SilverBrass
Lexus

Solving the proverty among people should be a higher pirority than the damage to the environment

Lexus

SilverBrass

Pro

The motion: THW class poverty as a higher priority than the environment.

Before I introduce this debate, please note that this is my first time involving myself in the debates on this website. However, I am looking for someone partially experienced in debating to offer a good debate on the subject. In other words: DO NOT go easy. Be ruthless, harsh, as if you were in a debating final for £2,000 (lets be honest, we'd all enjoy a bit of money). Obviously, let's not make the arguments too complicated, as others who stumble upon this debate in the future do have to be able to understand it.

Without further ado, let's begin with the format:

Round (1) : Challenge being accepted, and positions being taken.
Round (2) : Each side bringing in their main points, beginning the debate. Opposition having the chance to rebut the proposition while bringing up their main points.
Round (3) : Both sides rebut the other, trying to convince the audience. Also, points are expanded upon, taking into account the opponent's points.
Round (4) : This round is purely rebuttal, with no more points. New examples can be used that back up current arguments, but no new arguments.
Round (5) : This round is used to end the debate, in a last bid to convince the audience. Feel free to scrutinize any points as sarcastically as you wish. No new points or examples can be brought up in this round. ALL points made must have been made in previous rounds.

Rule Reminder for Rounds:
(1) : None, only respect.
(2) : Must bring in main points. No completely new points can be brought up in future rounds, unless as brief rebuttal.
(3) : Points introduced in last round are expanded upon (new direction, examples, etc.). NO NEW POINTS!
(4) : Rebuttal, linking back to points made in previous rounds. NO NEW POINTS/ARGUMENTS!
(5) : All arguments, examples, statistics etc. brought up in this round must have been elaborated on in previous rounds, whether in rebuttal or the speech.

Main Challenge/reason for this format:
I've found that the debating on Debate.Org seems quite simple. Yes, many debates on this site are complex and requires a good amount of knowledge. However, the debater has so much opportunity to bring in new arguments at any point. Anyone could stumble through a debate, not thinking about what they're doing. With this format, the two sides must try to expect what the proposition will say in the future, being restricted to only talking about points raised in the second round. This is meant as a challenge to spice up the debate, not as some sort of advantage (both sides must comply to the same rules).

Plea to audience:
Please do not vote on your opinion. Please vote on who had the most solid arguments and who backed them up most efficiently. Feel free to express your opinion in the comments, but do not vote on your own opinion. Vote on the strength of the arguments.

Final Note:
I hope to have a good debate with whoever decides to accept. Until then, happy debating!
Lexus

Con

Allahu Akbar.
SilverBrass

Pro

SilverBrass forfeited this round.
Lexus

Con

My opponent forfeited, and the rules dictate that they cannot make any arguments in future rounds. Refuting my arguments without allowing me to refute theirs is unfair, thus I should win this debate as a default due to the rules.

I will provide my sole contention:
POVERTY IS GOOD.

Thus, I negate.
SilverBrass

Pro

SilverBrass forfeited this round.
Lexus

Con

By not addressing it, my opponent concedes my argument.
SilverBrass

Pro

SilverBrass forfeited this round.
Lexus

Con

Extend under the name of Allah.
SilverBrass

Pro

SilverBrass forfeited this round.
Lexus

Con

Pro: forfeits
I: argue
Pro: concedes
I: extend
I: win.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
How ironic... Pro says "don't go easy", then abandons the debate.
Posted by Kukithan 2 years ago
Kukithan
I agree. There is nothing wrong with the environment, really, just a few natural phenomenon.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
SilverBrassLexusTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeiture
Vote Placed by imabench 2 years ago
imabench
SilverBrassLexusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited