti-caplitaist anti-freedom anti-military pro-communist viewpoint

have a nice day

solarman
Darth_Grievous_42

Pro

What proof do you have that I am a Stalinist? Have I ever expressed a hatred for homosexuals? Do I hate black people? Am I for wars at all? Am I wearing a shwastica right now? No, no, no, no, and no, respectively. Am I a liberal? No, I'm technically a moderate, who shares both liberal and conservative views. I listen to Shaun Hannity, and I'm reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. So then, on what basis do you have for calling me a Stalinist, Homophobe, racist, warmonger, and Nazi? On what previous proof did you have that I hated these people? And what does this matter as to why you should be reprimanded from this site? The reply you just gave confirms everything I have just said: That you are rude, and in direct disregard of the statutes set up by this site that where posted in full view when you signed on. Did you make a single point in that last reply? Absolutely not. The only thing I can find in that mound of trash you call a counter argument is this: It would violate your 1st amendment right. Well, here it is:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

It even has my name in it. Well, lets look at it carefully. Read it a few times. Alright, so then, should people be able to curse on children networks? Can I give the bird on Barney? If anyone said no, then that means your obviously abridging my freedom of speech, right? Or do you agree that there are certain limitations to this most clasped to of clauses? Does the 1st amendment really give you the right say whatever you want? Now that you've thought of that, are YOU not trying to suppress the views and beliefs of people, simply by name calling? Doesn't this make you a liberal, according to your own definition?

Again, I say, how does calling me, and likewise other people, names and threatening them ("I will whoop your little 18 year old butt") prove a point at all? Is it really necessary to the point in itself? Does it matter? No, sir, it does not. The for fathers of this site made a rule, specifically designed to stop these worthless, childish, and petty acts from occurring. Offending people or trying to scare them does not challenge any "anti-US, anti-family, anti-religion, anti-business, anti-capitalist, anti-freedom, anti-military, pro-communist" viewpoint. All it does is show your own ignorance for making a good point. Veiling behind attacks when you are unable to prove the other wrong. Why try to make a point, when you can crush morals, no? This has to be stopped. If you will not cease and desist all of this juvenile behavior, I believe there is no other option than to have you forcibly remove. This is a "peaceful assembly", and we'd like to keep it that way.

But go ahead. If you want to debate something, start something. I'm not afraid of any of my view points being challenged. I'm not "afraid" of you, or any other opposition. All I ask is that if I'm challenged, I want to be challenged, not patronized for who I am. Now then, if you please, aside from trying to depress me, will you please touch on why you should not be removed? How has your constant belittlement of the people themselves actually proved anything you have to say to be right? How does that prove me wrong?
Solarman1969

Con

I think you should be banned! !!!!

(/ hysteria)

I think that you are afraid of free speech, despite all your lofty rhetoric

Name a debate topic , other than this inane of from you, and I will be happy to debate you

I need not defend myself to you or anyone else

And plain and simple, if you want speech you disagree with ended, you are a stalinist.

that is all the bandwidth I am devoting to this subject

goodbye
Darth_Grievous_42

Pro

Well Solarman, I see I'm once again marked a Stalinist, which again, proves my point. But I again see that your only implied definition of a Stalinist seems to be anyone who disagrees with you. Here's the thing: so what if I am? What difference does that make to the argument at hand? Does this further make any intelligent point as to whether or not I am right or wrong? Absolutely not. This is my main point: Attacking the person does not add to the topic on hand. It is unnecessary, unneeded, and unwanted. There should never be any reason for a person's own integrity to come into question just because the topic is disagreeable to another individual. It does not matter who the person is that is saying it, all that matters is what they say. No one personally needs to be beat down simply for who they are. Similar acts: slavery, the Holocaust, KKK, the Spanish Inquisition, War, Terrorism, and generally all things that are bad simply because the people could not look beyond their own ignorance and felt that persecution was the answer. Ladies and Gentlemen, and especially Solarman1969, this is not the answer and never has been and that is exactly why this site set up the rules that it did. It is not a style to call people names it is pure hate. I does not amount to anything other than hurt. One is not a great antagonist for causing pain, but merely for opposing someone. This is the fundamentals of a good debate! Prove your point better, in a logical, knowledgeable, well thought out way. Does saying I'm a "marxist" prove that my debate topic is automatically wrong simply because of who I may or may not be? One does not deserve fame for these things! Name calling is not a strategy! It is simple unquestionable ignorance! This is a place of peaceful argument not fighting, and yes, there is a very distinct and clear difference between the two.

I will make this perfectly clear: I DO NOT WANT SOLARMAN'S VOICE TO BE EXTINQUISHED. I ONLY WANT HIM TO STOP THE SLANDER OF THE RESPECTABLE MEMBER'S OF THIS SITE.

Absolutely no one deserves to be mistreated by any single person on this site, and I fully acknowledge this is a direct hypocrisy to my entire point. I apologize to you Solarman, if I have indeed insulted you in any way, but I truly do not mean it. I have tried many a time and asked you to please stop harassing people, and yet you continued to do so. I felt the only way that I might be able to make you understand is to call you out on it. This is a simple request: STOP ATTACKING PEOPLE, RATHER ATTACK THE POINTS.

That is all I have to say. I beg the readers forgiveness for the entirety of this "debate". It was a fool's errand. The outcome of the voting matter's not to me. Darth_Grievous_42 out.
Solarman1969

Con

This is totally boring

And, MR Grevious, I dont attack anyone

nice try

IN fact , any number of folks attack me and I could care less

this is boring

goodbye
Posted by emilyskates72 3 years ago
emilyskates72
I sense two accounts run by the same person...
Posted by mananlak 4 years ago
mananlak
Gotta love how Solarman1969 is defending himself.
Just calls out for bias, no?
Posted by brainiac444 6 years ago
brainiac444
I don't get the point of this debate. Why would you want to "ban" somebody from the website. If you did he/she can just make a new account. Some people really make random debates.
Posted by Cerebral_Narcissist 7 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
I am just a newbie so I don't know the whole history behind this, but I am more than familiar with this type of person. It amuses me how Solarman instantly conceded the argument by trotting out the aforementioned abuse!
Posted by SaiyashaMisamurai 8 years ago
SaiyashaMisamurai
Solarman1969 has dug his own grave.

It's sad to say that there are more people like him out there; that others walk around with such ignorance clouding their vision.

And I don't think Ayn Rand would appreciate being dragged into this, nor anyone else the contender spoke of.

Well, since Atlas Shrugged has been mentioned, I might as well say this; the relationship between The Instigator and The Contender seems similar to that of the Taggart siblings. In fact, (and I will admit, the two's previous mentions of Ayn Rand and Atlas Shrugged had the theme stuck in my head for the remainder of the debate) when Solarman said, "I think you should be banned! !!!!", it struck me as remarkably similar to the shriek of James Taggart at the return of his sister to her company, "It was your fault! You did it! You're to blame for it! Because you left!"

I think the same emotions were behind each quote.

Just saying.
Posted by stormchaser221 8 years ago
stormchaser221
"And, MR Grevious, I dont attack anyone"
HAHAHAHA!
This is after 3 rounds of BLASTING him on being a Stalinist, Marxist, Nazi, Jew Killer, Liar, Moron, etc. Does anyone truly take this guy with a grain of salt?!
Posted by SaiyashaMisamurai 8 years ago
SaiyashaMisamurai
This is a rather frivolous debate...
Posted by Zerosmelt 8 years ago
Zerosmelt
"so whats your solution, darth ?

SHUT DOWN THE OPPOSITION

this is called STALINISM"

what about nazism?
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
no I didnt

you said

150 years ago
Posted by hattopic 9 years ago
hattopic
Good god, you truly are ignorant. You missed my point entirely.
Vote Placed by LIFEISNEVEREASY 2 months ago
LIFEISNEVEREASY
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Reasons for voting decision: What should I say?
Vote Placed by danhep 2 years ago
danhep
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Reasons for voting decision: What a jerk
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The RFD should be really obvious to anyone who read the debate.
Vote Placed by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Vote Placed by The_Tom 3 years ago
The_Tom
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro accused solar man of having bad conduct. Solar man proved this to be a correct assumption.
Vote Placed by AgentRocks 3 years ago
AgentRocks
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Reasons for voting decision: CONDUCT= 9001
Vote Placed by Maedis 4 years ago
Maedis
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Reasons for voting decision: That guy solarman gives conservatives a bad name and he should be removed
Vote Placed by potatolover 6 years ago
potatolover
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied
Vote Placed by Pandora9321 6 years ago
Pandora9321
Darth_Grievous_42Solarman1969Tied